Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 20, 2022, 11:17:18 PM
Curious. Taylor showed as released on the 15th but this article lists him as in camp?

Yeah, not certain on that one.

I was at practice yesterday and Taylor was listed on the roster (number 55).

Blue In BC

A new QB added to the roster. He's a big one. The biggest one on the roster so far.

Mancuso (six-foot-four, 215 pounds, University of Richmond, October 6, 1997 in Blairsville, GA) joins the Blue Bombers after five years with the Spiders.

Current roster shows 99 players but does not include the extra players from the Bisons.

Hard to tell exactly how many non counters are on the roster at the moment but a large number of 2021 and 2022 draft choices ( 15 that I can find ).

CFL.CA is not updating in real time so there may have been a few released that still show active.

Likely a few more additions coming and a few more deletions in the next few days. We're seeing that around the league each day. Bombers updates seem to be later than some teams. No big deal but it makes it difficult to know what changes are being made.

If my counts are correct we're about 9 over the drop to 75 that was due on May 17. If it got pushed out 4 more days that's something we may see today or tomorrow.?

In any case that's a lot of players to sort through.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

2022 Global draft. So far only 1 of 3 have shown up. Hackett is coming back in theory after dealing with some family issues?

Anyone hear something about Sleep-Dalton coming to camp?

2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 21, 2022, 04:10:38 PM
2022 Global draft. So far only 1 of 3 have shown up. Hackett is coming back in theory after dealing with some family issues?

I read it somewhere that he said he will not come to CFL. That's why it was questioned why Walters drafted him.

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 21, 2022, 04:10:38 PM

I believe it was a family visit, not an issue... while the strike was on...

IT must be hard to get globals to come to camp, with the promise of a maximum wage lower than any other rostered player...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on May 21, 2022, 04:28:28 PM
I believe it was a family visit, not an issue... while the strike was on...

IT must be hard to get globals to come to camp, with the promise of a maximum wage lower than any other rostered player...

We have 3 global players in camp that didn't have any problem showing up. Hackett is supposed to show up.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 21, 2022, 05:32:46 PM
We have 3 global players in camp that didn't have any problem showing up. Hackett is supposed to show up.

Yes, I know, Walters did a good job in getting them here... that's what I was saying... it must be hard, but Walters got it done.

As to Sleep-Dalton, a third rounder in the global draft is the definition of a flyer pick...  in this case, a Sleep(er) pick...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on May 21, 2022, 06:12:41 PM
Yes, I know, Walters did a good job in getting them here... that's what I was saying... it must be hard, but Walters got it done.

As to Sleep-Dalton, a third rounder in the global draft is the definition of a flyer pick...  in this case, a Sleep(er) pick...

You keep trying to make the point about under paid global players. Oh boo hoo. The list of global players not coming or returning to the CFL is not very large. We lose more imports ( suspended  ) at the beginning of each TC that opt out of football.

If Walters knew this guy wasn't coming to camp, why didn't he draft another player?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gordo

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 21, 2022, 03:08:06 PM
A new QB added to the roster. He's a big one. The biggest one on the roster so far.

Mancuso (six-foot-four, 215 pounds, University of Richmond, October 6, 1997 in Blairsville, GA) joins the Blue Bombers after five years with the Spiders.

Current roster shows 99 players but does not include the extra players from the Bisons.

Hard to tell exactly how many non counters are on the roster at the moment but a large number of 2021 and 2022 draft choices ( 15 that I can find ).

CFL.CA is not updating in real time so there may have been a few released that still show active.

Likely a few more additions coming and a few more deletions in the next few days. We're seeing that around the league each day. Bombers updates seem to be later than some teams. No big deal but it makes it difficult to know what changes are being made.

If my counts are correct we're about 9 over the drop to 75 that was due on May 17. If it got pushed out 4 more days that's something we may see today or tomorrow.?

In any case that's a lot of players to sort through.

This new qb looks like a good fit for the CFL. Can run, throw and is big.

https://3downnation.com/2022/05/21/up-the-water-spout-bombers-sign-former-spiders-quarterback-joe-mancuso/

But lots of guys with the tools don?t pan out. Hopefully this guy sticks. 

Need to groom a good one.  Not liking the potential of any of the other guys behind Zach.

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 21, 2022, 06:18:47 PM
You keep trying to make the point about under paid global players. Oh boo hoo. The list of global players not coming or returning to the CFL is not very large. We lose more imports ( suspended  ) at the beginning of each TC that opt out of football.

If Walters knew this guy wasn't coming to camp, why didn't he draft another player?

You do understand that not every player drafted is expected to sign... that some are drafted knowing full well we may never see them, but *if* they do, it will be worth it using the pick.  We can't sign every pick, but if a flyer pick eventually signs, its a bonus... and a third rounder in a draft where you are trying to keep a pipe filled for a maximum of two potential roster spots...

Glad he wasn't following your theory when he drafted Dobson, or Rene, or Gray, or Ford, or...

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on May 21, 2022, 07:25:03 PM
You do understand that not every player drafted is expected to sign... that some are drafted knowing full well we may never see them, but *if* they do, it will be worth it using the pick.  We can't sign every pick, but if a flyer pick eventually signs, its a bonus... and a third rounder in a draft where you are trying to keep a pipe filled for a maximum of two potential roster spots...

Glad he wasn't following your theory when he drafted Dobson, or Rene, or Gray, or Ford, or...

Not even close to a comparison about drafting Canadians that try to land a gig in the NFL first. 

We don't draft Americans and we can sign, cut sign new Americans for months before the beginning of TC. Hundreds of players to choose from and a few decide not to show in each CFL TC every year.

I don't know how many globals are looked at but GLOBALS should be an indication of a far and wide search. The leagues comes up with a list of more than 27 but only drafts 27 in total and at least one doesn't show up is bizarre.

Bombers took a " flyer" on a global punter playing in the NFL last year.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS ADD QUARTERBACK JOE MANCUSO

WINNIPEG, MB., May 21, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American quarterback Joe Mancuso.

Mancuso (6-4, 215, University of Richmond, October 6, 1997 in Blairsville, GA) joins the Blue Bombers after five years with the Spiders. During his time at Richmond, Mancuso impressed early on and was named a team captain and left his name in the school's history books. Wrapping up his final season in 2021, the quarterback finished top ten in each of the school's passing categories and became the first quarterback in school history to throw for 5,500 yards and rush for another 1,500. He finished his college career with more than 7,000 all-purpose yards and finished fifth all-time in Richmond history with 39 touchdowns.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/05/21/blue-bombers-add-quarterback-joe-mancuso/

gobombersgo

QUICK HITS - TRAINING CAMP - DAY 3

4. FYI: Not practising Saturday were OL Pat Neufeld, Michael Couture and FB Mike Miller. Not on the field after being injured on Friday was WR Carlton Agudosi

WR Brendan O'Leary-Orange spent a good chunk of the session working with the starters on Saturday. On that point, when O'Shea was asked after practice how much we should read into who is working with who, he answered: 'zero.'

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/05/21/quick-hits-training-camp-day-3

Bluehawk

Remember some talk earlier in the year but are there any updates on a possible return of Hanson?
Will never forget his hit in Grey Cup 1.
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....