Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 24, 2018, 01:37:19 PM
Yikes...that's not good.  Hopefully he's okay and if it is a broken nose, he can probably keep playing with a cage on his helmet.  Kulikov has been solid this season. 

Case could be made for him being the top defenseman so far this season. He and Myers have been excellent.

Hertl had Kulikov lined up for a while. He should've let up, IMO.

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 24, 2018, 05:59:50 PM
Poolman was just recalled so maybe not a good sign for Kulikov.  

I can't see Kulikov playing tomorrow night. My guess is Chiarot takes his place with Poolman as the 7th.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

agree that Chiarot, who has played well, will probably be in on Thursday.
Mathias got placed on the IR, retroactive to Jan. 12th. ........ Dano gets to hang around longer due to only Lemieux as his pressure.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 21, 2018, 04:27:55 PM
I don't understand what you're saying. Hutchinson isn't a developmental piece now, if he ever was. He's a pending UFA and there's been no indication the Jets intend to keep him around after the season.

Hutchinson stays up as long as Mason is on IR. That's the only reason he's with the big club. It's not about controlling cost or developing him (he's almost 28 years old).

Agreed on both counts. The Jets are a better team with Mason healthy, too.

My guess is we match.

We are paying Mason way to much money. Its not much diff from Hutch last year.

Jets want to keep players within the system
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

The Zipp

Still awake over here...terrible offensive OT...shootout on a cold goalie!!

The Zipp

Matt Hendricks???  Over ehlers??

Stoned by a cold goalie - single point is good I guess

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on January 26, 2018, 04:56:27 AM

I was weirded out by that too.

Oh well, I was happy to go to OT, that game could have gone either way. I'll take the point!

Points in all four games since the bye week, 3 of those games being on the road. Noice.

Wishing there was a weekend game. What exactly am I going to do with my life? Not watch the Pro Bowl, that's for sure.
#Ride?

TrueBlue75

I'll take the point. The Jets had zero shots on Miller for the final 6ish minutes of the third and entire OT. We stayed alive with the ducks pushing hard. Every time we play the ducks, I'm reminded of how much I despise that team. Bunch of jerks. Also, how in the world did the high stick on Buff get missed? When he came back to the bench you could see a cut on his lip, so that should have been a double minor penalty. Simply ridiculous!

Taking 3 of 4 points in Cali is great. Jets have to keep pushing hard for the final 32 games!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 26, 2018, 03:10:30 AM
My guess is we match.

We are paying Mason way to much money. Its not much diff from Hutch last year.

Jets want to keep players within the system

It's not the same at all. Mason is a proven netminder at the NHL level and that's why he was paid a considerable sum as a free agent last summer.

Hutchinson will be 28 this year and there are other younger pieces actually drafted by the organization who need to be developed.

That made absolutely no sense. And I'm amazed the Jets didn't manage a single SOG after Miller came into to replace Gibson.

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on January 26, 2018, 01:37:55 PM
I'll take the point. The Jets had zero shots on Miller for the final 6ish minutes of the third and entire OT. We stayed alive with the ducks pushing hard. Every time we play the ducks, I'm reminded of how much I despise that team. Bunch of jerks. Also, how in the world did the high stick on Buff get missed? When he came back to the bench you could see a cut on his lip, so that should have been a double minor penalty. Simply ridiculous!

Taking 3 of 4 points in Cali is great. Jets have to keep pushing hard for the final 32 games!

Well said. I agree, 3 of 4 is very good. And yes, the Ducks are a greasy team.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

I hate Kesler, Getzlaf and Bieksa so, so much.
#Ride?

theaardvark

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=matt+hendrick+paralyzer#id=1&vid=36b50ae0ded46ece7959601a896aa920&action=click

This is why...  amazing to watch this.

I have never seen a goalie actully put on his butt by a deke...  Hendricks does it in the first 3 shots in this clip...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 26, 2018, 02:48:17 PM

How about the worst of all in Corey Perry biggest a-hole?

Hendricks and Perrault were crap in the shootout

The point was decent though

We suck 3 on 3

Players have no patience on our side
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TrueBlue75

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 26, 2018, 02:48:17 PM
Add Perry and Rackell to the list also...Even Getzlaff at times. Bunch of idiots.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on January 26, 2018, 10:36:08 PM
Add Perry and Rackell to the list also...Even Getzlaff at times. Bunch of idiots.

The teams a bunch of idiots because the coach is an idiot
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

True Blue

Love Ehlers but he couldn't score a goal on a breakaway/shootout to save his life.
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

theaardvark

Had to watch that Hendrick highlight reel again... Thomas gets soooo mad when he gets sat down...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.