Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Quote from: The Zipp on April 27, 2016, 04:05:39 AM
One of my favorites for sure.  Poor Martha.

Yup, tonight should shed some light on what's gonna happen to her. The great thing about this show is they aren't afraid to kill off some of the regular characters. She could die tonight or be in episodes for the next year and a half.

The Zipp

Quote from: gobombersgo on April 27, 2016, 09:50:06 PM
Yup, tonight should shed some light on what's gonna happen to her. The great thing about this show is they aren't afraid to kill off some of the regular characters. She could die tonight or be in episodes for the next year and a half.

"I am in charge of FBI counter-intelligence, and my secretary married a KGB officer..."

Won't spill any spoilers on Martha...

pjrocksmb

movie was great, haven't seen the series

JMT21

Finally got Netflix last week. Starting watching "Orange is the New Black".  I can see why it's get nominated for so many awards.

Am thinking of committing myself to "House of Cards".  Is it worth it?  What other shows is it comparable to ? 

GOLDMEMBER

We enjoyed "wayward pines" season 1, season 2 starts tonight, different cast hopefully it's as good as the first.

FYI I don't know what the hell Seth Rogan (producer, director,etc...) is smoking but episode 1 of "The Preacher" was just stupid! Avoid that one.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Finally finished watching the first half of season 5 of Vikings. What a fantastic show!

Quote from: JMT21 on May 25, 2016, 05:47:53 PM
Finally got Netflix last week. Starting watching "Orange is the New Black".  I can see why it's get nominated for so many awards.

Am thinking of committing myself to "House of Cards".  Is it worth it?  What other shows is it comparable to ? 

HOC is phenomenal. Spacey and Wright are simply amazing in it. Not sure what compares but if you like great TV, this series hits the nail on the head. Totally worth watching, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 26, 2016, 01:03:20 AM
We enjoyed "wayward pines" season 1, season 2 starts tonight, different cast hopefully it's as good as the first.

FYI I don't know what the hell Seth Rogan (producer, director,etc...) is smoking but episode 1 of "The Preacher" was just stupid! Avoid that one.

I actually stopped 30 mins into that one...maybe I will give it another shot but it looked as you accurately put it: STUPID!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on May 26, 2016, 03:17:17 PM
I actually stopped 30 mins into that one...maybe I will give it another shot but it looked as you accurately put it: STUPID!!

i watched all of it and does not improve.

The Zipp

Quote from: JMT21 on May 25, 2016, 05:47:53 PM

oh yah you need to watch it, it is not like any other main network show - great drama (touch unrealistic at times) but not over the top by any means.  First season grabs you in - jealous that you have that to look forward to...binge watching a great show is a guilty pleasure and HOC is one of the best.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on May 26, 2016, 09:06:42 PM
oh yah you need to watch it, it is not like any other main network show - great drama (touch unrealistic at times) but not over the top by any means.  First season grabs you in - jealous that you have that to look forward to...binge watching a great show is a guilty pleasure and HOC is one of the best.
hmm I'll try orange black the. We have Netflix.

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 26, 2016, 11:50:26 PM
hmm I'll try orange black the. We have Netflix.

I was actually talking about house of cards. Orange is the new black is pretty good though too.

JMT21

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 26, 2016, 01:52:31 PM
Finally finished watching the first half of season 5 of Vikings. What a fantastic show!

HOC is phenomenal. Spacey and Wright are simply amazing in it. Not sure what compares but if you like great TV, this series hits the nail on the head. Totally worth watching, IMO.

Yup.... watched first episode of HOC... loved it.  Robin Wright might look better now than she did 20 years ago! Time to cut costs and simplify my Shaw package.   8)

blue_gold_84

Quote from: JMT21 on May 30, 2016, 05:52:35 PM
Yup.... watched first episode of HOC... loved it.  Robin Wright might look better now than she did 20 years ago! Time to cut costs and simplify my Shaw package.   8)

She's stunning in that show! And it only gets better. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gobombersgo

The Television Critics Association Awards nominations were announced today. Lot of the shows discussed in this thread are nominated;

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/22/tca-awards-nominations-2016

BomberPride

Skip OITNB and start watching Wentworth.

Takes a few episodes to build, but guarantee you won't be able to stop watching it.

and can we talk about how epic Game of Thrones was last weekend? Season finale on Sunday :(
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?