NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Doesn't look like they gave up a lot, and got them to retain salary... did Chevy not want him?  He is a rental, and Chevy doesn't often invest in those unless he thinks he can sign them.  Although isn't Tanev a local boy?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 29, 2024, 06:51:24 PMDoesn't look like they gave up a lot, and got them to retain salary... did Chevy not want him?  He is a rental, and Chevy doesn't often invest in those unless he thinks he can sign them.  Although isn't Tanev a local boy?

No.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

J5V

At first I was bummed out when I heard that Tanev signed with Dallas but the more I think about it, the less bummed I am. Tanev is not young and has a lot of miles on him. There's something to be said for chemistry as well. Who knows how that's going to work out? A guy like that, who blocks so many shots, is one shot away from disaster. Again, who knows how that is going to work out. Besides, we still have time to make a move provided it's the right move. More important to me is seeing this team gell at the right time. Goaltending, chemistry, and timing are more important to me.
Go Bombers!

Jockitch

So bout a week ago this young loose cannon called Rempe with the Rangers ran over Devil's Bastien and no teammate really stood up and answered the hit.
Just past 5:30 tonight, Devil's traded with the Avs and got a Bouncer called K. MacDermid
    Would bet he was picked up to fight Rempe when the teams meet soon. 
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Jockitch

now gone Mittelstadt and Walker land in Colorado in 2 separate deals           while Henrique and Carrick get to Oilers 

Mantha to Vegas,           Tarasenko to Panthers

## now Friedman is reporting that Hanifin will be sent to Vegas tonight

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Lots of western teams making moves the last 24 hours.

I don't like that.
#forthew
лава Україні!

dd

Quote from: Jockitch on March 01, 2024, 11:16:20 PMSo bout a week ago this young loose cannon called Rempe with the Rangers ran over Devil's Bastien and no teammate really stood up and answered the hit.
Just past 5:30 tonight, Devil's traded with the Avs and got a Bouncer called K. MacDermid
    Would bet he was picked up to fight Rempe when the teams meet soon. 
I think rempe is over rated. He's big but all offense and no defense, he takes more punches than he lands, just look at him now, 2 black eyes. That Olivier guy killed him in their bout. He won't last in the league

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Jockitch

Full trade:
Pittsburgh trades Jake Guentzel (25% retained) and Ty Smith to Carolina in exchange for Michael Bunting, Ville Koivunen, Vasili Ponomarev, Cruz Lucius, Carolina's 1st RD pick in 2024 (Conditional) and Carolina's 5th RD pick in 2024 (Conditional).

WOWEEEEEEEE what a quantity in return for Guentzel.     
I say quantity cuz the valued quality remains to be determined

Canes add for the playoffs, if he gets healthy, and beyond, if he signs .... as he is a UFA

Meanwhile Crosby and his men, playing at Home, go down 6 - 0 to Washington tonight 

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Pretty quiet morning so far.

Per LeBrun, Capitals F Kuznetsov is getting traded to the Hurricanes.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/carolina-hurricanes-getting-evgeny-kuznetsov-in-deal-with-washington-capitals-1.2086934
#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_gold_84