NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 11, 2024, 04:48:22 PMYou're joking, right...?

They won't be under the cap, but I doubt any of those players return for the balance of the season. Once the playoffs start, the cap no longer exists. So, don't be shocked if they're all magically healthy in time for the first round.

I hope they miss the playoffs.

Nope, not joking in the least... if a player is traded and a team retains 50% of his salary, and that player goes LTIR, does the team retaining salary get cap relief?

As to Vegas and the cap, a lot of those players are due to return this week...  can't keep them on LTIR if they can play...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Wheelers contract was bought out by the Jets. He then became an FA. So, the Jets have nothing to do with his current contract.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 11, 2024, 04:48:22 PMYou're joking, right...?

They won't be under the cap, but I doubt any of those players return for the balance of the season. Once the playoffs start, the cap no longer exists. So, don't be shocked if they're all magically healthy in time for the first round.

I hope they miss the playoffs.

And this is the problem. The cap should be in place for the playoffs.

Pigskin

Well Rempe should get at least 3 games for that elbow.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on March 11, 2024, 09:18:23 PMNope, not joking in the least... if a player is traded and a team retains 50% of his salary, and that player goes LTIR, does the team retaining salary get cap relief?

Am I missing something here or do you think the Jets traded Wheeler?

He was bought out on Jun 30, 2023* and signed with the Rangers as a UFA.

Quote from: Pigskin on March 11, 2024, 09:49:16 PMAnd this is the problem. The cap should be in place for the playoffs.

It's one of many with the NHL from a business standpoint.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jockitch

Really love the lead up and the day of the Trade Deadline, however, certainly agree that the playoffs should maintain that Cap maximum for each and every game played in playoffs
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 12, 2024, 12:12:33 PMAm I missing something here or do you think the Jets traded Wheeler?

He was bought out on Jun 30, 2023* and signed with the Rangers as a UFA.

It's one of many with the NHL from a business standpoint.

I fully well know Wheeler was bought out... just suggesting that we are paying a player cap money when he is unable to perform... there is an equivalency...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on March 13, 2024, 02:28:38 AMI fully well know Wheeler was bought out... just suggesting that we are paying a player cap money when he is unable to perform... there is an equivalency...

Explain how. Because it doesn't sound like you understand how the buyout process works.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 13, 2024, 12:11:52 PMExplain how. Because it doesn't sound like you understand how the buyout process works.

He doesn't. That's why he asked the question.

Simply say that no, we are not eligible for any cap relief.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

The Desert Dogs Saga continues: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/arizona-coyotes-cleared-to-bid-for-tract-of-land-in-north-phoenix-for-new-arena-site-1.2090043

QuoteThe Coyotes have been searching for a permanent home since their former owner took the franchise in bankruptcy in 2009.

Fifteen years of this silliness.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Very good game between the Ava's and Oilers last night. Ava's win it with .5 of a second left in OT.

blue_gold_84

The Predators are on a tear right now with a league-leading .842 points percentages since the all-star break (14-0-2).
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず