NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryGreg

bad year for Marty to test the free agency waters...i cant see him signing with anyone now that Miller and Hiller are both going to be available.....the only team i see him going to is the Islanders
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: sweep the leg on May 19, 2014, 08:48:48 PM
There's a 0% chance the Leafs go after Miller. They've got Bernier & he was very good for most of last season. Goaltending is the least of their concerns.

I think Miller will end up in San Jose. I've read in a few places that they really want to move on from Niemi, & Miller really wants to be on the West coast b/c his wife is an actress. It seems like a natural fit.
I agree Miller Leafs seems right if they have the cay room.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: AngryGreg on May 19, 2014, 09:59:31 PM
bad year for Marty to test the free agency waters...i cant see him signing with anyone now that Miller and Hiller are both going to be available.....the only team i see him going to is the Islanders
ew might as well retire if he goes there!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

AngryGreg

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 19, 2014, 10:20:38 PM
ew might as well retire if he goes there!

its his only real chance to be a starter....close to home and with a team that has youth and potential to get into the play offs

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on May 19, 2014, 10:21:21 PM
its his only real chance to be a starter....close to home and with a team that has youth and potential to get into the play offs

Islanders will sign Halak.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

AngryGreg

blue_gold_84

Quote from: sweep the leg on May 19, 2014, 08:53:46 PM
Pittsburgh can't afford what Miller will be asking for. Even if they could, I wouldn't want them to do it.

Cap issues aside, goaltending is not the problem with the Penguins.

Quote from: AngryGreg on May 19, 2014, 10:56:50 PM
if Halak wants to sign there

This.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

not much will happen in pittsburgh...new gm...maybe a new coach....but the same group of players

Rhapsody in Blue

Quote from: AngryGreg on May 19, 2014, 03:57:24 PM
not entirely sure but possibly.....i think the oilers/flames/islanders might go after him with a large offer...but i highly doubt he wants to go to any of those places...i could see him going to the west coast for less money

Since Miller's wife is an actress based in California that is a very likely scenario.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 20, 2014, 12:58:19 AM
Cap issues aside, goaltending is not the problem with the Penguins.

If the Penguins had Miller years ago, they'd have more Cups to show for it. They need solid goaltending that can win them games. They continue to be successful despite Fleury, not because of.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on May 20, 2014, 01:42:55 AM
Since Miller's wife is an actress based in California that is a very likely scenario.

Maybe the Ducks...? Hiller's a UFA this off-season, right...?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 20, 2014, 02:03:26 AM
Maybe the Ducks...? Hiller's a UFA this off-season, right...?

yes..and Hiller sounds as tho he is very much done with the Ducks

sweep the leg

Quote from: AngryGreg on May 20, 2014, 01:38:56 AM
not much will happen in pittsburgh...new gm...maybe a new coach....but the same group of players
They'll have some reasonably important players leave. Orpik & Niskanen probably won't be back. Orpik's getting old & a little beaten up. He'll only be back if he takes a discount to stay. Niskanen had a career year as a pending UFA so he'll want too much money. I'd let him walk rather than paying him big money. Their D is probably going to be much younger next year. Dumoulin, Depres, Harrington, & possibly Pouliot could all be ready for the NHL next year.

I expect to see a lot more toughness in their bottom six forwards. There are rumours that they might look to trade Neal to help with their depth issues. I'm not sure what the rumours are worth though, as they don't have a GM right now.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on May 20, 2014, 02:02:17 AM
If the Penguins had Miller years ago, they'd have more Cups to show for it. They need solid goaltending that can win them games. They continue to be successful despite Fleury, not because of.

LOL :D

Thanks for the laughs. Spoken like someone who doesn't know hockey is a team game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Ziggy66

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 20, 2014, 04:24:00 PM
LOL :D

Thanks for the laughs. Spoken like someone who doesn't know hockey is a team game.

While I doubt that they would of won more cups. Their games would of been lower scoring. Fluery is a terrible post season goalie but a just above average regular season goalie. Not sure what his issue is.
Miller would improve the penguins, but realistically not by much. as Fluery had his best playoff performance this year since the 07-08 season and this season was his worst playoff perormance to date.
Miller has been better playoff performer with a horrible sabers franchise. .maybe he is just regressing due to age? But regardless Miller would have made the penguins a bit better in the past but that time has come and gone.