Argos at TiCats Labour Day Game Thread Mon 1:30PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bunker on September 02, 2024, 11:05:41 PMI'm actually surprised the no yards challenge by Hamilton was successful. It was no yards, but probably only by 1/2 a yard or so.

Great point!  The league basically never overturns an uncalled no-yards.  I posit you have to be within 3.5Y to get a no-yards overturned.  It will be even more hopeless now that they need "clear and obvious" in the real-time view.  I'd guess 90% of these uncalled NY challenges were upheld in the last 3 seasons.

However, I knew HAM would get this one because the returner was serendipitously exactly at a yard marker line!  And since the angle to the offending coverage player was close to being straight downfield, you had a precise and easy "clear and obvious" reference to proving he was within 5.  No guessing required.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on September 03, 2024, 12:52:25 AMFamous play where Mark Sanchez New York jetsqb ran into his own lineman,then fumbled, called "butt fumble"

This is awesome!  Thanks for sharing, and gobombersgo for the easy link so I don't have to dig around!

Haha, ya, the Kelly play wasn't that egregious or hilarious!
Never go full Rider!