Argos at TiCats Labour Day Game Thread Mon 1:30PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Tough to picture Hammy winning ever agin this year.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

TOR wasn't looking great, even with Kelly back.  Better than with Dukes or The Pirate, but still not great.  However, do they improve with Kelly getting more reps?  Or are they just stuck in mediocrity.  That is the big question.

If HAM is going to pull off wins, they should do it at home as that crowd is getting restless.  Have the players given up for the year?  Or will they find some heart?  C.Jones D was much improved from the old D...

I suppose TOR is motivated to get ahead of OTT for the better playoff spot, so there's that.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 29, 2024, 04:32:31 AMTOR wasn't looking great, even with Kelly back.  Better than with Dukes or The Pirate, but still not great.  However, do they improve with Kelly getting more reps?  Or are they just stuck in mediocrity.  That is the big question.

If HAM is going to pull off wins, they should do it at home as that crowd is getting restless.  Have the players given up for the year?  Or will they find some heart?  C.Jones D was much improved from the old D...

I suppose TOR is motivated to get ahead of OTT for the better playoff spot, so there's that.
Cats always get up for games against the Argos. They'll have their best game of the year. Remains to be seen whether it'll be good enough.
Go Bombers!

gobombersgo

Ticats re-insert OL Jordan Murray for Labour Day Classic
By 3Down Staff -September 1, 2024

The struggling Hamilton Tiger-Cats have made another flurry of roster moves ahead of their Labour Day Classic clash with the Toronto Argonauts, including re-inserting a head-scratching healthy scratch into the lineup.

Right tackle Jordan Murray will return to the starting position he was expected to cement himself into after returning from the NFL last season. The 27-year-old missed the start of this season with injury before returning for four starts, only to be benched the past few weeks in favour of rookie Quinton Barrow. With Barrow (knee) now ruled out, Murray will step back in to the lineup.

Also getting back into the rotation after being a healthy scratch is linebacker Carthell Flowers-Lloyd, the CFL's 2023 leader in special teams tackles. After recording a whopping 31 takedowns last year, he has dressed for just six games this season and three special teams tackles.

Other depth pieces returning to the lineup include Canadian receiver Tyler Ternowski, rookie linebacker Daniel Bell, and 2024 first-round offensive lineman Nathaniel Dumoulin-Duguay. Sitting down for the QEW rivalry are Canadian defensive back Robert Panabaker, offensive lineman Evan Johnson, and defensive lineman Benoit Marion, as well as American receiver Dezmon Patmon.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2-9) will host the Toronto Argonauts (6-4) for the Labour Day Classic on Monday, September 2 at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/01/ticats-re-insert-ol-jordan-murray-for-labour-day-classic/

gobombersgo

Argos' punter John Haggerty a game-time decision for Labour Day Classic

The Toronto Argonauts could be without punter John Haggerty's services for the second straight week as he continues to battle a back injury.

The 29-year-old Australian is listed as a game-time decision after he was unable to punt a week ago, leaving kicker Lirim Hajrullahu to unexpectedly handle both jobs. Haggerty was able to stay in uniform and handle holding duties for Toronto to meet the CFL's Global player requirement.

The Western Kentucky product is in his third season with Toronto and was named an East Division all-star as a rookie in 2022. He enters Week 13 second in the CFL for both gross (52.4) and net (39.8) punting average.

If Haggerty is unable to dress, the Argonauts will have to call up another Global player from the practice roster with German defensive lineman Thiadric Hansen still on the six-game injured list. Kicker Alfredo Gachuz Lozada of Mexico, punter Jeremy Edwards of Australia, and defensive lineman Baptiste Pollier of France are the three currently under contract.

Toronto has otherwise made no official changes to their lineup from Week 12. 11 players remain on the team's six-game injured list including Hansen and fellow defensive lineman Jared Brinkman and Jordan Williams, linebackers Wynton McManis and Daniel Kwamou, defensive backs Jonathan Edouard and Jamie Harry, receivers Dejon Brissett and Tommy Nield, and offensive linemen Darius Ciraco and Gregor MacKellar.

The Toronto Argonauts (6-4) will visit the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2-9) for the Labour Day Classic on Monday, September 2 at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/01/argos-punter-john-haggerty-a-game-time-decision-for-labour-day-classic/

Blue In BC

If the Ti Cats lose today they'll be looking at 2025. Changes and an airlift will begin. Might be a team that looks to start making trades and gaining some SMS room for free agency.

I wonder what it would take to get C. Sayles back? Money aside he may be looking to get out of Hamilton to a team more likely to win some games.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TheDeuce

Argos are only five point favourites.  I predict the Argos will win by two or three - touchdowns.

Easy money?

m.
I went to the vet with my goldfish.
"I think it's got epilepsy" I says.
The vet takes a look & says, "It seems calm enough to me."

Stupid vet - I hadn't taken it out of the bowl yet.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 02, 2024, 05:16:41 PMIf the Ti Cats lose today they'll be looking at 2025. Changes and an airlift will begin. Might be a team that looks to start making trades and gaining some SMS room for free agency.

I wonder what it would take to get C. Sayles back? Money aside he may be looking to get out of Hamilton to a team more likely to win some games.

Don't need him, don't want him, probably can't afford him.  Stick with the good young crop of DT's they have now, Adams, Woods, Fox, Schmeck and Samson, should be good for a number of years.

tlf

Can't decide who I want to lose more, C Kelly or Milanovich.  Probably Kelly... But Milanovich is a close second.

Who's going to be HAM main guy next year Powell or BLM?

dd

Quote from: tlf on September 02, 2024, 05:50:48 PMCan't decide who I want to lose more, C Kelly or Milanovich.  Probably Kelly... But Milanovich is a close second.

Who's going to be HAM main guy next year Powell or BLM?
If I am Hamilton , I go after VA in free agency and move on from blm

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on September 02, 2024, 06:06:49 PMIf I am Hamilton , I go after VA in free agency and move on from blm

VAJ isn't scheduled to be a free agent. They'd have to trade to get him. That might be a possibility but aside from draft choices what might they give up.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 02, 2024, 05:44:29 PMDon't need him, don't want him, probably can't afford him.  Stick with the good young crop of DT's they have now, Adams, Woods, Fox Schmeck and Samson, should be good for a number of years.

Probably too expensive over and above having to give ups something. He's a dominate DT so it's wrong to suggest we don't need him. Our interior DL is still not that good.

He has more DT's and sacks then Thomas and Woods combined in 1 game less. He's a flat out difference maker.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Well I'd be going after someone as staying with blm changes nothing for Hamilton, perennial cellar dwellers with him under centre