Argos at TiCats Labour Day Game Thread Mon 1:30PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

Dinwiddie was right there, and depending on the angle, it did look like pass interference. But Ford made a good point that if you ignore the receiver falling, and just focus on the DB, it does not look as bad. I think techno is correct that they will not overturn a ruling on the field unless it is black and white and obviously wrong. The slightest bit of grey, and they will let it stand. I'm actually surprised the no yards challenge by Hamilton was successful. It was no yards, but probably only by 1/2 a yard or so.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 02, 2024, 07:02:01 PMNope lol

I've just started watching today... but this game goes to show that betting on the CFL is a very difficult proposition.  Crazy Football League.

Just look at our best pickems players... even they might have trouble coming out ahead because of the way the odds are set.

If I took a little mini-poll on Friday asking if you'd take the over or under on WPG@SSK, I bet nearly everyone picks the under!  Meeeeeep -- wrong, it was the over!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 02, 2024, 07:11:06 PMBLM is having a fun day today.

He only does this in weeks when I don't pick him in fantasy!  Then the weeks I do pick him he gets 100Y and no TD.   :o  :o  >:(  >:(
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on September 02, 2024, 07:16:18 PMEverybody immediately reminded of the butt fumble.

Am I missing something?  Booth guys said "Mark Sanchez"-esque... I don't get the reference.  Is there a video I should see?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

HAM crowd really giving it to Kelly.  2nd Q some guy yelling over and over "Kelly, keep away from our cheerleaders".

;D  ;D  ;D

Boy, Kelly may be hearing this stuff in every city for the next 10 years.  I can't wait to see what our East-side rowdies can come up with!
Never go full Rider!

markf

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 03, 2024, 12:11:25 AMAm I missing something?  Booth guys said "Mark Sanchez"-esque... I don't get the reference.  Is there a video I should see?

Famous play where Mark Sanchez New York jetsqb ran into his own lineman,then fumbled, called "butt fumble"

J5V

Quote from: markf on September 03, 2024, 12:52:25 AMFamous play where Mark Sanchez New York jetsqb ran into his own lineman,then fumbled, called "butt fumble"
Thank you. Great piece of trivia there.
Go Bombers!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 02, 2024, 09:19:45 PMBo throws the nicest deep ball in the league when he is on

Problem is he's only on for every 5th game this season it would seem.  Still, better than last season!

HAM ate their wheaties today.  TOR ate a turd.

Goes to show you really can never tell what you'll get in a CFL game!  I knew HAM would up their game at home, but they've been hosed there many times this season, so I really thought they'd do it again today.

MTL is sitting back watching all of this and laughing, licking their chops, and planning their new ring.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 03, 2024, 02:08:57 AMMTL is sitting back watching all of this and laughing, licking their chops, and planning their new ring.
Much like we did until we learned a very valuable lesson.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: J5V on September 02, 2024, 09:19:38 PMWhat a great throw by BLM.

Shoulder surgery???  What shoulder surgery???  BLM can still throw, flick of the wrist and the ball sails 40 yds. Zach has to put his entire body into a throw to get it that far downfield!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 03, 2024, 02:55:10 AMShoulder surgery???  What shoulder surgery???  BLM can still throw, flick of the wrist and the ball sails 40 yds. Zach has to put his entire body into a throw to get it that far downfield!

I measured one of Zach's deep shots vs SSK and it was 50Y actually in the air (no YAC).  He's still got it.  However, that may be the most range he's got now... but it's good enough!  I think he shocked the DB who thought he could only throw 40 (as seemed his max for most of this season).
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 03, 2024, 07:23:26 AMI measured one of Zach's deep shots vs SSK and it was 50Y actually in the air (no YAC).  He's still got it.  However, that may be the most range he's got now... but it's good enough!  I think he shocked the DB who thought he could only throw 40 (as seemed his max for most of this season).

Not every successful CFL QB is going to have a Deiter Brock arm (see Ricky Ray). Zach's arm strength is fine.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 02, 2024, 10:05:19 PMAgree the Cats deserved to win. Kelly did well at times but he is not the saviour. Bell was terrific running the ball and the Argos had no answer for him. BLM still showed inconsistency but made some very good throws today and it was enough.

You know who was the worst FA signing recently?  Carey in TOR.  He's been nearly useless and a really bad fantasy pick.  I thought he was washed up 3 seasons ago, guess I was right.  Hope these teams that sign him are getting him dirt dirt cheap.  He hasn't been really good since CGY.
Never go full Rider!