Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC August 18, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2024, 05:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

This week the stars are aligning in favour of the Blue Bombers with both the Stamps and the Riders losing their games.  Will the Bombers take advantage of that is the big question of the week.

Sounds like Kenny Lawler and Celestin Haba will both return to the line up for Sunday's game with Lucky Whitehead taking over the kick return duties.  Hear Lucky's take on the changes here with Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer.

The Bombers should be healthier than they have been all season.  Nathan Rourke is coming in but will he be immediately effective and will the Bombers be able to contain him, pressure him and make him uncomfortable?

Depth Charts will be released tomorrow but it's game on now.  Arguably the key game of the season so far.

Let the discussion begin!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

The Zipp

Are you going to the game?  How about others on the board who live in Vancouver or are travelling?

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

J5V

Huge implications. Win and we're in third place, 2 points out of second, and 3 points out of first in the Western conference. Lose and we're 2 points out of third, 4 points and 5 points out, respectively.

It's a great opportunity to close the gap and exert some more pressure on the front runners.
Go Bombers!

The Zipp

Quote from: ModAdmin on August 17, 2024, 05:11:20 AMWe will be at the game. No bout adout it.

Enjoy. Hopefully we will see you on TV. I think the BC fans will be into the game.

ichabod_crane

FULL BLITZE package out of the gate and Rourke throws up a few picks. DO NOT SIT BACK guys!! Throw the hammer at him immediately to take him of his game if he is even in sync yet with his receivers and o-line. No time to be timid as this could be a deciding game later in the season for first place having both the season series with the Stamps and Lions. Give Rourke NO TIME to find a rhythm. LET THE LIZARD LOOSE! ;)

TecnoGenius

Do whatever we did in the last BC game.  It wasn't really traditional blitzes.  I don't even know what they were.  Just guys flying past OL from all over the place with no rhyme or reason.

More of that please!  One more time and I'll declare Younger a genius.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

This is a big game in the standings for the west.

I think our defence is up to the challenge. If the offence can stay on the field like last game, but find a way to score TD's instead of FG's, we'll win.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Lawler - in
Garbutt - in
Haba - in

Whitehead - in

This might be the healthiest we have been all year. 

Blue In BC

Wheatfall moved to PR as expected.

Looking at the roster and the PR, Grymes is no where to be found. Quietly released or transaction error?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 17, 2024, 04:34:23 PMWheatfall moved to PR as expected.

Looking at the roster and the PR, Grymes is no where to be found. Quietly released or transaction error?

Not sure but he was practicing Tuesday.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Stats Junkie

Referee is Ben Major
Replay official is Tom Vallesi

Quote from: The Zipp on August 17, 2024, 05:07:09 AMAre you going to the game?  How about others on the board who live in Vancouver or are travelling?
I will be at the game.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 17, 2024, 04:34:23 PMWheatfall moved to PR as expected.

Released.  Posted on the forum yesterday

pdirks67

I don't think anyone has posted the depth chart yet, so here we go.

You cannot view this attachment.

pdirks67