Blue Bombers Transactions - June 24, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 24, 2024, 02:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.O.A.B.

WR Murphy is now added to AR. Four Canadian receivers now in AR.
DB Karamoko is moved to PR. I'm guessing one of LB Ogbevoen and LB Weitz will come on.

Waffler

Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

Quote from: Waffler on June 24, 2024, 09:41:08 PMGet him here NOW! This guy has talent.

Why did the Lions cut him then?

Sucks to now lose Schoen to 6 game IR which could be even longer.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Wheatfall is gone to 6 game IR as well as Schoen. Geez, we can't catch a break.

Woods and Alexander not practising today. Nothing indicating they might not dress, but there could be more changes to the roster.

Interesting the transactions shows Karamoko moved to PR and Murphy added. We might see some version of Murphy and Clercius starting due to all the receiver injuries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

Murphy was taking the first team reps but it's only Monday, could change.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

BomberFan73

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 24, 2024, 06:40:36 PMHe's only played 8 games in the last 2 seasons for less than 200 yards in total. Depth maybe but he's not going to be a # 1 or # 2 receiver.

We don't need a #1 or #2
At some point Lawler & Schoen will be back. What we need is someone who knows the game and can be at least get open. 
We need Bailey 2.0.
Lets just hope someone takes this opportunity and doesn't let go.

dd

Remember Kenny Lawler was cut by the BC Lions.....and he turned out pretty good

BomberFan73

Quote from: dd on June 24, 2024, 10:23:58 PMRemember Kenny Lawler was cut by the BC Lions.....and he turned out pretty good

Exactly.  I don't know why some of us are worried about picking the scraps from other teams. 
We are that desperate right now!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Go_Big_D

this season is a wash...makes the past 2 cup runs and games all the more important as one never knows when and if a team can come back....should have been more serious in there game approach in the grey cup games

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 24, 2024, 04:01:54 PMNot much choice at this point.

Yes there is, vets -- couch sitters.

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 24, 2024, 10:19:59 PMWe don't need a #1 or #2
At some point Lawler & Schoen will be back. What we need is someone who knows the game and can be at least get open. 

We 100% need a #1 and #2.  It's likely 6-10 weeks before we get either of Schoen/Lawler back.  What do we do until then?  Continue major suckage?  If our O was weak with the top 2 paid stars, what are we going to be like without them?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on June 24, 2024, 05:40:16 PMSaw a post on FB stating someone had good intel that they had signed Brayden Lenius...

Not my first choice, but he fits the bill as a vet.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on June 24, 2024, 09:16:37 PMFor sure it is to replace Schoen. He's officailly on the 6 game.

Told ya guys.  It didn't look good at all.  What injuries require 2 guys to drag you off the field while you put no weight on a leg?  First to mind is achilles, but I don't think it's that.  If it is, we're completely fubar.

The huge question is: season-ender or not?  I fear we're going get nothing other than "lower body" injury for the next 6, then 10, then 13 weeks...  Has Mafia ever announced something was a season ender, or is it always "we're hopeful".
Never go full Rider!