Blue Bombers Transactions - June 24, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 24, 2024, 02:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 24, 2024, 09:28:50 PMfulgham

This guy might worth a look-see

But he's just a noob like all our noobs.  Not sure why we'd think their scouts are better than our scouts.  Maybe they are.

Fulgham was making some surprising plays for BC the last few weeks.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Go_Big_D on June 25, 2024, 02:18:55 AMthis season is a wash...makes the past 2 cup runs and games all the more important as one never knows when and if a team can come back....should have been more serious in there game approach in the grey cup games

100%.  That falls entirely on MOS and the coords and all the positional coaches.  But especially Buck and MOS.  They played it like any other game.  They didn't get creative and go the extra mile.  I thought we would have learned after 2022, but we didn't, and made all the same mistakes.
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 25, 2024, 02:44:50 AMBut he's just a noob like all our noobs.  Not sure why we'd think their scouts are better than our scouts.  Maybe they are.

I say Rigmaiden is better than our scouts combined.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 25, 2024, 03:18:32 AMI say Rigmaiden is better than our scouts combined.

Rigmaiden may have been the secret sauce.  Wasn't he still here when we found Schoen?  Since that year we have found zero players of high value (a la Schoen, Alford).

We have come to expect we scout a top 20 player every 2 years.  We were doing it with Rigmaiden.  It's been 2 years and we've gotten nothing.

If Fulgham is a Rigmaiden find, then maybe he is worth peeking at.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Just rewatching the game, and Fulgham coughed it up bad...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 25, 2024, 02:40:19 AMYes there is, vets -- couch sitters.

We 100% need a #1 and #2.  It's likely 6-10 weeks before we get either of Schoen/Lawler back.  What do we do until then?  Continue major suckage?  If our O was weak with the top 2 paid stars, what are we going to be like without them?

It's going to be tough sledding, unlike V.A., Trevor Harris or Matt Nichols, Zach does not  make a habit of spreading the ball around alot, he picks his favourites and throws to them repeatedly.  Agudosi and BOLO were both ignored for the most part and some of the rookie receivers this year have been getting the same treatment.  Now Zach has no choice, every pass can't go to Demski or Woli.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 25, 2024, 04:24:20 AMIt's going to be tough sledding, unlike V.A., Trevor Harris or Matt Nichols, Zach does not  make a habit of spreading the ball around alot, he picks his favourites and throws to them repeatedly.  Agudosi and BOLO were both ignored for the most part and some of the rookie receivers this year have been getting the same treatment.  Now Zach has no choice, every pass can't go to Demski or Woli.

Not true.  In '19, '21 he was certainly spreading the ball to everyone, and that was a core strength of ours: our NATs were legit rather than decoys, and every IMP could contribute.

However, in '23 and maybe starting in '22, Buck & Zach did start focusing more on the hot hand Rs... it was a regression of sorts.  The best teams spread it out, we're not a "best team" right now.

Keep in mind this is probably as much Buck as Zach.  If the "lesser" Rs are running clearing and decoy routes because of Buck, then Zach can't throw their way.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 25, 2024, 02:44:50 AMBut he's just a noob like all our noobs.  Not sure why we'd think their scouts are better than our scouts.  Maybe they are.

Fulgham has more than just NFL PR experience as most do. He's a former starter with a 10 catch 152 yard game on his resume.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeN_3V8zIfc
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on June 25, 2024, 02:04:10 PMFulgham has more than just NFL PR experience as most do. He's a former starter with a 10 catch 152 yard game on his resume.

Ya, but noob in CFL, and that's really what matters.  We've seen so many times that some NFL time often doesn't equate to bupkis when they come up here.  I'd say as many raw out-of-U IMPs and never-went-to-U IMPs make it in the CFL as had-NFL-reps IMPs.

I guess it's gravy and means something, I just don't think it's that much.  Look at Schoen and Kenny: zero live NFL snaps.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Hey with where we re st with injuries this guy would be a welcomed addition. Who are we kidding here?.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on June 26, 2024, 03:37:37 AMHey with where we re st with injuries this guy would be a welcomed addition. Who are we kidding here?.

Sure.  But my point for 2 weeks now is we need CFL vets, not more 0-to-20-CFL-snaps rookies.  We can't field 3 rookies + Demski + Woli and expect to win squat.  Changing 1 or 2 of the 3 rookies into CFL vets would make all the difference.

But yes, if we're stuck with 0-snap rookies, might as well take Fulgham, how can it be any worse??  (And the reason they let Fulgham go is that Berryhill guy was making vet-level plays and clutch receptions vs us, he actually sealed the game away at the end.  Boy, would have been nice if we had scouted him.)
Never go full Rider!