Blue Bombers Transactions - June 24, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 24, 2024, 02:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers Transactions - June 24, 2024

WINNIPEG, MB., June 24, 2024 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to practice roster:

American receiver Ravi Alston (6-3, 210, Montana State)
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

That suggests at least 1 of Wheatfall or Schoen is headed to 1 game IR or worse. We might see additional players brought in as a couple of possible injuries from the last game are evaluated.

IIRC, the team was high on Alston but he might have been nicked during TC? He was with the team late in 2023.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 24, 2024, 02:56:18 PMBlue Bombers Transactions - June 24, 2024

WINNIPEG, MB., June 24, 2024 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to practice roster:

American receiver Ravi Alston (6-3, 210, Montana State)

Wow, they're down to regurgitating their first cuts, not inspiring.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 24, 2024, 03:54:46 PMWow, they're down to regurgitating their first cuts, not inspiring.

Not much choice at this point.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 24, 2024, 03:54:46 PMWow, they're down to regurgitating their first cuts, not inspiring.

How about we judge the player in practice and or game action 1st.  Big opportunity here.  Maybe he will shine.

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 24, 2024, 02:59:05 PMThat suggests at least 1 of Wheatfall or Schoen is headed to 1 game IR or worse. We might see additional players brought in as a couple of possible injuries from the last game are evaluated.

IIRC, the team was high on Alston but he might have been nicked during TC? He was with the team late in 2023.

Thanks for the info.  Good to know he was around last year.  Gives me hope!

theaardvark

Rather they regurgitate other teams first cuts?

We had 4 returning starting WR.  Which meant one starting opening on the AR, maybe one backup and 2 on the PR.  20+ candidates competing for 4 spots.  "Regurgitating" our cuts alone leaves lots of candidates.

Depending on the injury status of Schoen and Wheatfall, there may be potential for picking up a more veteran player, maybe with higher expectations than a TC spot for a 1 in 6 chance at making a PR.  I don't doubt that there are players with NFL dreams that skipped the CFL training camp with hopes they'd land and impress at NFL tryouts.  Some of those (most, probably) did not get the offers they were hoping for.  All we need is one of them to look north and see the opportunity presented here.

I know the UFL / NFL have a co-operation agreement, but just wondering if there is a restriction on UFL players signing in the CFL, or if the contracts are even in force after their championship.  There were a lot of decent UFL receivers that won't get an NFL sniff that could do well up here.  I wonder if our scouts as our players if they know anyone.  Like the Nichols / Bonds situation.

I don't see Agudosi on any roster, maybe he's healed up?  Or are we gunshy over easily injured players at the moment?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Sir Blue and Gold

My guess is they will play Josh Johnson in Schoen's spot and Ravi Alston will play in the Lawler/Wheatfall wide out spot.

theaardvark

Saw a post on FB stating someone had good intel that they had signed Brayden Lenius... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Alston is a big receiver that should know our offence as he spent some time here last fall.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on June 24, 2024, 05:40:16 PMSaw a post on FB stating someone had good intel that they had signed Brayden Lenius... 

He's only played 8 games in the last 2 seasons for less than 200 yards in total. Depth maybe but he's not going to be a # 1 or # 2 receiver.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Ridermania

Quote from: theaardvark on June 24, 2024, 05:40:16 PMSaw a post on FB stating someone had good intel that they had signed Brayden Lenius... 

He is still injured, that was the reason Riders released him.

Pigskin

Heading to practice tomorrow. Should be interesting to see who is on the field.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on June 24, 2024, 04:45:31 PMRather they regurgitate other teams first cuts?

We had 4 returning starting WR.  Which meant one starting opening on the AR, maybe one backup and 2 on the PR.  20+ candidates competing for 4 spots.  "Regurgitating" our cuts alone leaves lots of candidates.

Depending on the injury status of Schoen and Wheatfall, there may be potential for picking up a more veteran player, maybe with higher expectations than a TC spot for a 1 in 6 chance at making a PR.  I don't doubt that there are players with NFL dreams that skipped the CFL training camp with hopes they'd land and impress at NFL tryouts.  Some of those (most, probably) did not get the offers they were hoping for.  All we need is one of them to look north and see the opportunity presented here.

I know the UFL / NFL have a co-operation agreement, but just wondering if there is a restriction on UFL players signing in the CFL, or if the contracts are even in force after their championship.  There were a lot of decent UFL receivers that won't get an NFL sniff that could do well up here.  I wonder if our scouts as our players if they know anyone.  Like the Nichols / Bonds situation.

I don't see Agudosi on any roster, maybe he's healed up?  Or are we gunshy over easily injured players at the moment?

I'd be all over Agudosi, having Schoen and Lawler both out would be his dream come true.  Don't know if there was bad blood when he left town, but he's the preferable candidate for at least one spot right now.

Waffler

For sure it is to replace Schoen. He's officailly on the 6 game.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers