Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 21, 2022, 01:12:55 PM
Leon Draisaitl is a jerk.

Yes, Thinking of LD, I think that should have been a 5 minute spearing penalty, not a 2 minute slash.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on February 20, 2022, 07:27:12 PM
No doubt the lack of any goals during the 1st period 5 on 3 advantage, held by the Jets, played a major role in the loss.
Very happy to see Lowry score ........ he's now on pace for a 7 goal season, yuk.

This upcoming 5 game road trip has the a "make or break" scenario. The Jets must salvage more wins/points in the results than opponents.
Scheif needs to turn his ugly -14 around, Harkins, Vesalainen & Reichel need to score.   Copp would be a welcomed contributor for this trip

Anyone else surprised by the fact Pionk did not appear on the 2nd PP group in the dying minutes

Agree, we either play very well on this road trip or we will sellers in when we get back.

Pigskin

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

Lowry shows short patience many times ?? hope Brook excels immediately
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on February 21, 2022, 07:59:11 PM
to start, lol

I was surprised he stayed with them till late in the 3rd. period.

Pigskin

Tough game to lose. 12/17/87 had a very good game. 4th. line is playing well.

Jockitch

Connor handles the puck better, 99 of 100 times, & we're out of our end ........  the turnover happens & voila, the worst result

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Clearing our own zone has been a problem all year. Another small mistake, another L.

Pigskin

Oilers, Niemelainen fined $2043.75 for his cross check on KV93.

I am wondering what Calgary's goal will get for the slash to AL17 back?

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on February 22, 2022, 04:02:54 AM
Oilers, Niemelainen fined $2043.75 for his cross check on KV93.

I am wondering what Calgary's goal will get for the slash to AL17 back?

Considering AL17 did not even seem to notice it, nada...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Looking like we're picking up a boatload of draft picks soon...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on February 22, 2022, 04:45:56 PM
Considering AL17 did not even seem to notice it, nada...

I guess you didn't see AL17 go back after the next whistle and have a few words with him. I will go with $5K.

Jockitch

During last nights game or during pregame CJOB show a couple facts revealed ;

The Jets have just a meagre 2 players who have played in all their games ....... while the Flames have 12 players with perfect attendance.   
WOW !!        However,  I believe was in part to the fact the Flames had numerous games cancelled till team was clear of Covid protocol
........ Team dressed goalies not counted

The Jets have the least goals scored by all their total Dmen used in the NHL.   This stat I checked & sadly yes, the Jets have used 11 dmen with only 13 goals produced ........ there is no doubt that our team lacks a Point Shot Threat
Canucks, the Sens, Islanders, Kings & Wings have dmen totals of only 14 goals total 
after that it goes from 15 for the Stars to a whopping 44 goals by the Avalanche 11 Dmen   

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

Adam Brooks debut was not an ice shaker ........ was replaced in third period by Svechnikov on line with Dubois & Connors
...... guessing legs were not happening for him late in game ...... but coach Lowry played him for 14:12 of the game & he recorded 1 shot 

HUSTLE & MUSCLE