Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 04, 2022, 06:54:41 PM
What did I just walk into? Are we talking about trading Scheifele and that Copp is better because of +/-?

My head hurts.

Tell us about it.

What does everyone figure AC9 is worth for his next contract.  For me it's 4-4.5M max.

What does everyone think PL80 worth. PL80 on a 2 year bridge deal until we get rid of BW26 contract. 6.5-7M.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

What did I just walk into? Are we talking about trading Scheifele and that Copp is better because of +/-?

My head hurts.

Would you like me to grab you an Advil, too?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

My head hurts.

Again, not saying Copp is better.  Just a better fit.  MS55 is not our #1 C anymore, and if we want to keep PD80, and AC9, how do we keep MS55 too? 

And the +/- reference is addressing MS55's current play.  He may be putting up points, but opponents are putting up more when he is on the ice. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

+/- is arguably the most useless, outdated statistic in hockey. It's almost as if there are other players on the ice for GF and GA.

+/- is better geared to lines/pairings and how good overall an entire team is. That's about it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on February 04, 2022, 08:27:25 PM
Do you have one for me also.

I most certainly do. Wash it down with some hot chocolate. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Agree Pigskin bout Copp?s max cap hit but I just sense he values his self as a #2 centre.
As such, if team finishes year together, than I would hazard to guess, Copp would see no room here
as a #2 (certainly not #1) & take his act elsewhere for $5.M
PLD will hopefully rally & become a point a game player by end of regular season.
However, should he come in a range of say 65-70 points, Chevy would be lucky to get him to
bridge at no more then $6.5M ?? otherwise this man will be looking for $8.M  ?.. humble guess

It would be overthetop luck if Wheelers contract ever got picked up by another team.
He is needed by our team but this condensed upcoming schedule will certainly test his & PS25 legs
Chevy needs a younger rt. shot forward, like Boeser, down the stretch
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on February 04, 2022, 07:05:04 PM
Tell us about it.

What does everyone figure AC9 is worth for his next contract.  For me it's 4-4.5M max.

What does everyone think PL80 worth. PL80 on a 2 year bridge deal until we get rid of BW26 contract. 6.5-7M.

I'm out on AC9 - we can't afford him and we've skunked this year up. We should trade him at the deadline and get something back.

I love your PLD80 number and hope all parties agree to that. Because he could certainly demand more, but maybe the bridge is a good way around that because he's still growing as a player.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on February 05, 2022, 01:46:03 PM
I'm out on AC9 - we can't afford him and we've skunked this year up. We should trade him at the deadline and get something back.

I love your PLD80 number and hope all parties agree to that. Because he could certainly demand more, but maybe the bridge is a good way around that because he's still growing as a player.

Not getting anything worthwhile for AC9 at the deadline, maybe a 3rd rounder or a prospect.  Worth much more to retain negotiating rights up until FA day.

PL80 at less than $7mil will be a steal, on any term.  I would happily give him the same contract BW26 is playing on right now... with the "C" to go with it.  5 years, $8.25mil would be awesome.  Reference Laine at $7.5mil / 1 year...

Flip 26 and 85, frees up 14.375mil in cap space.  Sign PD80 and AC9 to long term deals to solidify down the C, and find a 2nd line RW in FA that wants to play with AC9 and NE27 for the PS25 money...

New team dynamic going forward....

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on February 05, 2022, 01:46:03 PM

Hard to get much of value for a pending UFA at the TDL, though.

My guess? Copp signs a multi-year deal with the Red Wings in the off-season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 05, 2022, 05:30:47 PM
Hard to get much of value for a pending UFA at the TDL, though.

My guess? Copp signs a multi-year deal with the Red Wings in the off-season.

Agree, AC9 and PS25 will be the first to go once the Jets realize there not making the playoffs.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on February 05, 2022, 04:33:36 PM
Not getting anything worthwhile for AC9 at the deadline, maybe a 3rd rounder or a prospect.  Worth much more to retain negotiating rights up until FA day.

PL80 at less than $7mil will be a steal, on any term.  I would happily give him the same contract BW26 is playing on right now... with the "C" to go with it.  5 years, $8.25mil would be awesome.  Reference Laine at $7.5mil / 1 year...

Flip 26 and 85, frees up 14.375mil in cap space.  Sign PD80 and AC9 to long term deals to solidify down the C, and find a 2nd line RW in FA that wants to play with AC9 and NE27 for the PS25 money...

New team dynamic going forward....

We don?t need to keep negotiating with a player that we can?t afford to keep.

It would have been worth it to keep him if we were having the successful season we all expected, but it hasn?t gone that way. So you trade him to get some value.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Even if the Jets were competing for a playoff spot, I wouldn't see Copp staying here unless the Jets really overpaid, both in money and term.

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2022, 05:44:28 PM
Agree, AC9 and PS25 will be the first to go once the Jets realize there not making the playoffs.

Stastny doesn't get you much at the TDL with no term left on his deal, either. He'd be a solid vet rental for a playoff team, which means a meh draft pick at best.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on February 05, 2022, 05:56:54 PM
We don?t need to keep negotiating with a player that we can?t afford to keep.

It would have been worth it to keep him if we were having the successful season we all expected, but it hasn?t gone that way. So you trade him to get some value.

Can't afford to keep him with 55 and 26 salaries on the books... be hard pressed to keep 80 past RFA as well...

Trading UFA's for rental is going to net late draft picks... at best.  Retaining any of our UFA's is impossible with the present roster.  PS25 will be gone, one way or the other after this season, might be a good guy to keep for mentoring purposes if all you get for him is a conditional 4th rounder...

Going forward, 26 and to a lesser degree 55 are going to age out of the lineup before we get truly competitive again.  But, at this trade deadline, they have maximum value, for teams looking for help now, with some value for the next few years.    

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 05, 2022, 06:04:17 PM
Even if the Jets were competing for a playoff spot, I wouldn't see Copp staying here unless the Jets really overpaid, both in money and term.

Stastny doesn't get you much at the TDL with no term left on his deal, either. He'd be a solid vet rental for a playoff team, which means a meh draft pick at best.

I would think AC9 would stay with a decent offer and a shot at #2 C...

Pigskin

Copp is one year younger then MS55. So the aging out when it comes to MS55 is another head shaker.