Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCn19

Quote from: BlueInCgy on January 09, 2018, 09:39:50 PM
Currently watching Riverdale.  Wasn't sold on it in the first episode, but once you get past that one, it grows on you pretty quick.  It's interesting how much liberty they take with the characters (it's only true link to the comic book is the fact the characters exist, IIRC Miss Grundy was originally a cranky old septuagenarian, not an early 20s hottie who sleeps with her students, but I can accept that departure). 

A guilty pleasure of mine as well.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

blue_or_die

Quote from: GCn17 on May 17, 2018, 07:08:00 PM
A guilty pleasure of mine as well.

I watched the first season just because I liked the Archie comics when I was a kid. When the astounding corniness kicked in and I was laughing at every event that happened, I couldn't handle it anymore.

Wife still likes it and was watching the season finale the other day.

Pappa Poutine!! lmao!
#Ride?

The Zipp

The Americans is officially done ...what a series and the garage scene from the finale was one of the best ever...

Jockitch

not TV but maybe previously mentioned .......... Netflix, TRUE crime documentary called "Evil Genius" ............ Superb
It really was a 4 episode captivating binge watch .......... terrific footage, interviews & soooooooo many twists & weird turns.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

The Zipp

Quote from: Jockitch on June 24, 2018, 05:50:14 PM
not TV but maybe previously mentioned .......... Netflix, TRUE crime documentary called "Evil Genius" ............ Superb
It really was a 4 episode captivating binge watch .......... terrific footage, interviews & soooooooo many twists & weird turns.

Loved it!!

theaardvark

Liking the BBC sreies that are filtering over... Humans, CB Strike (by Harry Potter author JK Rowlings)... and some of the Canadian SciFi...  The Expanse, Killjoys...  and the comic book adaptations...  AMC's "Into the Badlands"  and Showcase's "Preacher".
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gobombersgo

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 01, 2015, 10:31:00 PM
Season 1 of Better Call Saul was amazing as well. Season 2 should be as good if not better than Fargo.
Season 4 starts on Monday and it's been announced that there will be a 5th season which may be the last one.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 04, 2018, 09:12:22 PM
Season 4 starts on Monday and it's been announced that there will be a 5th season which may be the last one.
best show since breaking bad by far.... it?s back we are pumped. Looks like they are stepping up the intensity as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Great first episode last night. So glad BCS is back!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 07, 2018, 02:06:34 PM
Great first episode last night. So glad BCS is back!

Started a bit slow with the looking around with no talking BUT the parts with Mike and Nacho were awesome. You knew there would be slow parts with Chucks death. Poor poor Hamlin I feel the for the guy. He has a good heart but Chuck messed up Jimmys view of Howard. Chuck had to go when he did. Well timed by the writers. This season is gonna be rivalling the best Breaking Bad seasons I think.

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 08, 2018, 12:41:24 AM
Started a bit slow with the looking around with no talking BUT the parts with Mike and Nacho were awesome. You knew there would be slow parts with Chucks death. Poor poor Hamlin I feel the for the guy. He has a good heart but Chuck messed up Jimmys view of Howard. Chuck had to go when he did. Well timed by the writers. This season is gonna be rivalling the best Breaking Bad seasons I think.

Just finished it ...the post breaking bad scenes are awesome ...WHO WAS THE TAXI DRIVER??!!

We gotta see Hank this season sometime !

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 08, 2018, 04:30:17 AM
Just finished it ...the post breaking bad scenes are awesome ...WHO WAS THE TAXI DRIVER??!!

We gotta see Hank this season sometime !
the cab scene was intense. Poor Jimmy!

A Hank scene or 2 would be awesome.

I think the cab driver is no one but Jimmy walks into something later on in that post scene.

BomberPride

Wynonna Earp - unapologetically cheesy at times, but that's what makes this how so fun. Season 1 is on Netflix with season 2 popping up at some point. Season 3 just started on Space. If you're a fan of Supernatural and/or Buffy then this show will appeal to you.

Dare Devil season 3 is going to happening sooner rather than later. I can't get into Luke Cage. Jessica Jones has it's moments but The Punisher was amazing.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

theaardvark

Get Shorty is kinda odd... Killing Eve is interesting... Sharp Objects looks like it might be promising...

Might need some antidepressants soon...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

This season of Big Brother is one of the better ones...some may not care for it but if you gave it a chance it has turned out to be really fun...trashy but entertaining!