Today's signings and release

Started by VictorRomano, September 16, 2024, 10:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Josh Johnson, just wasn't good enough. 10 Games, 18/138 7.67 avg.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Well those screaming for Johnson's head will be happy. I thought he'd be relegated to the PR, for the pitance it would have cost us, not sure why he wasn't put on the PR, especially at this time of the year, a couple of injuries and we're scrambling again...

The Zipp

Well he can't say he never got a chance...

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2024-09-16    WPG    WOLITARSKY, Drew    WR    N    Minnesota    TRF TO SIX GAME INJURY    Six Game Injury
2024-09-16    WPG    JOHNSON, Josh    WR    A    Tulsa    DEL    Free Agent
2024-09-16    WPG    DOLEGALA, Jake    QB    A    Central Connecticut State    ADD    Practice Roster
2024-09-16    WPG    Chris-Ike, Michael    RB    N    Delaware State    ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER    Game Roster
2024-09-16    WPG    Wright, Brandon    DL    A    Michigan State    ADD    Practice Roster
2024-09-16    WPG    HART, Penny    WR    A    Georgia State    ADD    Practice Roster
2024-09-16    WPG    SCOTT, Bryan    QB    A    Occidental College    ADD    Practice Roster
2024-09-16    WPG    WHEATFALL, Keric    WR    A    Fresno State    ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER    Game Roster
2024-09-16    WPG    Dandy, Russell    DB    A    Eastern Illinois    ADD    Practice Roster
2024-09-16    WPG    GRAINGER, Darren    QB    A    Georgia State    ADD    Practice Roster

Pigskin

Quote from: dd on September 16, 2024, 10:53:13 PMWell those screaming for Johnson's head will be happy. I thought he'd be relegated to the PR, for the pitance it would have cost us, not sure why he wasn't put on the PR, especially at this time of the year, a couple of injuries and we're scrambling again...

He could have refused to go on the PR.

Pigskin

Woli back on the 6 game. That will hurt.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on September 16, 2024, 11:21:46 PMWoli back on the 6 game. That will hurt.

Kind of figured after the way he left last game.

Sometimes I wonder if we're letting player back on the field way too early. This has been a fairly common theme.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Yikes. Woli back to 6 game IR. Chris-Ike and Wheatfall added to the AR. A 3rd QB added to PR. I guess the short stint on the PR for those 2 was to give them a chance to get healthy and up to game speed.

Tomorrow's daily IR report will be interesting as usual. We're expecting Bryant to back to be practising. So there will be some additional changes to the AR on game day.  Will Randolph continue to start and if so, does he bump a Canadian to a back up role? Or does he become the 6th OL? Either way that should move Vanterpool back to the PR I guess.

Never a dull day.  Didn't expect Johnson to be released outright but he may have declined a spot on the PR.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Big Daddy

So three qb's on the PR?  Is there some advantage to putting all three additions on to the PR knowing one will be on active soon?  Make room for someone else while making other decisions?

Pete

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 17, 2024, 12:46:21 AMAll have college experience only

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Hart

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Grainger

https://eiupanthers.com/sports/football/roster/russell-dandy/8668

https://msuspartans.com/sports/football/roster/brandon--wright/13068

Hart has had some Nfl experience, played a couple of games with Seattle and on their practice roster, has had some injury issues - his smaller size doesn't help but he has skills and is fast

LXTSN

Quote from: Big Daddy on September 17, 2024, 12:53:08 AMSo three qb's on the PR?  Is there some advantage to putting all three additions on to the PR knowing one will be on active soon?  Make room for someone else while making other decisions?
My guess is that we have 3 guys to evaluate now. Winner gets the AR spot for the season, second gets a PR spot and third gets the boot.
I think Scott has the most potential, but Dolegala will probably get the AR spot due to his experience in the CFL.

towelie

Really happy to see Wheatfall back on the active roster. Thought he looked dangerous when he started before he got hurt, and was targeted a decent amount. Think he will be another solid weapon for Collaros. Lots of speed and and athleticism in that group now.

TecnoGenius

Johnson, LOL.  So many of us were like: "where's the production?".  MOS really talked him up, now boom, bye bye!

His best catch was last game the refs lied and called the rail tip-toe a non-catch.  Other than that, he was basically our sole attempt to have a hitch screen game, which never worked out.

And whoever said he got his chances... he sure did!  We stuck started him a ton of games for his status & production.  And we tried those hitches like 2-4 times a game.  I think once we got decent yardage.  I'm not sure why MTL can run hitch screens with impunity and get 10Y every time, and we struggle to have any hitch game at all.

Wheatfall back was the tipping point.  However, now we have 3 Kenny-types on AR (probably): Kenny, Pokey, Wheatfall (can we just call him Wheatie?... makes a nice-sounding triplet).
Never go full Rider!