Banjo Bowl ( early talk )

Started by Blue In BC, September 02, 2024, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on September 03, 2024, 01:19:16 AMAs well, the Toronto vs Ottawa game starts at noon Wpg time on TSN so it will over lap the Bomber game.

Argh.  I really hate overlapped schedules.  Complicates the PVR setups, and means I miss some on the far superior comp PVR.

And no pre-game for BB is really dumb marketing.  That would probably be one of the most-watched pre-game shows of the reg season.
Never go full Rider!

jdrattops

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 03, 2024, 12:24:48 AMRiderfans said Godber (C) returned later in the game.  His problem didn't look too bad.  I haven't confirmed yet.

Fry is probably out 4-8 weeks IMHO.

I feel SSK's pain re OL injuries.  Both of our teams have had horrible luck this season.  However, it may be worse for SSK because they spent a lot more money in FA on OL trying to get better, only to see it evaporate.

Godber never returned.  Shown on TV several times with the shoulder pads off.

jayrock

I can not believe they are trying to wedge 3 games in on a Saturday. Especially one while I am going to be tailgating.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

Blue In BC

Quote from: jdrattops on September 03, 2024, 01:33:41 PMGodber never returned.  Shown on TV several times with the shoulder pads off.

I wouldn't expect Godber to be able to play this week. Fry is definitely out based on his arm in a sling.

It's unfortunate when any player gets injured. We probably lost Bighill for this game or longer. Overall we gain the advantage with the Riders losing 2 OL.

As mentioned we know this is a 4 point game at home and we should be armed and ready to go to war.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

I am hoping we make some adjustments to our defense for this game
- key to limiting Harris is pressure and making him uncomfortable 3 man pressure plays into his comfort zone. Adding Adams would help ( recievers had time to do double moves to get open too.
 - safety was an issue, each time Hallet was in they went deep and with little dline pressure Harris exploited this
  Disguising any blitzes is key as Harris has such a quick release and recognition that its tough to do regularly, need 4 man pressure to get to him

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 03, 2024, 02:55:22 PMI wouldn't expect Godber to be able to play this week. Fry is definitely out based on his arm in a sling.

It's unfortunate when any player gets injured. We probably lost Bighill for this game or longer. Overall we gain the advantage with the Riders losing 2 OL.

As mentioned we know this is a 4 point game at home and we should be armed and ready to go to war.

The Riders PR is pretty shaky for OL... If they are down 2 OL from the 6 they dress, one of these has to start, and at least one has to back up...  Willie and Haba gonna feast on the stunts.  Harris will be under seige, will be interesting to see how many clean hits he can take.

3 Man pressure may be all we need...

65    Johnson, Daniel  N    6'5    307    25    Purdue
62    Jones, Nick      A    6'3    300    23    Mississippi State
59    Noll, Braydon      N    6'6    297    26      Wilfrid Laurier University
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

I think we all agree that if Bighill is out this week then Adams comes back on the roster. There are some variations already on the AR to replace Bighill in different defensive formations. However it is most likely Gauthier getting the bulk of the reps at MLB.

I haven't seen what Weitz is doing but I could potentially see a swap to bring back Karamoko as the 2nd global.

It's a short practice week so we won't see much change that isn't really necessary.

That said, I continue to wonder why we aren't throwing to Johnson. 2 attempts and 2 receptions in the last 3 games for 21 yards. Neither Johnson or Whitehead had any looks on the weekend.

Whitehead is not the Whitehead of the past but he's pretty reliable. Is he really a better option than Case or Smith as a returner?

If they don't plan to use Whitehead as a receiver, then that's where the question lies. I'd also throw in whether Wheatfall is a better option than Johnson?

Due to injuries on our OL, Johnson's primary role may be blocking. Woli is back and both he and Clercius block well so is he still the best option?

I like the idea of somebody like Wheatfall as a speed / deep ball choice. Johnson is only getting very short passes with little YAC. That brings up the LB's closer to LOS which is not a good thing.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 03, 2024, 05:21:29 PMI think we all agree that if Bighill is out this week then Adams comes back on the roster. There are some variations already on the AR to replace Bighill in different defensive formations. However it is most likely Gauthier getting the bulk of the reps at MLB.

I haven't seen what Weitz is doing but I could potentially see a swap to bring back Karamoko as the 2nd global.

It's a short practice week so we won't see much change that isn't really necessary.

That said, I continue to wonder why we aren't throwing to Johnson. 2 attempts and 2 receptions in the last 3 games for 21 yards. Neither Johnson or Whitehead had any looks on the weekend.

Whitehead is not the Whitehead of the past but he's pretty reliable. Is he really a better option than Case or Smith as a returner?

If they don't plan to use Whitehead as a receiver, then that's where the question lies. I'd also throw in whether Wheatfall is a better option than Johnson?

Due to injuries on our OL, Johnson's primary role may be blocking. Woli is back and both he and Clercius block well so is he still the best option?

I like the idea of somebody like Wheatfall as a speed / deep ball choice. Johnson is only getting very short passes with little YAC. That brings up the LB's closer to LOS which is not a good thing.

Wilson and Demski are the best deep ball threats, if Zach could hit them in stride instead of holding them up with his passes they'd be deadly.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: jayrock on September 03, 2024, 01:36:52 PMI can not believe they are trying to wedge 3 games in on a Saturday. Especially one while I am going to be tailgating.

Not only wedge three games, but wedge ALL of them into the daytime window.

Pigskin

Looks like the boys will back on the field tomorrow. We will get an update on our injuries.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

Quote from: theaardvark on September 03, 2024, 03:10:37 PMThe Riders PR is pretty shaky for OL... If they are down 2 OL from the 6 they dress, one of these has to start, and at least one has to back up...  Willie and Haba gonna feast on the stunts.  Harris will be under seige, will be interesting to see how many clean hits he can take.

3 Man pressure may be all we need...

65    Johnson, Daniel  N    6'5    307    25    Purdue
62    Jones, Nick      A    6'3    300    23    Mississippi State
59    Noll, Braydon      N    6'6    297    26      Wilfrid Laurier University

They had a D lineman playing o line and we hardly feasted. We didn't even snack..barely but a wafer was eaten.  Our own D line is kinda meh.

3rdand1.5

Please NOT Suitor......Heck I'd take Kate and a broken watermelon to call the game over Suitor.....

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on September 03, 2024, 05:55:18 PMThey had a D lineman playing o line and we hardly feasted. We didn't even snack..barely but a wafer was eaten.  Our own D line is kinda meh.

Not the same since losing Jeffcoat. I have high hopes for Garbutt, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Stretch

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on September 03, 2024, 06:51:26 PMPlease NOT Suitor......Heck I'd take Kate and a broken watermelon to call the game over Suitor.....

Suitor NOT calling a Rider game? Dream on.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Pigskin

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on September 03, 2024, 06:51:26 PMPlease NOT Suitor......Heck I'd take Kate and a broken watermelon to call the game over Suitor.....

Yes Suitor is terrible. But, lucky it's in Winnipeg and everyone attending the game won't have to silence to him. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.