Banjo Bowl ( early talk )

Started by Blue In BC, September 02, 2024, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Hopefully Collaros is fine and will play. Ditto for Bryant after having the LD game off.

Bighill is doubtful IMO even if the injury is not serious.

Riders appear to have lost 2 OL. I think it was fry that had his arm in a sling at the end of the game.

Godber hurt an ankle which usually means at least some time off. Not sure what their options are for this week.

Either team have additional injuries?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Hard to say for sure. Obviously some big injuries on both sides. Don't expect either coache to say much before Friday's depth charts come out. Another huge game on Saturday. 

J5V

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 02, 2024, 04:22:52 PMHard to say for sure. Obviously some big injuries on both sides. Don't expect either coache to say much before Friday's depth charts come out. Another huge game on Saturday. 
Sure is. Riders have dropped from first to third in the West, one point back of us and BC. Lots to be determined yet. BC has Montreal next week and I don't see BC winning that one. We have the Banjo Bowl. Huge opportunity to potentially open a 3 point spread and put some distance between us and the Riders and Lions.
Go Bombers!

tlf

I hope Collaros is back because Strev is NOT the answer at QB.  If he's not would like to see Wilson get some reps. He throws a nice ball. I know y'all like Strev but he does not.  Admit it please.

I hope SB is back.  We need him.

dd

Brayan and Collaros will be back, bomber win bb, take over first place, things working out the way we had hoped after slow start

tlf

Quote from: dd on September 02, 2024, 05:42:53 PMBrayan and Collaros will be back, bomber win bb, take over first place, things working out the way we had hoped after slow start

I have good news for you... We have already done this!  Go Blue!

dd

Quote from: tlf on September 02, 2024, 05:46:08 PMI have good news for you... We have already done this!  Go Blue!
We lose the BB, riders are in first place. We beat them and we have a 3 point lead hence the term 'take over' first place

Blueforlife

Quote from: tlf on September 02, 2024, 05:12:22 PMI hope Collaros is back because Strev is NOT the answer at QB.  If he's not would like to see Wilson get some reps. He throws a nice ball. I know y'all like Strev but he does not.  Admit it please.

I hope SB is back.  We need him.

I like Wilson but disagree all regarding our backup QBs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on September 02, 2024, 06:10:22 PMWe lose the BB, riders are in first place. We beat them and we have a 3 point lead hence the term 'take over' first place

It's a 4 point game. It would go a long way in promising a home play off game. Might even put a strong grip on 1st place.

We want a Bombers win and a Lions loss. That would require the Lions to win 2 more games in the last 5 to pass us in the standings due to series win by Bombers. Clearly that would be the same issue for the Riders if we win Banjo Bowl.

Things would look pretty good.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 02, 2024, 03:30:50 PMRiders appear to have lost 2 OL. I think it was fry that had his arm in a sling at the end of the game.

Riderfans said Godber (C) returned later in the game.  His problem didn't look too bad.  I haven't confirmed yet.

Fry is probably out 4-8 weeks IMHO.

I feel SSK's pain re OL injuries.  Both of our teams have had horrible luck this season.  However, it may be worse for SSK because they spent a lot more money in FA on OL trying to get better, only to see it evaporate.
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

Dustin and Suitor will be calling the Banjo Bowl.

J5V

Quote from: gobombersgo on September 03, 2024, 12:54:44 AMDustin and Suitor will be calling the Banjo Bowl.
Thanks for the heads-up! Will be listening to CJOB and watching TSN.
Go Bombers!

BlueInCgy

Quote from: J5V on September 03, 2024, 12:56:00 AMThanks for the heads-up! Will be listening to CJOB and watching TSN.

Not on TSN.  Only CTV

J5V

Go Bombers!

gobombersgo

Quote from: BlueInCgy on September 03, 2024, 01:00:32 AMNot on TSN.  Only CTV

So, I had a look and there is no pregame shows on Saturday on either TSN or CTV.

As well, the Toronto vs Ottawa game starts at noon Wpg time on TSN so it will over lap the Bomber game.

The Edmonton vs Calgary game starts at 6pm Wpg time.