Als at Riders GDT Fri 8pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, August 15, 2024, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

gobombersgo

Official: Trevor Harris returns for Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Montreal Alouettes
By 3Down Staff -August 15, 2024

Trevor Harris is back and it couldn't have come at a better time for the Saskatchewan Roughriders as they host the league-leading Montreal Alouettes.

The 38-year-old quarterback will suit up for the first time since Week 3 when he suffered an MCL sprain in his left knee against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Before the Waldo, Oh. native went down, Harris led the CFL in both passing yards (695) and touchdowns (five).

The Riders will also receive more reinforcements with running back A.J. Ouellette and linebacker Jameer Thurman returning to the lineup.

The 29-year-old Ouellette rumbles back into the starting lineup after missing the last three games due to a hip injury. The two-time East Division all-star ran for 397 yards and three touchdowns prior to his injury.

Thurman is also back in action after missing last week's tie against the Ottawa Redblacks with an elbow injury. The Chicago, Il. native remains one of the most impactful players on Saskatchewan's defence, having 38 tackles, one interception, and three fumble recoveries.

Newly signed linebackers Aubrey Miller Jr. and Zachary Philion draw into the lineup, while receiver KeeSean Johnson will start at slotback after missing last week.

The Riders have also made a shift on the offensive line, with Logan Ferland kicking out to right tackle and Nick Jones shifting into guard.

Linebacker C.J. Avery (head), receiver Ajou Ajou (finger), and defensive lineman Habakkuk Baldonado (head) will not dress this week.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders (5-3-1) will host the Montreal Alouettes (8-1) on Friday, Aug. 16 with kickoff slated for 9:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/15/official-trevor-harris-returns-for-saskatchewan-roughriders-vs-montreal-alouettes/

gobombersgo

Cody Fajardo to dress but not start for Montreal Alouettes vs. Riders
By 3Down Staff -August 15, 2024

Quarterback Cody Fajardo will be available for the Montreal Alouettes when they pay a visit to the west's best in the Saskatchewan Roughriders, though it doesn't appear he'll be in the starting lineup.

This marks the first time the 32-year-old will be available to play at Mosaic Stadium since leaving the Riders after the 2022 season. The 2023 Grey Cup MVP has missed the last three games with a hamstring injury and has thrown for 1,636 yards, 10 touchdowns, and four interceptions on the season.

Instead, however, it will be Davis Alexander taking the starter reins for the third consecutive week. After being away from the team on Tuesday for personal reasons, the 25-year-old returned to practice the following day and is slated to be the starter.

Alexander made his season debut against the Riders the last time these teams met, completing 15-of-18 passes for 178 yards and two touchdowns after coming in relief against Saskatchewan three weeks ago.

Canadian receiver Shedler Fervius has moved into the starting lineup as Tyson Philpot has been ruled out. The 24-year-old Philpot exited last week's contest against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and did not practice all week with a left foot injury.

Nafees Lyon has returned to the starting lineup after missing the last three weeks and will start at boundary corner, pushing Dionte Ruffin to field-side halfback and Bryce Cosby to strong-side linebacker.

Defensive backs Cre'von Leblanc (hamstring) and Najee Murray (ankle), as well as linebacker Frederic Chagnon (knee) remain sidelined.

The Montreal Alouettes (8-1) will visit the Saskatchewan Roughriders (5-3-1) on Friday, Aug. 16 with kickoff slated for 9:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/15/cody-fajardo-to-dress-but-not-start-for-montreal-alouettes-vs-riders/

J5V

That's a tough defense and a tough team for Trevor Harris to come back from injury to play against. Wouldn't you want a softer start to build his confidence a bit first? Talk about thrown into the fire.
Go Bombers!

Jesse

Quote from: J5V on August 15, 2024, 10:43:03 PMThat's a tough defense and a tough team for Trevor Harris to come back from injury to play against. Wouldn't you want a softer start to build his confidence a bit first? Talk about thrown into the fire.

He's their starting QB not a raw rookie coming in. If he's healthy, he starts.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Ya there are alot easier teams to get back into the groove with but like the one poster said, he's their #1 Qb, earning the big bucks, get in there and earn them. He's had his injury challenges, and I just think he's getting up there in age and wont stay healthy for long. Same for Masoli, will he last his first game back??

peg_city

I'm thinking the Riders are going to win this one

Jesse

Quote from: peg_city on August 15, 2024, 11:58:48 PMI'm thinking the Riders are going to win this one

That would be surprising.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Ott win, check!
Als win??? Yes please.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Ole, ole, ole...come on Montreal !!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 16, 2024, 04:06:56 AMOtt win, check!
Als win??? Yes please.

Yup, WPG needs East to do us a solid.  Keep paying off for us Easties!!  Knock those Greenies down a notch (or 10).
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Horn out those nasty horny horns! Or oops there in the toilet seat stadium hopefully no one shows up due to harvesting season!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

French is the colour!
Boule de pied is the game!
We're all together, eh!
And winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the St Lawrence Seaway
Frenchie Birdies is our name!

-- with a nod to every annoying Riderfans GDT

Go blue & red!  Go Francophones!  Sack "Glass" Trevor once and he's probably out another 10 weeks.  Make those green fans abandon the toilet bowl midway through 4th Q.

Stop the mullet.  Attack the iffy DBs.  Get Fletcher going for once.

If Greenies want to win, the must go all-ground + all-short.  Any deeps will be picked.
Never go full Rider!

markf

How's sask O line?

Montreal has some serious D lineman....