Coaches show ...

Started by The Zipp, July 30, 2024, 12:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Quote from: Waffler on July 31, 2024, 10:39:06 PMDemski is in touch with Bailey and he says:

"I talk to Sheed," he acknowledged. "He's in a place where he's trying to figure it out right now. I don't really know where his head's at. I know he wants to play football. I also know that he has a lot of figuring out to do. I'm going to give him space.
"At the same time, it would be sweet to see him put the jersey over the pads again."
Figure out what? How much money to ask for? Where he wants to play? Or is this just a ruse where he's pretending to be making the Bombers wait while he stalls hoping another club will pick him up? If he wanted to be here he would have reached out to KW, not the other way round.
Go Bombers!

Jesse

Quote from: J5V on July 31, 2024, 11:17:12 PMFigure out what? How much money to ask for? Where he wants to play? Or is this just a ruse where he's pretending to be making the Bombers wait while he stalls hoping another club will pick him up? If he wanted to be here he would have reached out to KW, not the other way round.

Figure out if he wants to take a low ball offer to stay in the CFLor move on to his post football career? Stick around in Canada to wait for an offer that hasn't come yet or fly home?

It's guys life not a video game.
My wife is amazing!

J5V

Quote from: Jesse on August 01, 2024, 12:06:42 AMFigure out if he wants to take a low ball offer to stay in the CFLor move on to his post football career? Stick around in Canada to wait for an offer that hasn't come yet or fly home?

It's guys life not a video game.
I get that but Demski said "I know he wants to play football." If that's true, the only question would be, where? It sure doesn't look like he wants to play here.
Go Bombers!

Pete

Rumor is Ottawa, could see why Dru Brown would like him

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on August 01, 2024, 12:27:27 AMRumor is Ottawa, could see why Dru Brown would like him

Ottawa already has Hardy who plays a similar role to Bailey.

dd

I m thinking he either got a low ball offer from KW or no offer at all at this point in time. I m thinking He's probably figuring out flying home vs pay another months rent in Toronto --not cheap.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 31, 2024, 03:04:13 PMI think moving Lucky onto the roster spells the end of Bailey coming back, they had enough time to consider a switchover and for whatever reason decided to stick with Lucky.  I would have preferred Bailey for his much needed contribution but didn't really expect it to materialize with so much water under the bridge.

There's still Johnson's spot.  Lawler still isn't back.  If Johnson has yet another game of doing diddly-squat, there will be more pressure on getting a real player in there.

I don't think this is the end of Bailey in B&G.  But Bailey to OTT is also intriguing.  He'll have to weigh the $$ of any offers.  I'm sure he'd give WPG a "homecoming" discount... but not a huge one.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 01, 2024, 04:12:08 AMI'm sure he'd give WPG a "homecoming" discount... but not a huge one.
Pretty sure he gave the team a discount when he signed his last contract here.  Not sure he would do it again, but I guess you never know.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on August 01, 2024, 06:15:24 AMPretty sure he gave the team a discount when he signed his last contract here.  Not sure he would do it again, but I guess you never know.

Pretty sure he's not too pleased when Walters slides those discounts into other receivers pockets and doesn't bother to contact him after season's end.  Any conversations going on now must be pretty awkward.

Jesse

Probably got the Lucky offer, where he'll have to sit on the PR and wait for an injury.

When we should sit down Johnson or move Clercius into a back-up role.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

What the Bombers didn't do speaks the loudest on Bailey. They didn't commit to him financially in the last two off-seasons with the team and then they let him walk. They haven't re-signed him even though he'd be mostly plug in play.

He didn't even make two months in Toronto.

I think we can read between the lines.

The Zipp

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 01, 2024, 02:46:37 PMWhat the Bombers didn't do speaks the loudest on Bailey. They didn't commit to him financially in the last two off-seasons with the team and then they let him walk. They haven't re-signed him even though he'd be mostly plug in play.

He didn't even make two months in Toronto.

I think we can read between the lines.

The Argos outright releasing him and then crying it was ratio was suspect...you typically don't just release a starting productive reciever because of ratio.  There is more to it...

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on August 01, 2024, 02:49:30 PMThe Argos outright releasing him and then crying it was ratio was suspect...you typically don't just release a starting productive reciever because of ratio.  There is more to it...

Obviously we can't know - but what we do know it that:

1) Mike O'Shea is loyal to his players
2) Mike O'Shea likes to reward veterans
3) Mike O'Shea likes players who play tough and do the dirty work

Bailey is ALL of those things and yet, we didn't value him and still don't. Should make you wonder why.

markf

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 31, 2024, 03:04:13 PMI think moving Lucky onto the roster spells the end of Bailey coming back, they had enough time to consider a switchover and for whatever reason decided to stick with Lucky.  I would have preferred Bailey for his much needed contribution but didn't really expect it to materialize with so much water under the bridge.

Maybe Bailey doesn't want to come back to Wpg.

Pete

Last year we only signed him when he took a discount, this year we let him go, now Argos cut him. His ego may not allow him to sign here if he has options, especially if we again are disrespecting him ( in his eyes) with a lowball offer or making him start over at a pr position