What's your opinion of the club

Started by Blueforlife, June 15, 2024, 08:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trying to gauge the temperature of the room

Full blown panic, blown things up and rebuild
1 (2.7%)
Seriously worried, make some major changes and bring some vets in
12 (32.4%)
Moderate concern, tweek the lineup and develop / look for new talent in key areas
16 (43.2%)
Limited concern but short to medium term injuries will hurt us
6 (16.2%)
Not worried, I trust the players, coaches and management we have, use PR to deal with injuries
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Bomber Diehard

It is too early to back up the truck and get rid of Players.
We need an improvement in the OL And that will help our quarterback immensely.
Injuries has taken it's toll but it will happen to other teams too.
We have good management and scouts So don't sell your tickets.

Pigskin

I feel blessed that we had 4 excellent years of football. Your just not going to be a great team every year. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Road Griller

Quote from: Pigskin on June 18, 2024, 02:15:25 PMI feel blessed that we had 4 excellent years of football. Your just not going to be a great team every year. 

No, but a competitive team is to be expected.  From first to worst in the division is not acceptable.

Games are not cheap, some families spend thousands of dollars a season.

If they are not entertained that two week cabin rental or winter vacation looks better and better. 

It's not like people still can't watch the games if they decide to.

Pigskin

Quote from: Road Griller on June 18, 2024, 03:07:04 PMNo, but a competitive team is to be expected.  From first to worst in the division is not acceptable.

Games are not cheap, some families spend thousands of dollars a season.

If they are not entertained that two week cabin rental or winter vacation looks better and better. 

It's not like people still can't watch the games if they decide to.

Well, if this is so painful for you, then don't watch and rent a cabin for a couple of weeks.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Road Griller

Quote from: Pigskin on June 18, 2024, 03:19:18 PMWell, if this is so painful for you, then don't watch and rent a cabin for a couple of weeks.

I don't think the team has that attitude, I hope not anyway.

Butts in the seats drives the machine.  It all starts there.  The die hards are not enough to turn a profit.  That said many of those are aging out and need to be replaced.

It's a big commitment.

If the team has little to no chance of being in the Cup 2025 does a family drop 4-5k on tickets and festivities for the entire  GC week/season or book that cruise for December?

It's like found money.  Cruises are also very entertaining.  Guaranteed.

kkc60

Quote from: Pigskin on June 18, 2024, 02:15:25 PMI feel blessed that we had 4 excellent years of football. Your just not going to be a great team every year. 
I don't think anyone is disputing that the past 4 years have been good, but at the same time going from first to worst is unacceptable in any league. On top of that, it appears the team itself has 0 answers or direction. Coaches are making questionable calls, roster management has been questionable at times, every hole the team had coming into the season appears to not have been addressed properly.

It's early, but if this trend continues then that 4 years is gonna feel like a lifetime ago soon enough.

markf

blue_gold_84

Quote from: markf on June 18, 2024, 04:30:42 PMBombers defence ranked third after two weeks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFL/s/grp1h14OiW

Is there one for the offense? Not that I'd want to see it.... :-\
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Blue In BC

Quote from: markf on June 18, 2024, 04:30:42 PMBombers defence ranked third after two weeks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFL/s/grp1h14OiW

Interesting. It's always a chicken or egg question. Bombers defence was on the field a lot. Our offence and ST's didn't help their cause. Obviously if the offence plays better that will help.

However, the Lions are more of a quick score chunk offence, so we have to take that away. Winning TOP doesn't help if Lions get those quick big plays. Field position is an issue. Kick deep and limit long returns. Try and get some better blocking on our own returns.

The above is obvious and cliche but what else can we say?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

markf

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 18, 2024, 05:15:33 PMInteresting. It's always a chicken or egg question. Bombers defence was on the field a lot. Our offence and ST's didn't help their cause. Obviously if the offence plays better that will help.

However, the Lions are more of a quick score chunk offence, so we have to take that away.
The above is obvious and cliche but what else can we say?

The Lions o line started badly the other day, then changed one player, at guard, which must have helped.

held up against a constant blitz, and then started feeding stanback, who made crucial yards. I thought the Bombers looked good against the run so far, but Fox out, might affect that

this is actually a big game, already.

blue_gold_84

0-3 would be pretty craptacular.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

VictorRomano

Quote from: Pigskin on June 18, 2024, 03:19:18 PMWell, if this is so painful for you, then don't watch and rent a cabin for a couple of weeks.

The last 4 games have felt like 2013 all over again.  Just 3 hours of sitting at my cottage near Kenora and screaming profanities furiously at my TV.  I'd be seriously impressed if we do better than 11-7 this year.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: VictorRomano on June 18, 2024, 07:10:12 PMThe last 4 games have felt like 2013 all over again.  Just 3 hours of sitting at my cottage near Kenora and screaming profanities furiously at my TV.  I'd be seriously impressed if we do better than 11-7 this year.

Maybe time to disconnect the cable out there. ;)
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

peg_city

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 18, 2024, 04:47:02 PMIs there one for the offense? Not that I'd want to see it.... :-\

peg_city

Who would have thought that offence would be the problem 2 weeks in?