Calgary @ Winnipeg.

Started by Pigskin, May 26, 2024, 07:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: TBURGESS on May 31, 2024, 09:48:04 PMEveryone cares about the players that likely won't even make the team? A bunch will be gone by Monday and some will get PR spots.
I'd rather use this game as a warm up for the first season game. Give the vets the first quarter, then give the guys who have an outside chance a chance to make the team.
Quite frankly, the coaches already know who 90-95% of the team are going to be. We're wasting an opportunity to get everyone up to game speed.
Ya first preseason game is about evaluating rookies and those that made a good impression will get reps in the 2nd game, and in the second game you get your vets some reps who need to get back into their groove. Not sure why streveler wouldn't see some reps in this game as it's been a while since he's been under centre in a game. I see both teams using their vets for a solid quarter maybe more, as next week the real bullets start to fly

ModAdmin

Quote from: dd on June 01, 2024, 01:31:13 AMYa first preseason game is about evaluating rookies and those that made a good impression will get reps in the 2nd game, and in the second game you get your vets some reps who need to get back into their groove. Not sure why streveler wouldn't see some reps in this game as it's been a while since he's been under centre in a game. I see both teams using their vets for a solid quarter maybe more, as next week the real bullets start to fly

Streveler was injured and held out of the game today.  He should be ready for Game 1 on June 6th.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 31, 2024, 10:01:44 PMI'm not disagreeing but I don't remember an issue with finding depth charts on CFL.CA for regular season games.

Game tracker didn't work for most of last season.  If you have another link on cfl.ca to find depth charts, let me know.

Hey!  I just went back to the tracker post-game and now it works!  And it's pretty slick.  So it looks like game-tracker is now just a in-game/post-game thing, not a pre-game thing.  (And now it works on firefox!)

It has a roster tab (which wasn't there pre-game) but still not hint of a depth chart.  However, it looks like they aren't even trying to put a DC here...

So... doesn't anyone know where to find the DCs on cfl.ca?  Surely they are somewhere.  Thanks!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 01, 2024, 05:07:30 AMStreveler was injured and held out of the game today.  He should be ready for Game 1 on June 6th.

Ya, MOS mentioned this in passing in his May 30 presser on bb.com, with very little detail.  It was total news to me.

He probably aggravated something in those raging-bull runs in PS#1 he's so famous for.  If he's going to be fragile we may have to adjust how he's used... Can we afford to use him on all 3rd down sneaks?  A fall-forward is one thing, but those C-gap and edge runs??  Yikes.

Strev might be more valuable as the Zach injury-backup rather than a 2019 raging bull or SY guy.  Did we test either #3 or #9 in SY much this PS?  If Strev starts we'll win .500 or better... if #3 or #9 starts we are winning .200 if we are lucky.  Have to take this into account if he's now injury prone.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 01, 2024, 05:07:30 AMStreveler was injured and held out of the game today.  He should be ready for Game 1 on June 6th.

Yeah, but what about every other starter?
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 30, 2024, 08:42:09 PMDo you feel better leaving IGF/PAS after winning a PS or losing it??  Now, imagine you're a kid in the stands who doesn't understand it's "just a PS".  Imagine the few holdouts thinking "should I buy a ST this year or not?" after we just lost PS#2 by 50 points...

It is evaluation, and we here know that, but losing (especially badly) is not without consequence.  It is a fact that the teams try harder in their home PS game, mainly by leaving their starters in longer.  Also, for the home game teams can dress everyone they want without having to fly everyone out and pay for hotels.

So far this PS the home teams are 3-2, but those 2 are a bad-looking HAM that tried really hard by leaving BLM in an entire half, and EDM, which needs no explanation -- they are just EDM.  I bet by the time the PS is over the home teams have won 66%-75%.
PS outcome / score means nothing, used to evaluate players.  The entertainment value isn't high but it's fun to see new faces and evaluate current and future prospects.