Lawler to the slot

Started by TecnoGenius, September 30, 2023, 09:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Meh. I'm sure he's fine and one quiet game against a top team doesn't change anything.

I expect he'll have a big night on Friday in Vancouver.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Pete

Lawlers best games in the past have been against BC. Lets hope that trend continues!

Lincoln Locomotive

TBH, and aside from perhaps 2 games where he had 200 hundred yards and another with over a 100, he's been somewhat of a disappointment this season.    Missing the first third of the season didn't help matters either.    His chemistry with Zach has been off and so has Zach who has either under or overthrown him on several occasions.    His numbers don't reflect what we're paying him and as one of the highest paid receivers in the CFL, his stats are underwhelming at best.    Dalton Schoen who is paid a fraction of what Lawler makes leads the league in receiving yards and has been dominant in his second season
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Yes, KL needs to be better:

Edmonton: 93 yards. first game back.
BC: 200 yards in a blow out.
Sask. 104 yards in a blow out.

He has had 5 games under 50 yards. Not KL numbers.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on October 04, 2023, 05:31:46 PM
Yes, KL needs to be better:

Edmonton: 93 yards. first game back.
BC: 200 yards in a blow out.
Sask. 104 yards in a blow out.

He has had 5 games under 50 yards. Not KL numbers.
wildly inconsistent.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Waffler

The 200 against BC probably means he gets extra attention Friday. It's pick your poison for them, one of the big three is going to be open enough times if Zach has time to find him. I am not concerned with Lawler's numbers at all. I like having the threat that he brings there.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

peg_city

It will be interesting to see who the Bombers keep during the off-season, Lawler or Schoen. Probably can't afford both.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: peg_city on October 04, 2023, 06:50:52 PM
It will be interesting to see who the Bombers keep during the off-season, Lawler or Schoen. Probably can't afford both.

I'd hate to see what happens if Schoen explores Free Agency, and he'd be dumb not to.  Bombers may have no choice but to hang onto Lawler.

Sir Blue and Gold

Isn't Oliveira up after this year too? We're going to need to move on from some bigger contracts.

VictorRomano

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 04, 2023, 07:31:27 PM
Isn't Oliveira up after this year too? We're going to need to move on from some bigger contracts.

We have many key pieces who's contracts are up this year, and many are going to be looking for raises based on the increasing cost of living:

- The entire starting OL:  Hardrick, Bryant, Neufeld, Gray, and Kolankowski are all pending FAs  Can't see us keeping this whole group together, and JH and SB are getting pretty long in the tooth.
- Oliveria, Augustine and McCrae are all up.  Brady will certainly be looking for a raise, don't know if JA will stick around to be second fiddle forever.
- Shoen, Grant, Woli, Agudosi, Bailey, and BOO are all up.  I don't think we can keep all these guys.
- Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Thomas and Walker are all up.
- all of our starting DB's are pending FAs.  Again, not gonna be able to keep them all.
- Dru Brown is an FA at the end of the season.  Seems like a guaranteed keeper if we can afford him and he doesn't want to try for a bigger payday and maybe a starting shot before ZC retires at the end of 2024 (can't see him playing too much longer)
- It seems the only place we have some guaranteed stability is the LB's, with Biggie and Wilson signed through 2024, but Clements and everyone else are FAs.

Pete

not much different than last year, but having said that Walters has been notable for his absence this year, we haven't heard anything from him since the season started. May be due to his contract status or lack there of?

Pigskin

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 04, 2023, 07:31:27 PM

He is.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

Y'all saying we're going into an off-season where we have some key FAs coming up and might not get to keep them all?

How will we possibly manage!!!  ;D
#Ride?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_or_die on October 04, 2023, 09:54:30 PM
Y'all saying we're going into an off-season where we have some key FAs coming up and might not get to keep them all?

How will we possibly manage!!!  ;D

Oh, you're right! No doubt we'll be fine. It will just be interesting to see who we'll keep and who might have to go.

theaardvark

Never an issue or worry as long as Walters in charge.  Who we sign and who we don't will depend on the demand and who we have on deck...

Yes, our roster will be a shopping list for any team, but if we want to sign anyone, at market value, I don't think that will be a problem.  No more "I'm going to Edm for $5k more" scenarios.  More "I'll stay for less to be with my brothers"

Which puts us in a good position...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.