Lawler to the slot

Started by TecnoGenius, September 30, 2023, 09:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 06, 2023, 05:49:21 PM
Is it possible MPI refuses to cover the insurance payout based on his impairment?  I believe that could void their coverage.  The lawsuit also alleges Lawler did not have a valid driver's license at the time of the crash. Oy vey.

Hmm, it looks like it's a grey area.  It's not the dealer's fault Kenny was impaired.

You'd think that if drunks were faced with eating a potential $50k loss if they total their $50k vehicle while drunk, there would be a lot less drunk driving?  I always thought MPI covered everything if you were properly registered.  Makes me wonder about alcoholics even more!!
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Go Bombers!

DM83

Poor Lawler.

Very stupid

Not worth the money, nor the affronts to society.

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 06, 2023, 05:49:21 PM
Is it possible MPI refuses to cover the insurance payout based on his impairment?  I believe that could void their coverage.  The lawsuit also alleges Lawler did not have a valid driver's license at the time of the crash. Oy vey.

I believe you are correct. If you are impaired your insurance is invalid. My cousins damaged his car and was found to be impaired. MPI paid for zero percent of the damages. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on October 07, 2023, 07:35:04 PM
I believe you are correct. If you are impaired your insurance is invalid. My cousins damaged his car and was found to be impaired. MPI paid for zero percent of the damages. 
And rightfully so.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 07, 2023, 07:35:04 PM

Talk about a costly mistake, add this to the lost games he wasn't paid for, high flyin' Kenny flyin' low on cash.

TecnoGenius

I noticed in the BC game we put Kenny in the slot a few times.  I really liked this changeup, and it seemed to work to get him a lot of short/mid passes.  Way more completions than his average lately.

Keep it up Buck!
Never go full Rider!

3rdand1.5

Based on experience...close friend who actually also hit a light standard while intoxicated (no one injured).

He lost his license, paid fines for the DUI and had to go to a course.

The jeep he was driving had some damage, he was out of pocket for all of the damage, plus the tow/impoundment fee
The light standard had mild damage but he had to pay to repair it
The boulevard also sustained some damage...skid mark...and yes he had to pay for that also
Also he had lawyer fees etc.

At the end of the day he learnt his lesson in regards to driving...and so did all his close friends as we witnessed just how expensive and serious it was....This was a number of years ago already, but in total it was around $45,000 for his decision....I'm sure it would cost more today.

At any rate PSA...do NOT drive intoxicated.....

I hope Lawler learns like my friend did and comes out the back end of this a better person.

Hopefully this doesn't distract him too much, I would venture to say this has been a really tough year on him.....but when he straps on the pads let's hope he goes into full beast mode and puts up big numbers all the way to a GC!!!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 11, 2023, 06:28:33 AM
I noticed in the BC game we put Kenny in the slot a few times.  I really liked this changeup, and it seemed to work to get him a lot of short/mid passes.  Way more completions than his average lately.

Actually, now that I'm rewatching the whole thing... we put Kenny in the slot a TON, and not just weak side, I don't think.  Our O schemes were all over the place, it was hard to keep track.  Maybe that was the plan vs BC: be so wacky and oft-changing that the DC and D had no idea how to react.  It seemed to work superbly, minus the untimely turnovers.
Never go full Rider!