Blue Bombers at Riders Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, August 25, 2023, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Riders are on a bye week so they should be fresh and ready to go. Labor Day Classic is always a tough game for the Bombers. We will have to start much better. We also need to protect the ball better. ZC8 can not have three picks, and two for TDs. Hope to get Grant back for this one.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

I'm not too worried about the Riders coming off the bye. But it's always a tough game. Dolegala has a strong arm and is fairly accurate but not always. He's not going to scare us with his running.

In that sense it will be a little like yesterday's game. Pressure, pressure and force their mistakes.

Not likely we see the early offensive mistakes from Collaros again. Als secondary is better than the Riders so have to give credit to them for that.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 25, 2023, 03:59:41 PM
I'm not too worried about the Riders coming off the bye. But it's always a tough game. Dolegala has a strong arm and is fairly accurate but not always. He's not going to scare us with his running.

In that sense it will be a little like yesterday's game. Pressure, pressure and force their mistakes.

Not likely we see the early offensive mistakes from Collaros again. Als secondary is better than the Riders so have to give credit to them for that.

Let's hope not. But then again some said that after the Edmonton game. I wonder which QB has thrown the most pick 6 this season?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 25, 2023, 03:59:41 PM

Dolegala may eventually figure out how to read a defence and become a decent QB, but it's not going to happen against the Bomber D next weekend.  With Fine and Dolegala Sask. may have some future talent to build upon but I still expect them to start Harris next season as he was paid some guaranteed money to sign with them.

blue_or_die

My prediction is that the Riders gameplan Dolegala?s long game and utilizing their pretty impressive receiving core over the top. Kind of like in both our BC games, with BC doing it to us in the first and coming out on top, and vice versa in the second meeting. So I think as long as our secondary is coached to not let their receivers get behind them and BA is all over the field, we can force them to be limited to the short game where we can force them into our bend-don?t-break D.
#Ride?

bwiser

The fact that the Riders are coming off a bye shouldn't matter. The Bombers have ten days between games so they will also be well rested.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bwiser on August 25, 2023, 09:24:32 PM
The fact that the Riders are coming off a bye shouldn't matter. The Bombers have ten days between games so they will also be well rested.
yup good point
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

SSK has a new-found confidence.  That's dangerous and unfortunate.  Better when they were beatdown and defeated.

However, winning vs BC at Mosaic took massive pressure off their backs.  There won't be quite as much pressure to beat us in LDC.  Ya, the usual LDC pressure, but they can always just cry about us being a far better team and call it a day.  Dickenson The Lesser won't lose his job for losing the LDC.

SSK has no run game, basically.  Wilson et al will put an end to Morrow.  So it's air time for Dolegala.  Here's where MOS's "assignment sound" will win us the game.  Just be assignment sound... the opposite of MTL and TOR in tonights game  :D :D :D

The trick will be to keep up with the physicality SSK will bring on D and ST.  They clearly can lay the wood, and it's in their best interest to wound us in LDC and reap the rewards in BB.  It'll be tough to match if we're not mentally ready.

Bottom line, it's not the slam dunk we would have thought 2 weeks ago, but it's ours to lose.  Winning both will go a long way to clinching 1st in W and giving us a potential 3-4 weeks of what will effectively be byes to end the season!
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

I think the Riders are exploitable in many areas.

Starting with their OL the Jeffs are rounding into wonderful form and could present big issue in both the running and passing attacks. Walkers continued improvement I would like to see trend upwards.

They do have a good slate of WRs but our DBs Are nothing to sneeze at either.

Must contain Alford on coverage units. This is an area where they may have a leg up on us. LDC are known for those explosion plays so the coverage units need to contain.

They have a good DL so the our OL will have it challenges. Here is where you need to look at Buck to have a game plan and call plays that will aid is OL is max protection and similar formation run/pass plays.

Should be a real good game. Only way the Blue Bombers lose is if they beat themselves.

Ridermania

Here is the first of my many upcoming posts for LDC Events!

Revival Labour Day Weekend Parking Lot Party
Saturday and Sunday!
2 stages (indoor, outdoor)
10 Bands check back for line-up
Food Truck
Plenty of dancing and indoor outdoor fun!
$20 per day cover at the door
(no reservations, first come first serve for tables)
Doors 6pm
Entertainment starts 7pm
https://revivalmusicroom.com/

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Ridermania on August 26, 2023, 05:58:55 PM
Here is the first of my many upcoming posts for LDC Events!

Revival Labour Day Weekend Parking Lot Party
Saturday and Sunday!
2 stages (indoor, outdoor)
10 Bands check back for line-up
Food Truck
Plenty of dancing and indoor outdoor fun!
$20 per day cover at the door
(no reservations, first come first serve for tables)
Doors 6pm
Entertainment starts 7pm
https://revivalmusicroom.com/
sounds good we?ll be there Sunday for sure!

bluebeard

As I see it the Riders have a good defensive team, especially their DL.  This year the defence is either good or dogging it, such as the Montreal game.  Their backfield lost 2 starting DBs against the Lions and without them the long ball can be had.

Offensively, Dolegala has only started 2 games and is the Riders 3rd string QB.  Started once last season and once this year.  Strong armed and tall, 6' 7" and has no trouble seeing over the OL.  Has fumble issues.  Has decent running ability ... 6 to 7 yeards per carry but seldom scrambles.  Very unexperienced.

We win by 14. even with a large crowd against us.

pjrocksmb

We will win one out of the two games.  We are much better but they are more desperate and we might make mistakes.

RebusRankin

I suspect its quite possible Dolegala has at least one game with multiple interceptions based on how some of his longer passes look. Think the one Emilus took for a TD (Sayles should have picked it, although great play by Emilus).

ModAdmin

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 26, 2023, 10:23:38 PM
We will win one out of the two games.  We are much better but they are more desperate and we might make mistakes.

Desperate teams are the ones that usually make mistakes.  "Better" teams show consistency and positive results.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden