Blue Bombers at Riders Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, August 25, 2023, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on August 27, 2023, 03:44:13 AM
Desperate teams are the ones that usually make mistakes.  "Better" teams show consistency and positive results.
yes this is the more logical opinion
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

Quote from: ModAdmin on August 27, 2023, 03:44:13 AM
Desperate teams are the ones that usually make mistakes.  "Better" teams show consistency and positive results.
I dunno about desparate teams but desparate players sure make mistakes? mop Zach Collaros has made a couple of beauty mistakes in the form of pick sixes this season. He of all people should know when you?re running for your life, that isn?t the time to force an impossible pass as that usually goes the other way. He?s gotta cut that out

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Ridermania on August 26, 2023, 05:58:55 PM
Here is the first of my many upcoming posts for LDC Events!

You need to get the City of Regina to pay you as a promoter-at-large!  You da man.  I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out this year.  If I don't get out there this year, I'll be bummed.  I suppose there's always a chance the WSF is WPG@SSK!?  :o
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Another Labour Day Classic!

Looks like we should be a fully healthy squad for this barn burner minus Haba and Hansen.

I look to Brady, Zach, Willie, and Jeffcoat to have superb games! Castillio to be solid in the kicking department.

Always a treat live at the Mo.

Discuss?

The Zipp

This is all I need to say...riders suck and I dislike them and their fans very much...the end.

GO BLUE!!

Pigskin

I hope to get to a practice this week.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 28, 2023, 02:47:41 AM
This is all I need to say...riders suck and I dislike them and their fans very much...the end.

Minus Ridermania, of course.  ;D ;D ;D  (Maybe jayrock, too)

Personally, the older I get the less I hate other team fans because I just like to talk football, and other fans are great at talking football vs the average joe out there.  (And I like all the blond SSK women too.)  8)
Never go full Rider!

BBRT

Quote from: The Zipp on August 28, 2023, 02:47:41 AM

GO BLUE!!

I live in Calgary - and do a lot of business in Saskatchewan (a little less now than in years past) - I am invited to the Labor Day Classic every year for a number of years by my clients in the province. Have a great time. We stay in MooseJaw and travel to the game on Game Day. We have great hosts and enjoy all the fun. I have never had any problem with any Rider Fan even though they know I am rooting for the Big Blue. I think fans are all the same in all the stadiums. Mostly great folks with a few not so great folks thrown in at times.

Pete

you just have to peruse Rider forum and see the hate for bombers and Winnipeg is returned.  Claiming we are smug. pompous, have the officiating in our pocket, and hold all the time. Its a great two game series coming up!

John T.

Quote from: Pete on August 28, 2023, 06:21:10 PM
you just have to peruse Rider forum and see the hate for bombers and Winnipeg is returned.  Claiming we are smug. pompous, have the officiating in our pocket, and hold all the time. Its a great two game series coming up!
You're not wrong, but you have to remember that the people on the Rider forum are not the average Rider fans. Some of the posters are especially obnoxious and immature, and are not the kind of people you're likely to encounter at Mosaic Stadium, thank goodness. I mean, constantly accusing Brady Oliveira of "juicing" because he reminds them of Andrew Harris is the kind of comment I'd expect from 12-year-olds, and although it may come as a surprise to some of those halfwits that the Bombers don't get away with holding any more than any other team does, and no, the refs are not on our side. Every winning team in CFL history has had the same claims made about them, and they're always wrong. These posters need to grow up. Of course, they won't.

Having said that, I've seen enough Labour Day games (all of them, I think, because I'm an old fart) to know that which team is better in any given year has absolutely nothing to do with who wins in Regina on Labour Day weekend. I recall the 1990 Grey Cup winning Bombers losing 55-11 at the LDC. So anything can happen.

I don't bet on any games, but the LDC is one that I'm especially not willing to bet on, one way or another.

jayrock

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2023, 08:36:24 AM

Personally, the older I get the less I hate other team fans because I just like to talk football, and other fans are great at talking football vs the average joe out there.  (And I like all the blond SSK women too.)  8)

maybe....maybe.....ouch
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

Horseman

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2023, 08:36:24 AM

The Blonde ones are the grain fed ones, the others not so much. LOL

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 28, 2023, 01:57:55 AM
Another Labour Day Classic!

Looks like we should be a fully healthy squad for this barn burner minus Haba and Hansen.

I look to Brady, Zach, Willie, and Jeffcoat to have superb games! Castillio to be solid in the kicking department.

Always a treat live at the Mo.

Discuss?
Give em hell Goldie....one of my bucket list items is to see a Banjo Bowl game back in the Peg!
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 28, 2023, 10:07:28 PM
Give em hell Goldie....one of my bucket list items is to see a Banjo Bowl game back in the Peg!
You say that every year. DO IT! -Ben Stiller with nasty burns

TecnoGenius

Quote from: John T. on August 28, 2023, 06:53:38 PM
I mean, constantly accusing Brady Oliveira of "juicing" because he reminds them of Andrew Harris is the kind of comment I'd expect from 12-year-olds

At least with AH33 they had a modicum of truth, because of his incident; so we kind of had to live with that chatter.  But I have no idea who would think Brady is "juicing" when he has far less muscle mass than AH33 did in '19, and far less than many other RBs like Oullette.  Oullette looks like a WWE wrestler yet I haven't seen Riderfans forum accuse him of "juicing".

Also ironic is that many around me at the '22 GC were actively cheering for AH33 even though they hated AH33 and hated WPG.  They said they decided they hated WPG more, and thus cheered Andrew, the supposed "juicer"  :o :o ::) ::)
Never go full Rider!