Blue Bombers at Riders Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, August 25, 2023, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Heading to practice tomorrow. Will be interesting to see who is on the field. Hope to see Haba and Grant out there.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on August 29, 2023, 10:41:20 PM
Heading to practice tomorrow. Will be interesting to see who is on the field. Hope to see Haba and Grant out there.
+1 Grant out there would be a huge boon!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

This is my 20th year in a row attending and first time I think it has not been sold out.

Crazy to think it will not eventually sell out. I do not get it in the province of Sask!

GOLDMEMBER

Just watching the previous Rider game this year with Harris in there.

Grant sure is a weapon!

TecnoGenius

I would think that if we shut down the run (like we've done since Wilson came back) then we should have no problems.  If SSK is smart they'll rely heavily on the run to take the pressure off noobie Dolegala.  He looks like he can throw a bit, and was doing well in his last game.

We'll probably do our normal thing of taking away the run and deep game and make him throw those 8 yard outs all night.  Then maybe Willie will smack one down, or Houston/Rose can jump one for an INT.

I expect the SSK D and ST to play very hard.
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

Dolegala doesn't worries me. Alford does since we are giving too much yardage on the return game.

Doublezero

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 30, 2023, 01:10:16 AM
+1 Grant out there would be a huge boon!
Gut feeling that Grant will be at practice tomorrow :)
Just gimme the rock.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Doublezero on August 30, 2023, 04:07:52 AM
I sure like your Gut. :D

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Doublezero on August 30, 2023, 04:07:52 AM
.hope you're right about that....having him back will be exciting and add another dimension to our STs.  Would be great to get Miller back on STs as well however we haven't received any update on him forever....
Bomber fan for life

bwiser

I wonder if Nicholls will be at practice. I get a feeling he will get a day off after getting dinged in the Montreal game.I don't expect him to miss the Rider game.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bwiser on August 30, 2023, 04:19:13 PM
I wonder if Nicholls will be at practice. I get a feeling he will get a day off after getting dinged in the Montreal game.I don't expect him to miss the Rider game.

He might be limited on the 1st day. He did return against the Als. He had a head / neck / knocked woozy issue. Since they let him return to the game it doesn't sound serious. OTOH there is no issue if he gets more of a vet limited practice today and even tomorrow. He knows his assignments.

I don't think we'll have any roster changes this week. A couple might be ready for next week to come off 6 game IR.  Like every week, hopefully there are no new injuries.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Ed Tait
Janarion Grant is running end zone sprints today at
@Wpg_BlueBombers
practice but doesn?t look like he will be participating

Thiadric Hansen, Malik Clements and Celestin Haba all practising too
First time this year for Hansen.
@Wpg_BlueBombers

Jeff Hamilton
Thiadric Hansen back at Bombers practice, the first time since suffering an Achilles injury in last year's LDC. #Bombers

Derek Taylor

LB Malik Clements practicing as well. He went on 6-game July 19 as well. So it?s his first week back to practice without coming off. #Bombers

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on August 30, 2023, 05:02:39 PM
Ed Tait
Janarion Grant is running end zone sprints today at
@Wpg_BlueBombers
practice but doesn?t look like he will be participating

Thiadric Hansen, Malik Clements and Celestin Haba all practising too
First time this year for Hansen.
@Wpg_BlueBombers

Jeff Hamilton
Thiadric Hansen back at Bombers practice, the first time since suffering an Achilles injury in last year's LDC. #Bombers

Derek Taylor

LB Malik Clements practicing as well. He went on 6-game July 19 as well. So it?s his first week back to practice without coming off. #Bombers

That's very encouraging to hear they've started taking some practice reps. The 1st week will be limited but we could see some changes for Banjo Bowl.  Grant doesn't really need to practice per see. Just get into game condition without needing to run full speed on returns in practice.

On the downside, still nothing about Miller.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Derek Taylor
LB Shayne Gauthier not dressed for today?s practice. He returned to action last week vs. Montreal
Haven?t seen LB Jesse Briggs today either.

LXTSN

Feels great to have so many healthy this time of year!