Montreal @ Winnipeg Thursday August 24th.

Started by Pigskin, August 19, 2023, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

I'm hoping that the home field crowd shows Montreal what real fan noise sounds like versus artificial horns

pjrocksmb

Over 30k sold!!!!
Make some noise

The Thursday games don't draw a good crowd theory out the window!!!!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2023, 09:28:42 PM
Gauthier was the only player on IR fully practising. I expect him back this week but who does he bump off the AR? Alexander is not injured but not practising. Is that a vet day for him?

My guess only....

Gauthier for Burtenshaw
Parker for Alexander (if he can't go)

at Safety, Hallett starts, Parker rotates (and probably get some turns at  return game)
at SAM, the usual - Kramdi starts, Darby and/or Exume rotates
... and Jackson still will be in the lineup

pjrocksmb

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on August 23, 2023, 12:28:12 AM
My guess only....

Gauthier for Burtenshaw
Parker for Alexander (if he can't go)

at Safety, Hallett starts, Parker rotates (and probably get some turns at  return game)
at SAM, the usual - Kramdi starts, Darby and/or Exume rotates
... and Jackson still will be in the lineup
Agree all

Pete

when was the last time we started 9 nationals?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on August 23, 2023, 01:59:32 AM
  when was the last time we started 9 nationals?

I don't think it happens.  We're not gonna do it.  I think it would be a sad statement on our scouting and rostering at the DB position if we are forced to start 9 NATs in a game against a possibly tough "#2 in the E" opponent.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 21, 2023, 03:29:11 PM
I think I'd take a rusty Fajardo but Evans doesn't scare me. It would be another slow rush, contain kind of look from our front, similar to the Edmonton game if we see Evans. If he's a pocket passer, he'd be in for a long night.

Evans played well last game, much better than in the past.  It was slowing down for him, and that's scary.  I think his weaknesses though are the same ones he's always had: poor reads and decisions.  I think he can be tricked and flustered into tossing potential INTs.

He's not as much of a runner as the newer young upstarts, but he'll still go for 30-40y a game, so contain and spy-ish D is a must.  If we leave the middle or boundary open, he'll take it for 15.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 21, 2023, 03:04:30 PM
I always believed Matt to be a game manager and a decent QB yet he wasn't capable of making that type of play.    

The funny thing is, right now many teams would kill for a 2019 Nichols level QB, "game manager" or not.

Also just made me realize it was Big Stan who whiffed on Lemon that got Nichols ruined... This time around the new team has Lemon on the right so it'll be Yoshi's job to have a stellar game.  And at least Lemon can't take Zach from the blind side.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

depth chart is out...Zach is back and Gauthier in for Burtenshaw

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on August 23, 2023, 02:54:41 PM
depth chart is out...Zach is back and Gauthier in for Burtenshaw

Parker back on the practice roster.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 23, 2023, 03:05:43 PM
Parker back on the practice roster.

Really? That's a bit of a surprise. Roster isn't updated yet but I'll check later. Was Burtenshaw moved to PR as well? That should mean at least 1 deletion from the current PR which is at max number of players.

Could be McGhee as the odd man out with ADS and Parker as extra DB's. I wonder if we release one of Fox or Garbutt?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 23, 2023, 03:10:31 PM
Really? That's a bit of a surprise. Roster isn't updated yet but I'll check later. Was Burtenshaw moved to PR as well? That should mean at least 1 deletion from the current PR which is at max number of players.

Yes and yes. Tyrique McGhee and Chris Ivy.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 23, 2023, 03:11:55 PM
Yes and yes. Tyrique McGhee and Chris Ivy.

Ivy was around for a long time but we have many extra OL at the moment. If he doesn't get signed elsewhere we might see him competing back in 2024 if they were impressed. 
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

My wife is amazing!