Montreal @ Winnipeg Thursday August 24th.

Started by Pigskin, August 19, 2023, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 23, 2023, 03:05:43 PM
Parker back on the practice roster.

Wow that's a surprise, there's obviously a new pecking order.  Wonder where Lawrence ranks now?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 23, 2023, 06:06:30 PM
Wow that's a surprise, there's obviously a new pecking order.  Wonder where Lawrence ranks now?

He's back on the 6-game.

M.O.A.B.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 23, 2023, 06:24:17 PM
He's back on the 6-game.

For now, but not sure he's starting when he comes back, hard to displace Holms or Houston with the seasons they're having.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 23, 2023, 11:31:54 PM
For now, but not sure he's starting when he comes back, hard to displace Holms or Houston with the seasons they're having.

He definitely is not.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 23, 2023, 06:24:17 PM
He's back on the 6-game.

Really?  Then that would mean he really is nicked up (even if just a little) still?  I don't recall Mafia "cheating"/hiding guys on the 6GIR that much, if at all?  We may toy with the 1GIR at times, but 6G?

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 24, 2023, 12:52:15 AM
He definitely is not.

I still wouldn't bet money on that.  If he has a chronic nick that just won't stop bugging him that could explain everything.  Holm is good, but is he lights-out better than Parker??  Parker was money in 2022, in season and all through the playoffs.  He's not Nichols or Alford good, but he's darn good.  He's at least Houston good.

We'll never know until Parker is fully healed and rostered fully and then either PR'd or AR'd and starting.

Nice to see Gauthier back.  One of the smartest football IQs on the field for his ST situations, and deceptively fast.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 24, 2023, 01:03:11 AM
Really?  Then that would mean he really is nicked up (even if just a little) still?  I don't recall Mafia "cheating"/hiding guys on the 6GIR that much, if at all?  We may toy with the 1GIR at times, but 6G?

I still wouldn't bet money on that.  If he has a chronic nick that just won't stop bugging him that could explain everything.  Holm is good, but is he lights-out better than Parker??  Parker was money in 2022, in season and all through the playoffs.  He's not Nichols or Alford good, but he's darn good.  He's at least Houston good.

We'll never know until Parker is fully healed and rostered fully and then either PR'd or AR'd and starting.

Nice to see Gauthier back.  One of the smartest football IQs on the field for his ST situations, and deceptively fast.

1. They were talking about Lawrence

2. Parker is and has been healthy. They?re choosing to keep him off the roster.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on August 24, 2023, 02:59:40 AM
1. They were talking about Lawrence

2. Parker is and has been healthy. They?re choosing to keep him off the roster.

Ah you're right!

Wow!  Parker is off the IR and benched to the PR, actually as a fact?  So Holm beat out Parker for the spot, legit for real?  I'm legit shocked.  I know the DBs are our most fluid position, but it's not often you see MOS bench the guy off the IR in favor of the temp replacement!

Can someone think of the last one (excluding Matt/Zach, which was a bit different in any event)?

Well good for Holm, and good for us as we have a legit #1 starter as the depth guy.  Now, this would be a real player I could see a team sniping from the PR?
Never go full Rider!

bwiser

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 23, 2023, 11:31:54 PM
I would add that ADS may be ahead of Lawrence on the depth chart as well. I rewatched the game against Montreal earlier this season and ADS was on Mack and for the most part won that battle.