Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on February 11, 2024, 03:34:55 AMJets played an excellent 1st. period. Could have been 3-4 nothing. Terrible 2nd. period. Played a pretty good 3rd. period. Helle and Jarry were both excellent. PK excellent, PP terrible. Jets have a few days to work on there PP.

The powerplay is embarrassing. I have no idea why it continues to struggle.

Fun fact: Monahan has won 55.6% of his face-offs since joining the Jets.

Glad to get back in the win column, anyway.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Jockitch

Truly was a hard fought game vs the Pens and certainly pleased that HellB was "hot" in the nets

The PP is most definitely hurting their ability to put a dent in the oppositions effort

Wonder if there is a PP point man, on the market, that can ripper and give the Jets a "new" threat 
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

CP91 with one point in the last 10 games. GV13 not much better. Both need to get there O game going.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Chemistry takes time. Hopefully the second line can progress in short order and find the back of the net in the coming games.
#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_or_die

Need to capitalize on a bottom feeder sharks team tonight and gain some confidence before a huge test Saturday in Vancouver. Would be nice to Be on a two game win streak going into that game. No excuse tonight- if we manage to lose this gimme game we are absolutely in a slump. But enough negativity, let's build off the morale boost we got on Saturday against the pens and continue to move on and get back to our winning ways.
#Ride?

J5V

My biggest concern is the power play. We can't seem to score on it and we actually get scored on! The common denominator seems to be Brad Lauer. A little research showed that the ducks may have got rid of Lauer for the exact same reason - lack of production on the power play. Does anyone have any other takes on this problem or does Mr. Lauer need to go? I know Bones and Brad are kind of a package deal but if we don't get this ironed out soon it's bound to cost someone their job.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Well did see much of this game, took my wife to see One Love, the new Bob Marley movie. Saw the last 7 minutes of the game. Didn't see NE27???

Helle with shutout #35.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on February 15, 2024, 03:36:40 AMWell did see much of this game, took my wife to see One Love, the new Bob Marley movie. Saw the last 7 minutes of the game. Didn't see NE27???

Helle with shutout #35.

Bounced to the 4th line for some reason.

Good for the D for only allowing 18 shots. Good for Helle for stopping them all. But one goal on 40+ shots against a bottom feeder like the Sharks? My word....
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Solid defensive game and Hellebuyck was his usual self.

But only one goal scored. Against the bottom feeding Sharks. And it was a greasy one by the third line.

Where has the offense gone?
#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Yes, Baron was out with Lowry and Apps. I am wondering if 62/23/13 mite be a better 2nd. line??? Or do they go back to 27/55/13 and put 81/23/?.  27/55/13 was a good line when Connor was out. Baron could easily slide into the left side with 17/22.

Jockitch

Geez, as others have said ....... where has the offense gone
Kudos to HellB, the D-men and nice save by Scheif's knee and then the sweep away to safety

Speaking on the line (possible) juggling ...... send Perfetti to 4th line and use Barron with SM#23 & Ehlers
Move Vilardi with Scheif and KC   
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Big game tomorrow. Vancouver has some weapons. They also have a pretty good PP. Should be a good game.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on February 16, 2024, 05:26:00 PMBig game tomorrow. Vancouver has some weapons. They also a pretty good PP. Should be a good game.

An absolutely perfect time for a dominate performance.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

I would think Helle will start. BD5 is back. I really hope our PP starts to click.