Dillon really mucked up last night.

Just an ugly game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

theaardvark

Well, there goes the cup...

Too soon?

They looked terrible last night.  2nd line is going to need some time, I know, as is the first PP unit.  New guy and all.  And the 4th line, I expected them to be exciting, and they seemed out of sync too.

The Dillon penalty, I'm not sold on it.  Sure, he drove hard into the play, but he did not shift his shoulder or target the head, he just happened to place his shoulder where the other guys head happened to be going, and BOOM. Incidental, and a penalty, sure, but not a match penalty or suspension (expected).  You have to be responsible for your stick and other parts, but I can't see how they could argue he targeted the head, I don't think he was even looking at him.

And that penalty ended the game.  A glimpse of hope got called back on an obvious offside that the linesman should have called before the Jets got the boost/let down of scoring.

Really need a step up by everyone in Philly tomorrow.  Lose then and its "Bag skate Friday"... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 07, 2024, 03:44:05 PMhttps://www.nhl.com/news/winnipeg-jets-brenden-dillon-to-have-player-safety-hearing

Probably going to miss a couple at least.

Dillon can't put himself in that position. Dillon is not a dirty player, but that was clearly a head shot.

Dillon is a big part of our PK. NS88 isn't strong enough to move players out from the front of the net.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 07, 2024, 06:54:40 PMJonsson-Fjallby clears waivers, assigned to the Moose: https://illegalcurve.com/axel-jonsson-fjallby-clears-waivers-winnipeg-jets-will-assign-him-to-the-manitoba-moose/

Wow... thought his play of late would have gotten someone to take a flyer on him... great news for the Moose though.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 07, 2024, 07:26:57 PMWow... thought his play of late would have gotten someone to take a flyer on him... great news for the Moose though.

I have no idea what the basis is for your claim. It's not all that surprising he cleared waivers.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on February 07, 2024, 07:26:57 PMWow... thought his play of late would have gotten someone to take a flyer on him... great news for the Moose though.

He's already been sent down to the Moose this season.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on February 07, 2024, 11:21:57 PM3 games for Dillon.

Not surprising. Hopefully the team can get back on track in his absence.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 08, 2024, 01:10:27 PMNot surprising. Hopefully the team can get back on track in his absence.

I'm surprised. I can think of much worse offences by players with more a history that received far less.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

I thought it would be 2-5 games. I was hoping no more then 2 games, but I am okay with 3 games.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on February 08, 2024, 02:32:02 PMI'm surprised. I can think of much worse offences by players with more a history that received far less.

Oh, no doubt. But the DOPS is rarely consistent in its disciplinary rulings, especially since Parros took the helm. Infractions seem to exist in a vacuum and every ruling is ostensibly arbitrary.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

theaardvark

Well, without Chisholm in the box, Stanley is next man up. 

What will he bring in his 3 game showcase?  Is he ready?  We have a couple pending FA's on the blueline, and Dillon recently changed representation, so we are going to need some of our prospects to step up.  Stanley and Heinola being the next two in line. 

If Stanley shows poorly, does Heinola get the call?

blue_gold_84

Chisholm is still in the press box - just with a different team.

I'd prefer Heinola get another look over Stanley. I think the latter is pretty useless.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.