Official Game Day Thread - Edmonton at Winnipeg - July 20, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, July 18, 2023, 05:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewBlue

Quote from: Pete on July 19, 2023, 11:12:55 PM
Hopefully Cole gets some reps in at linebacker, I'd like to see how he does, hes been with the team 2 years and all hes done it seems is play special teams which he does well at. Same applies to Cadwallader. They both seem to have good tackling abilities and decent speed. Hard to evaluate what we haven't seen

I would bet that he spells Kramdi often.

kkc60

Quote from: NewBlue on July 20, 2023, 12:02:42 AM
I would bet that he spells Kramdi often.
also, does Darby count as a nationalized american meaning he can play a certain amount of snaps in lieu of Kramdi?

theaardvark

Quote from: kkc60 on July 20, 2023, 12:19:51 AM
also, does Darby count as a nationalized american meaning he can play a certain amount of snaps in lieu of Kramdi?

We are starting 8 Nats, so regard Kramdi as the 8th NAT on the starters depth chart, so any American can sub for him... because then we'd still have 7 Nat starters... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

gobombersgo

Quote from: theaardvark on July 19, 2023, 10:53:32 PM
FB is not his "position", just his place on the depth chart... he is a special teams guy and a swiss army knife...

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/05/10/you-just-ask-him-and-hell-line-up-and-do-it-hes-a-tough-dude-hes-mature/

His natural position is Long Snapper / DE.  He earned his spot on Nebraska's team in an open tryout at MLB.  He moved to OLB/DE... but he will play any spot he depth chart if asked.  So having him on the AR might make for a surprise depending on injuries...

Full back is where he works out at practice. So yes you can call that his position.

M.O.A.B.

Crazy questionable depth chart. Osh over-think this one.  :-\

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 20, 2023, 02:44:18 AM
Full back is where he works out at practice. So yes you can call that his position.
I look forward to this implementation!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Ducky

Nervous...bombers reeling after that crushing loss vs Ottawa.  Elks on a massive losing streak. Injuries. Inconsistent play.  Age catching up on several key players.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Ducky on July 20, 2023, 06:25:40 AM
Nervous...bombers reeling after that crushing loss vs Ottawa.  Elks on a massive losing streak. Injuries. Inconsistent play.  Age catching up on several key players.

Nervous? Really? We will smoke em. Too many factors in our favour. Crowd, Lawler returning, pissed from last week, night game.
We will be fun, have fun with it.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Ducky

After absolutely dominating Ottawa in the first half the entire team simply failed in the second half. Ottawa made adjustments and the Bombers were simply incapable of doing anything about it.  That makes me nervous.

The team is wildly inconsistent.  On paper they should destroy the Elks.  The Elks cant go winless, can they?

Waffler

My only worry is the short week after looking tired in Ottawa. Edmonton remains a circus and the Bombers should be highly motivated. The Bombers can't be caught thinking about the bye week (last year!)and the BC Game.  Jones time in the CFL comes one day closer to an end.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

3rdand1.5

pjrocksmb

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on July 20, 2023, 02:42:48 PM
Not along the D-line......
Keep the boys fresh and strong but yup we a wee bit lean

blue_gold_84

A 4-2 record would indicate this team isn't wildly inconsistent at all. Last week's collapse and OT loss isn't the trend here.

This is a team that bounces back from a loss and knows what it takes to win consistently.

Play a smart, clean, disciplined game and there's no reason to think they won't win tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.