Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

After the Ottawa game, it is crucial...

- that we handily beat Edmonton,
- that we have improved protection for ZC8,
- that we have a balanced attack - including an effective running game,
- that we go into the first bye week at 5 and 2, not 4 and 3,
- that all 3 facets of the game show up ready to play 60 minutes of football,
- that we protect our home field advantage and give the fans something to cheer about.

Not a great deal to be said except to play #forthewin.

Kenny Lawler's presence on the field creates an instant advantage as he will require extra attention from Edmonton's D.

In for the Bombers: #7 Parker, #17 Kramdi, #48 Jackson, #89 Lawler

Out for the Bombers: #16 Kelly, #33 Clements, #45 Haba, #86 Agudosi

Game Preview by Ed Tait... https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/07/19/game-preview-edm-vs-wpg-6/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bombers Depth Chart...

https://twitter.com/EdTaitWFC/status/1681691012949737473/photo/1

Elks Depth Chart...

https://www.goelks.com/2023/07/19/depth-chart-week-7-elks-at-blue-bombers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

The Basics

Kickoff: Thursday, 7:30 p.m. CDT, IG Field, Winnipeg

TV: TSN;
U.S. and International live streaming: https://www.cfl.ca/plus

Radio: 680 CJOB

Last meeting: Winnipeg 48 Edmonton 11 last October 8th at IG Field.

PlayNow odds: The Blue Bombers are favoured by 15.5 points. For more betting options, click here.

Your attention please...: The Blue Bombers will be wearing their white jerseys - normally reserved for road games - Thursday against the Elks. Fans are encouraged to do the same as part of the club's now annual 'Wear White' game.

The uniform combos for the rest of the home schedule:

August 3: home blue jersey, gold pants
    August 24: home blue jersey, gold pants
    September 9: alternate blue jersey, blue pants
    September 29: Orange jerseys for warmup, Indigenous logo on helmet, home blue jersey, and gold pants for the game
    October 21: home blue jersey, gold pants, pink laces, and tape
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

@DarrinBauming

19m
Intriguing roster construction for Winnipeg this week, especially with changes at linebacker. Maruo starts over Briggs who filled-in vs OTT after Clements went down, and Kramdi, now healthy, starts over Darby at dime.

Parker makes his season debut.

Blue In BC

Not sure about roster management once again. We lost Haba and Clements to 6 game IR. I understand injuries happening and that Wilson is not quite ready to return this week. We'll see how Maruo and Kramdi do at WIL and SAM.

We keep losing 1 or 2 players a week to 6 game IR.

My bigger issue is why has the team not brought in other DE's and LB's to evaluate on the PR? Cole seems to be an after thought anywhere besides ST's. Jackson is back at FB?

Our use of our DI's doesn't seem astute for lack of a better word.

If we win, nobody will care about these changes.  I question some of the holdovers on our PR when we should be looking at some new bodies.

Parker as a punt returner and McCrae as a KR only ( in theory ). I hope that combination improves our field position. It shows how significant losing Grant has become.

We'll see if Parker sees the field often on defence with scheme adjustments due to changes at LB.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 19, 2023, 04:22:48 PM
Not sure about roster management once again. We lost Haba and Clements to 6 game IR. I understand injuries happening and that Wilson is not quite ready to return this week. We'll see how Maruo and Kramdi do at WIL and SAM.

We keep losing 1 or 2 players a week to 6 game IR.

My bigger issue is why has the team not brought in other DE's and LB's to evaluate on the PR? Cole seems to be an after thought anywhere besides ST's. Jackson is back at FB?

Our use of our DI's doesn't seem astute for lack of a better word.

If we win, nobody will care about these changes.  I question some of the holdovers on our PR when we should be looking at some new bodies.

Without Habba in relief how long before Jeffcoat ends up back on the 6-game, Bennett sure can't pick up the slack and the Jeffs need rotation.  We'll probably see a lot more of Walker lining up on the outside to compensate.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 19, 2023, 04:27:58 PM
Without Habba in relief how long before Jeffcoat ends up back on the 6-game, Bennett sure can't pick up the slack and the Jeffs need rotation.  We'll probably see a lot more of Walker lining up on the outside to compensate.

Can't tell if this will result in another injury or problem with Jeffcoat. Does the team think so little of Fox that we don't add him for some depth on the DL?

This season:

Lost one DI on defence adding Castillo as our PK
Lost one G on defence adding Sheahan as our punter.
Lost one DI on defence potentially adding in a 2nd returner after losing Grant.

Now I realize that McCrae and Parker could both see the field this week in roles besides returners. That a question of schemes / utilization. Last week we had Agusodi and I don'tt hink he saw the field at all. I also realize we don't have a healthy Hansen so far this season.

Can't help but question whether that was the best option.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

I don't really see our defence being better vs who started the Ottawa game...I guess we will see. 

Hopefully Kyrie is back after the bye

NewBlue

Add me to the list of those wondering why we don't have DE & LB help.

Agree with the original post and the "Crucial Points", especially #4. 

Just win baby.

GOLDMEMBER

Real nice primer Modadmin

I to am confused on the severe lack of any depth at DL. Yikes!

Go Kenny Go

OL needs to have an A game!

4-3 sounds dreadful this cannot happen with this talent on the roster.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

3rdand1.5

The lack of D-line depth is extremely confusing. it was before, but now what we have Bennet who has done nothing but take a bad penalty all season as a main rotational DE?

Do we have such poor depth that both Kramdi and Mauro are starting LB's....I am honestly beginning to question if we have the worst front 7 (including depth and rotation pieces) in the CFL? If Edm. sustains any long offensive drives we don't seem to have enough D-line to rotate to even try and keep guys from getting gassed, which is one of the reasons we lost last week. Colour me confused. But we can fit on an American FB???

Oh well, just win and it all get's glossed over...but if we don't win some serious questions regarding the roster and lack of depth need to be raised......

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

LXTSN

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on July 19, 2023, 05:38:36 PM
The lack of D-line depth is extremely confusing. it was before, but now what we have Bennet who has done nothing but take a bad penalty all season as a main rotational DE?

Do we have such poor depth that both Kramdi and Mauro are starting LB's....I am honestly beginning to question if we have the worst front 7 (including depth and rotation pieces) in the CFL? If Edm. sustains any long offensive drives we don't seem to have enough D-line to rotate to even try and keep guys from getting gassed, which is one of the reasons we lost last week. Colour me confused. But we can fit on an American FB???

Oh well, just win and it all get's glossed over...but if we don't win some serious questions regarding the roster and lack of depth need to be raised......
Hopefully Wilson is back after the bye, and maybe Kramdi provides something that Darby can't?

The Zipp

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on July 19, 2023, 05:38:36 PM

One injury to Willie and we are the worst...

The Zipp

theaardvark

Interesting, starting 8 Nats and a GLB.  And Jackson in as FB.

Thinking our ST just got a lot nastier, really hope Biggie isn't overloaded having new wingmen. 

Lawler, Schoen, Demski, Bailey and Wolitarski is probably the best Rec corps in the league, AND has 2 Nats. 

Biggest concern is 6 dressed Dlinemen... O has to help by staying on the field alot.  With this rec corps, they may end up making quick series, which can lead to a tilted TOP while the score is tilted the other way...

Odd that they have Eli backing up LG and Dobson at C... I thought Eli was a natural C...

This team is going to come out steaming, and you can bet the Elks are likewise shoulder chipped. 

Another trap game, but I can't see MOS and Hall making the same mistakes two weeks in a row...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.