2023 NFL Season

Started by The Zipp, May 12, 2023, 04:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

It's almost as if the NFL is a sports entertainment juggernaut brimming with riches, so it can do whatever it wants to build on an ever widening audience.

The useless anecdote of yours is at least comical.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

DCM

Quote from: theaardvark on September 28, 2023, 01:17:55 PM
Not miserable, not "target market" for sure, but I find it hilarious that the NFL and Pixar think that this is worthy of spending the time and money on.  Is it trying to build a youth audience?  Is it trying to capture adult animation fans who don't watch sports? 

The Nickleodeon slime games were amusing and maybe it is just this exact response they are looking for, getting people who don't talk about NFL talking about NFL.  The old saying that "any coverage is good coverage as long as they spell your name right" might just be what they are going for, but I can't imagine this attracting very many eyes, TSN doesn't seem to have picked up that feed (my wife wanted me to PVR it, so I searched)

SO there's that, although I don't think a "Toy Story" version of the game will get my wife to watch NFL regularly, or bet on it...
The Toy Story game is on TSN+.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

theaardvark

Quote from: DCM on September 29, 2023, 11:46:44 AM
The Toy Story game is on TSN+.

$8/mth subscription streaming service... unfortunate.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on September 29, 2023, 01:18:07 PM
$8/mth subscription streaming service... unfortunate.

**gasp**

Not $8!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 29, 2023, 01:50:28 PM
**gasp**

Not $8!

Yup, $8 per MONTH.. so you can see things like TOy Story NFL... and "The Ocho"...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 29, 2023, 01:50:28 PM
**gasp**

Not $8!

I think I have like 8 different streaming services at this point. TSN+ doesn't make the cut, unfortunately.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Apparently Disney had it too... just not in Canada I guess

GOLDMEMBER

HaHa My Bills showed who is bloody boss in the AFC East! Allen and co were dynamic. Smothering D in the second half.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

The Toy Story game was well received from what I could see.  I don't subscribe to TSN+ but there were enough clips of it on social media for me to see that it was pretty cool.  NFL is so far ahead in some things it isn't even funny.

Matt Canada is an embarrassment to the country and he isn't even from here...I know it isn't the "Steeler way" to fire coaches but they gotta get him out of there.  The offence is a joke...Joe Burrow is still broken and the Cowboys defence is dominant.  Just kinda ticked off I have to watch the giants in prime time again..

Excited to Mahomes and Kelce live in action this coming weekend!!  I am not sure the Vikings can keep it close - it will be real fun in there if they can - SKOL!!

DCM

What a fun night watching my Giants. Oh man, so much fun. I'm so funned out, I'm going to bed. Yay Giants.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on October 02, 2023, 09:01:09 PM
The Toy Story game was well received from what I could see.  I don't subscribe to TSN+ but there were enough clips of it on social media for me to see that it was pretty cool.  NFL is so far ahead in some things it isn't even funny.

Matt Canada is an embarrassment to the country and he isn't even from here...I know it isn't the "Steeler way" to fire coaches but they gotta get him out of there.  The offence is a joke...Joe Burrow is still broken and the Cowboys defence is dominant.  Just kinda ticked off I have to watch the giants in prime time again..

Excited to Mahomes and Kelce live in action this coming weekend!!  I am not sure the Vikings can keep it close - it will be real fun in there if they can - SKOL!!

Vikings game was super fun..the stadium experience is great - they even have fake snow falling from inside the stadium.  They just played too sloppy to beat the champs, too many drops, too big of a cushion on recievers and burning their time outs waaaay too early

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on October 09, 2023, 02:20:14 AM
Vikings game was super fun..the stadium experience is great - they even have fake snow falling from inside the stadium.  They just played too sloppy to beat the champs, too many drops, too big of a cushion on recievers and burning their time outs waaaay too early
Nice be ther live to see Chiefs Chargers the. Vikings Niners back to back in 2 weeks. Can?t wait! Sadly I miss the home Elk game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 09, 2023, 10:16:46 PM
Nice be ther live to see Chiefs Chargers the. Vikings Niners back to back in 2 weeks. Can?t wait! Sadly I miss the home Elk game.

That will be a great trip - driving straight to KC in one day?  I don't think the Vikes can hang with the 49ers - that team is stacked!  Never been to Arrowhead but it looks like it would be a blast!

blue_gold_84

Niners look like the real deal in the NFC. I think only the Eagles can hang with them.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 09, 2023, 10:16:46 PM

How is my buddy Goldy doing?  Great Vikings game so far