2023 Manitoba Fishing Regulations

Started by Pigskin, April 02, 2023, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Well, Fish and Game was out again this weekend. The focus this weekend was boat safety, and they were handing out a lot of tickets. Also, many Manitoba fishermen believe if they have a Manitoba license, they can fish in Ontario, This is not true. In Manitoba at the age of 16 you are required to buy a fishing license, however in Ontario you are not require to by a fishing license or your outdoor card until your 18.

Under sized and over sized fish was another big issue.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

It's bummy anglers like those who give the rest of us a bad name, which is to say nothing of them ruining habitats and putting needless stress on fish populations with their insufferable stupidity. I'm glad to hear the COs were out; they must be pretty busy dealing with all the dummies.

Man, it's staggering how many idiots seemed to have come out of the woodwork the last few years.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

Just got back from a little Manitoba fishing trip. Started in Pine Falls. A few nice walleye but pretty slow fishing. My buddy likes the anchor and jig method. Not my cup of tea, but it was his boat.

Moved on to Lac Du Bonnet. Slow fishing to begin with, so started trolling with bottom bounces and little joe's. Landed a couple of beauties so we threw out the anchor and jigged for awhile with 3/8 oz. green/white jigs and frozen minnows. Caught a couple of small walleye, but nothing we could keep. So, back to trolling with little joe's and worm harness in 12-16'of water and ended up with a number of very nice walleye's.

Up to Bird River. Had a nice wind so we did some drift fishing with 5/8 oz bottom bouncers and little joe's. Fairly steady fishing, but not  a lot of keeper.   

Pigskin

Well, two cooler windy days in Kenora. This plays right into the way I like to fish. I love drift fishing. 3/4 to 1 ounce bottom bouncer with a lindy jig. The fish seem to still be deep, about 18-22' of water. Walleye's are steady. Small mouth and Perch are pretty much one after another on spinners in swallow water.