Remaining Blue Bomber Free Agents as of January 9, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, January 09, 2023, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on February 14, 2023, 06:34:44 PM
I guess John Hodge had his wires crossed on this one.

USFL has already been filling rosters so he may not catch on down there.

Only about 97 potential free agents that haven't landed yet.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 14, 2023, 06:34:18 PM
Still nothing recorded about Bailey or Adams.

Apparently no longer on Bomber radar: Maston, Taylor, Ellingson, Couture, Sayles and probably Prukop.

Ellingson:  Montreal
Couture:  BC
Sayles:  Hamilton
Purkop:  USFL
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Prukop is 3rd on the DC behind Brown, and our SY QB.  So, I get it, there are better opportunities to play out there.  And I wish him luck.  It would be cool to see him tear up the USFL after being a #3 CFL QB... and a USFL gig is going to be closer to home and pay more.

Have to to whats best for you.  now, next man up.  O'Conner?  Is there a UofM guy that might slot in?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 14, 2023, 06:34:18 PM
Still nothing recorded about Bailey or Adams.

Apparently no longer on Bomber radar: Maston, Taylor, Ellingson, Couture, Sayles and probably Prukop.

Ellingson signed with MTL.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

theaardvark

So, with Bailey to CGY, Prukop to USFL, Ellingson to MTL, that about finishes off the roster, right?

Keion Adams, Mercy Maston, Nic Taylor left on our board.

Rate the FA action, are we weaker, same or stronger than we ended the year? 

The roster as it sits looks pretty darned good to me, and we still have no idea what is coming in camp.  Do we have another Schoen coming in?  Will one of the new DB's jump off the page?  How have the injured rehabbed?  Does Brown take the next step?

Being a betting favourite for the GC right now is good, lets hope that the horrible for betting odds come true.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on February 14, 2023, 08:07:28 PM
So, with Bailey to CGY, Prukop to USFL, Ellingson to MTL, that about finishes off the roster, right?

Keion Adams, Mercy Maston, Nic Taylor left on our board.

Rate the FA action, are we weaker, same or stronger than we ended the year? 

The roster as it sits looks pretty darned good to me, and we still have no idea what is coming in camp.  Do we have another Schoen coming in?  Will one of the new DB's jump off the page?  How have the injured rehabbed?  Does Brown take the next step?

Being a betting favourite for the GC right now is good, lets hope that the horrible for betting odds come true.

We're weaker at the moment.

Adding Lawler is great but we lose Bailey and Ellingson.

Lost Couture but added Eli. Couture was the starter but Kolankowski was next up. Long term advantage, short term maybe?

No specific replacement for Sayles or Adams. So that's a TBD.

Losing Taylor and Maston was expected but depth hurt for the moment.

Aside from that the team is fairly intact overall.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Lawler and whoever (Agudosi, Mcrae or a rookie) is more dangerous than Ellingson and Bailey hence why we signed him
Sayles is a loss
Eli and Kolankowski offsets Couture

As for Maston and Taylor weve replaced their depth with Parker Holm and Lawrence who have all now had added experience so I count that as a plus

To me i think its a toss up over improvement but if we find an adequate repacement for sayles we will be better

BlueGold8597

Yes. Lawler is the best receiver in the league. Bailey and Ellingson are average at best. They both lack speed and we had too many similar players (possession receivers with limited speed but great route running and smarts) last year. Now we have a proper mix between blocking, route running and smarts (Schoen, Wolitarsky) along with deep threats (Lawler and Agudosi) and someone who just does a bit of everything (Demski).

Anyone who can't see that we've MASSIVELY improved in the receiving corps has hater-tinged glasses on. We probably have the best receivers in the league for Zack to throw to. IT's going to be fun to watch. Glad I have my tickets!

Quote from: Pete on February 14, 2023, 08:59:03 PM
Lawler and whoever (Agudosi, Mcrae or a rookie) is more dangerous than Ellingson and Bailey hence why we signed him
Sayles is a loss
Eli and Kolankowski offsets Couture

As for Maston and Taylor weve replaced their depth with Parker Holm and Lawrence who have all now had added experience so I count that as a plus

To me i think its a toss up over improvement but if we find an adequate repacement for sayles we will be better

Pigskin

We need a receiver. Could Adams make a return.

DT ?

Short yardage QB?

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on February 14, 2023, 09:27:59 PM
We need a receiver. Could Adams make a return.

DT ?

Short yardage QB?

Certainly could use some backups, but I think the receiving core is set with Lawler, Schoen, Demski, Woli, BOLO and Agudosi.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 14, 2023, 08:36:06 PM
We're weaker at the moment.

Adding Lawler is great but we lose Bailey and Ellingson.

Lost Couture but added Eli. Couture was the starter but Kolankowski was next up. Long term advantage, short term maybe?

No specific replacement for Sayles or Adams. So that's a TBD.

Losing Taylor and Maston was expected but depth hurt for the moment.

Aside from that the team is fairly intact overall.

Kicker? :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

kkc60

Dline needs some depth brought. Jeffcoat missed time with injury and Walker is unproven at best

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 14, 2023, 10:39:58 PM
Kicker? :D

I have no problem with Liegghio. It was his 1st year as a full time starter. Every TC we bring in competition but I don't expect a change. I imagine some posters will be complaining all TC and all season regardless of whether he improves or not.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 14, 2023, 10:00:23 PM
Certainly could use some backups, but I think the receiving core is set with Lawler, Schoen, Demski, Woli, BOLO and Agudosi.
For sure, would love to have kept Bailey but whatever, there?s only 1 football and we have more than enough quality receivers. Lawler makes a huge difference. We d have won the cup this year with him but will have to settle winning this year?s cup with him