Off Season News - Other CFL Teams

Started by ModAdmin, December 02, 2022, 04:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Is Harris an upgrade on Fajardo? 

Or was Fajardo bad because of his OC, OL and the team in general?

I can't see SSK improving unless we see some interesting signings for the Oline... or if they get really lucky in the Draft, or get lucky in signing talent off other teams cuts/PR's

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Harris is at least 3x better than CoFaj.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Shaq Evans says he's leaving Regina. Didn't say if he going somewhere in particular?  He was their 2nd leading receiver / target.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blueandgoldguy on February 11, 2023, 10:01:21 PM
O'day proving his terrible GM skills from last year are no fluke lol.  Saskatchewan's o-line will continue to be crap next year so adding a better Qb in Harris won't make much of a difference as he will be running for his life or flat on his butt.  You love to see it in Saskatchewan! ;D

Yes, he may be the most incompetent league-wide, except for maybe MTL's GM.

Quote from: theaardvark on February 12, 2023, 06:57:01 PM
Is Harris an upgrade on Fajardo

Or was Fajardo bad because of his OC, OL and the team in general?

I can't see SSK improving unless we see some interesting signings for the Oline... or if they get really lucky in the Draft, or get lucky in signing talent off other teams cuts/PR's

Quote from: Jesse on February 12, 2023, 07:02:55 PM
Harris is at least 3x better than CoFaj.

T.Harris is absolutely an upgrade over Cody, overall.  Except, T.Harris is not as mobile, nor young enough to still take the hits.  Therefore Harris is a worse choice for SSK because whoever is there is going to be beaten up on every other passing down.

But, the QB change does give the greenie fans some hope and a change of scenery, so that will help lift the ST sales vs if they just stuck with much-hated whiner Fajardo (SSK fans' words, not mine).

The bigger question is: what is SSK doing??  Have they strengthened any unit?  WRs?  OL?  DL?  DBs?  Ok, I guess they are a solid LB unit.  Talk is that their DL will be solid, though I might question that.  The job of the GM is to make changes to upgrade the units, not sit and do nothing or let them get worse!  (Compare with KW...)  SSK's O at the moment looks horrificly anemic, and their D isn't too hot either.  It's about now they're wishing they had C.Jones calling the shots...
Never go full Rider!

the paw

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 12, 2023, 07:08:00 PM
Shaq Evans says he's leaving Regina. Didn't say if he going somewhere in particular?  He was their 2nd leading receiver / target.

Farhan says he is headed to Ottawa.  Likely as a replacement for Darwin Adams, I would bet.

Duke Williams said to be going to Hamilton.

Riders cleaned house on import receivers, and while I am a Weineke fan, they need a stud to replenish the corps.  That means either going all in on Geno Lewis, or serving up an asset to get hold of Rhymes.  I'm not sure there are any other true #1 options available. I guess they could try Ellingson on for size.   
grab grass 'n growl

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on February 13, 2023, 12:58:00 AM
Farhan says he is headed to Ottawa.  Likely as a replacement for Darwin Adams, I would bet.

Riders cleaned house on import receivers, and while I am a Weineke fan, they need a stud to replenish the corps.  That means either going all in on Geno Lewis, or serving up an asset to get hold of Rhymes.  I'm not sure there are any other true #1 options available. I guess they could try Ellingson on for size.  

If that happens I'd guess Bailey could end up as a Rider in a few days.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: the paw on February 13, 2023, 12:58:00 AM

Hamilton would be wise to go after Rhymes instead of Duke Williams, he would also be a great addition for Sask.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 13, 2023, 03:56:50 AM
Hamilton would be wise to go after Rhymes instead of Duke Williams, he would also be a great addition for Sask.

Hamilton is spending lots of SMS in the tampering period. Rhymes wants more money and they would need to give up an asset in trade to get him. I agree he's a better player than Williams but can a deal be worked out they can afford? Also they're locked into the Williams deal now in theory.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 12, 2023, 08:46:28 PM
T.Harris is absolutely an upgrade over Cody, overall.  Except, T.Harris is not as mobile, nor young enough to still take the hits.  Therefore Harris is a worse choice for SSK because whoever is there is going to be beaten up on every other passing down.

But, the QB change does give the greenie fans some hope and a change of scenery, so that will help lift the ST sales vs if they just stuck with much-hated whiner Fajardo (SSK fans' words, not mine).

I will die on the hill that if you have a poor OL, you want a guy with a quick release, not a mobile QB.

CoFaj ran into all his sacks trying to run around. T. Harris will just get it out of there.
My wife is amazing!