Started by ModAdmin, December 02, 2022, 04:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: ModAdmin on January 24, 2023, 04:54:32 PM
Business profile picture
CFL on TSN
@CFLonTSN
2h
INSTANT ANALYSIS: @TSNDaveNaylor on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats signing quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell a three-year contract on Monday - http://tsn.ca/video/~2615492
Given that the Cats now have the longest GC drought on record I can see this unfolding in light of the Grey Cup being played in Hamilton this year.    Given his pedigree he likely could have made more on the market however his main concern was that he wanted to play for a team that was legitimately going out to win the Cup and Hamilton fit the bill for him.    3 years at 500K per season is fair dinkum considering his age and history of recent injuries.    He may yet have enough juice to get it done for them.
Bomber fan for life

ModAdmin

...and remember...

Ed Tait
@EdTaitWFC
3h
FYI, the @Wpg_BlueBombers host Bo and the @Ticats in Week 1 -- June 9th at IG Field.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

lol if I am a TiCat fan I am not sure on this one. Yikes.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 24, 2023, 09:53:41 PM
lol if I am a TiCat fan I am not sure on this one. Yikes.

It's a big gamble.  It may pay off, or it may blow up in their face.  But I like the guts for taking the gamble.  HAM had to do something.  Evans wasn't getting them a GC.

SSK may be rolling the dice this year too, and if TOR loses MBT and keeps Kelly, that's a huge gamble.  Lots of gambling going on in 2023!!
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 25, 2023, 01:51:35 AM
It's a big gamble.  It may pay off, or it may blow up in their face.  But I like the guts for taking the gamble.  HAM had to do something. Evans wasn't getting them a GC.

SSK may be rolling the dice this year too, and if TOR loses MBT and keeps Kelly, that's a huge gamble.  Lots of gambling going on in 2023!!

That's the only thing that matters. They needed a QB to win. Whether this works or not, whether he's overpaid or not, doesn't matter. Because they weren't going to win anyway if they did nothing. Take the shot that Bo has continued to get healthier.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on January 25, 2023, 12:01:16 PM
That's the only thing that matters. They needed a QB to win. Whether this works or not, whether he's overpaid or not, doesn't matter. Because they weren't going to win anyway if they did nothing. Take the shot that Bo has continued to get healthier.
Yup I agree with both Tecno and Jesse. It is a gamble they need to do something of this level to give there fans hope. BLM does that but his recent record is unpleasant. He will need a tremendous supporting cast to say the least to be successful.

Fajardo No
Evans hard No
Kelly likely No

Not to many other viable options out there!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Bombers gambled with Buck Pierce and he took them to the Grey Cup.
Bombers gambled with Zach Collaros and he...well, you know.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on January 25, 2023, 02:17:40 PM
True

jayrock

true that. That was a win win for both the bombers and Zach that came out of a desperation move.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

the paw

I agree that it is a calculated but worthwhile risk for the Cats, but disagree on the comparison to Collaros.

They didn't trade for Collaros until Nichols went down, and gave up very little for him.  Not really a gamble.  I guess you could say that the gamble came when they chose to move on from a recovered Nichols and ride exclusively with Collaros.  But the team already had significant evidence of what Zach could do (and a Grey Cup win in the bank) so it was a limited risk I think.

I guess I wonder if Bo can really regain his form.  I tend to think Evans is a quality QB who just had a really bad run of INTs and untimely fumbles from pushing too hard.  Personally, I would have stuck with Evans, but it realm is an exercise in crystal ball gazing.
grab grass 'n growl

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: the paw on January 25, 2023, 05:17:24 PM
I agree that it is a calculated but worthwhile risk for the Cats, but disagree on the comparison to Collaros.

They didn't trade for Collaros until Nichols went down, and gave up very little for him.  Not really a gamble.  I guess you could say that the gamble came when they chose to move on from a recovered Nichols and ride exclusively with Collaros.  But the team already had significant evidence of what Zach could do (and a Grey Cup win in the bank) so it was a limited risk I think.

I guess I wonder if Bo can really regain his form.  I tend to think Evans is a quality QB who just had a really bad run of INTs and untimely fumbles from pushing too hard.  Personally, I would have stuck with Evans, but it realm is an exercise in crystal ball gazing.
I agree with the TiCats to move on from Evans. I think flakey is a good word to describe Evans. Crazily inconsistent.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on January 25, 2023, 04:30:32 PM
true that. That was a win win for both the bombers and Zach that came out of a desperation move.

Hey jayrock, long time no see.

Quote from: the paw on January 25, 2023, 05:17:24 PM

Evans' problem is between his ears.  He's a bit of a head case.  All that talk about his psych help in the season and he then produces that amazing game, but then instantly goes back to the cellar the game(s) after.  He's over-thinking it and might not have the right disposition for football.

Evans also needs a league-best OL and tons of time because he always wants to take the deep shot.  He gets flustered too easily when the OL won't give him 3.5+ sec.  LOL

But he has a great arm and a quick release and is decent at making reads (sometimes).  He could be really good, but my gut tells me he won't achieve it and will instead keep going down in a head case spiral.  But the CFL needs him because there are not enough "non-crap" QBs to go around.
Never go full Rider!

jayrock

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 25, 2023, 11:14:27 PM
Hey jayrock, long time no see.

I have been around just not posting much, it is nice to participate again. Took some time off from posting here for a while.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on January 26, 2023, 03:46:20 PM
https://3downnation.com/2023/01/25/defensive-backs-coach-alex-suber-leaves-ottawa-redblacks-for-u-s-college-job/

Good for Suber.  It's funny, some of the guys you think will be future coaches just disappear, and some you never expect become life-long coaches.  Suber seems to have his bleep together, good for him, and best of luck.
Never go full Rider!