Congratulations Dalton Schoen leading league in receiving yards

Started by Tiger, October 29, 2022, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

I do t think I would do this before the fat lady sings but unless Lewis gets 138 yards or White gets almost 200 yards Dalton is in first. 

Quite an accomplishment for a true rookie, not to mention the number of touchdowns, yards per catch, number of second down conversions and clutch catches.

I did not see this coming and I am appreciative and happy for him.

Now as Teddy Green said ?I?d when the real season begins.?  I am glad to have a healthy Schoen on our team.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Tiger on October 29, 2022, 01:58:08 PM
I do t think I would do this before the fat lady sings but unless Lewis gets 138 yards or White gets almost 200 yards Dalton is in first. 

Quite an accomplishment for a true rookie, not to mention the number of touchdowns, yards per catch, number of second down conversions and clutch catches.

I did not see this coming and I am appreciative and happy for him.

Now as Teddy Green said ?I?d when the real season begins.?  I am glad to have a healthy Schoen on our team.
best WR rookie free agent signing just about ever! Gotta give credit to Govia and MacManus, bravo!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Stats Junkie

Lewis & White are both on 1 game injured list. Receiving race is done.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Stats Junkie on October 29, 2022, 05:13:02 PM
Lewis & White are both on 1 game injured list. Receiving race is done.
I would love to know where Schoen stands all time rookie WR stats?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DCM

According to https://www.cflapedia.com/records.htm

Most Yards Receiving Season First Year Player:
Matt Clark BC 1530 (1991)
Derrell Mitchell Tor 1457 (1997)

Dalton Schoen Wpg 1441 (2022)

It is outdated as Stegall is still listed as all-time receiving leader, but something to go off of here.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

TecnoGenius

What a year for Schoen.  When's the last time that:
a) a rookie was the top-$$ fantasy WR
b) a Bomber was the top-$$ fantasy WR
??

Bomber credo is to spread the ball around, so for Schoen to light it up so much is quite an accomplishment.  Even Lawler never made top-$$ WR when in WPG.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Here's a question: how do the crazy-successful rookie WRs do in the post-season?  Do they keep it up, or choke?

I was going to ask how Chris Matthews did in the post-season in his rookie year, but I'm pretty sure Bombers missed the playoffs for all of his years.  So the question will have to go to other teams...
Never go full Rider!

DCM

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 30, 2022, 01:15:13 AM
Here's a question: how do the crazy-successful rookie WRs do in the post-season?  Do they keep it up, or choke?

I was going to ask how Chris Matthews did in the post-season in his rookie year, but I'm pretty sure Bombers missed the playoffs for all of his years.  So the question will have to go to other teams...

Well BC lost in a high scoring game in 1991, but a quick search hasn't found me any stat lines so not sure there.

As for Mitchell in 1997, they won the Grey Cup. I don't see his stats in the Eastern Final but for the Grey Cup he went 5/58 YDS for 1 TD. (https://stats.cfldb.ca/league/cfl/schedule/1997/11/16/tor-vs-ssk/)
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here