Paul Lapolice Fired

Started by ModAdmin, October 01, 2022, 06:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Dave Naylor
@TSNDaveNaylor
Follow
Special teams coach Bob Dyce is the @REDBLACKS interim head coach. #CFL

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/01/ottawa-redblacks-fire-head-coach-paul-lapolice/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

The Zipp

Not surprised.  Too bad for him with masoli getting hurt but he made some big errors for not being a rookie HC.  Should have hired Khari as OC instead of trying to do it all. 

GOLDMEMBER

Wow could not even make it through the year.

They could done that a couple weeks ago.

He just is not HC material. Curious to see where he resurfaces?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bwiser

A nice guy who is a good coordinator but struggled as a head coach. If Massoli doesn't get hurt he probably still has a job. Craig Dickenson is now the coach on the hot seat.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on October 01, 2022, 06:33:57 PM
Not surprised.  Too bad for him with masoli getting hurt but he made some big errors for not being a rookie HC.  Should have hired Khari as OC instead of trying to do it all. 

I like that idea

M.O.A.B.

Khari will be the next Ottawa's Head Coach.

GOLDMEMBER

He won?t have a problem finding another job.

TBURGESS

Don't you need to give a coach three years to make the playoffs if they inherit a bad team or does that only apply to MOS, after applying 20-20 hindsight?
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

dd

I thought they would have waited until,the end of the season but this was inevitable. The man was a terrible head coach.

Who is going to be their interim OC??

The Zipp

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 01, 2022, 07:07:42 PM
Don't you need to give a coach three years to make the playoffs if they inherit a bad team or does that only apply to MOS, after applying 20-20 hindsight?

When you know you know...there is no formula and no team or situation is the same. 

Nice try though. 

Lincoln Locomotive

His record as a head coach is 22-50 and those numbers speak for themselves....albeit he did get us to the Grey Cup in one of those years as our head coach.    Good luck to him and he will end up somewhere in the CFL....maybe back with the Riders after they clean house management wise!
Bomber fan for life

M.O.A.B.

It was Desjardins who hired Lapo though, not Burke.

GoldHelmetHead

The Bombers weren't getting worse under MOS, they were building something. Lapo looks like a deer in the headlights as a coach and he runs the same stupid dunk passes for short yardage we did with Nichols.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: GoldHelmetHead on October 01, 2022, 07:41:58 PM
The Bombers weren't getting worse under MOS, they were building something. Lapo looks like a deer in the headlights as a coach and he runs the same stupid dunk passes for short yardage we did with Nichols.
This^ welcome GoldHelmet. Love the handle ;D

TBURGESS

Quote from: GoldHelmetHead on October 01, 2022, 07:41:58 PM
You're applying 20-20 hindsight there. MOS' first two seasons were 7 wins, then 5 wins & he didn't lose his starting QB in week 3.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.