Paul Lapolice Fired

Started by ModAdmin, October 01, 2022, 06:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

You could see this coming for weeks now. I couldn't believe there was people on this board that thought he was save.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 01, 2022, 07:07:42 PM
Don't you need to give a coach three years to make the playoffs if they inherit a bad team or does that only apply to MOS, after applying 20-20 hindsight?
Im not sure that's a fair analogy....MOS established and brought a new culture to the Winnipeg locker room that LAPO could never emulate.   To do what MOS accomplished takes time....he also had Walters and Miller to back him through it all and they stayed the course....and look where we are now?   LAPO is a great OC but he doesn't exactly inspire as HC.....that you can't teach.   You either have this ability or you don't.    MOS has it and LAPO doesn't....end of story.
MOS empowers his players and coaches and that in itself is a powerful tool when building a dynasty....not to mention acquiring a ringer QB which we now have with Zach8.....or "8 Ball"!  
When they asked Bud Grant about the keys to his success.....he said what's needed is a "good wife, a good dog, and a great QB".    MOS has all of those going for him and his ability to inspire his teammates and coaches to all be leaders, is something to behold!   It even goes beyond football and applies to real life situations in general!  
That being said, I wish nothing but the best for LAPO because he is truly a great guy however I think his days of being a head coach in the CFL are all but done.    I could be wrong on this however and he may end up as a HC somewhere else....but I wouldn't bet on it.
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 01, 2022, 07:49:48 PM
You're applying 20-20 hindsight there. MOS' first two seasons were 7 wins, then 5 wins & he didn't lose his starting QB in week 3.
For gods sake TBurg are you gonna do this friggin again? Man you are a stubborn fellow!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TBURGESS

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 01, 2022, 07:52:06 PM
For gods sake TBurg are you gonna do this friggin again? Man you are a stubborn fellow!
I'm simply pointing out that neither MOS nor PLAP had good years in the first 2 seasons. MOS didn't lose his starting QB early in the season like PLAP did. The same folks who think that PLAP should be fired (I agree BTW) think that MOS shouldn't have been fired, cuz he was "Building something". That's called 20-20 hindsight, but folks want to call it knowing that MOS would be great all along.

MOS became great late in his 6th season when Collaros became our starting QB.

Now, are you friggin going to go around this mulberry bush another time? Cuz, it takes 2 or more stubborn folks to make that happen.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

blue_or_die

As a general rule, don?t feed any trolls.
#Ride?

Pigskin

The difference is Lapo has been a head coach in the past, he should have found solutions quicker.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 01, 2022, 08:03:09 PM
I'm simply pointing out that neither MOS nor PLAP had good years in the first 2 seasons. MOS didn't lose his starting QB early in the season like PLAP did. The same folks who think that PLAP should be fired (I agree BTW) think that MOS shouldn't have been fired, cuz he was "Building something". That's called 20-20 hindsight, but folks want to call it knowing that MOS would be great all along.

MOS became great late in his 6th season when Collaros became our starting QB.

Now, are you friggin going to go around this mulberry bush another time? Cuz, it takes 2 or more stubborn folks to make that happen.
Whatever!  :D You can have fun in your alternate dimension.

Waffler

Quote from: Pigskin on October 01, 2022, 08:23:15 PM
The difference is Lapo has been a head coach in the past, he should have found solutions quicker.

Yeah, he did earn the second chance. But it is what it is now. Back to OC somewhere or to TSN.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Waffler on October 01, 2022, 09:30:34 PM
Yeah, he did earn the second chance. But it is what it is now. Back to OC somewhere or to TSN.

TSN will have to many options!

BLM retiring? Lapo jobless! Who else?

Waffler

How does Benevides feel to be passed over? Knowing him, he is somewhat unhappy, haha. Does Dyce have any hope in Hades of keeping the job past this year? If not, add Benevides to your TSN list there Goldie.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

M.O.A.B.

Benevidez will follow Lapo out the door by the end of the season.

theaardvark

Dyce doesn't want the HC job, IIRC. 

If I were to guess, I'd think Lapo's time in the CFL is over, I think he'd be better suited to an NCAA co-ordinator position, which probably pays more than a CFL OC...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 01, 2022, 10:04:05 PM
Benevidez will follow Lapo out the door by the end of the season.
It is kinda crazy how many DC and OC retread candidates get other shots.

Austin85

Bring Lapo back to Winnipeg, next year as a coach.  He is a great offensive mind.

The Zipp

Quote from: Austin85 on October 01, 2022, 11:11:01 PM
Bring Lapo back to Winnipeg, next year as a coach.  He is a great offensive mind.

I am happy with Buck thanks..