Stamps sign quarterback Jake Maier to two-year contract extension

Started by Throw Long Bannatyne, September 27, 2022, 04:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

BLM's days in Calgary are numbered. They probably look to trade him in the off season if he's not actually going into free agency.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 27, 2022, 04:34:05 PM
BLM's days in Calgary are numbered. They probably look to trade him in the off season if he's not actually going into free agency.

I'm sure they'll let him pick his destination, he knows he won't have any success jumping into a tire fire in progress.

Jesse

BLM said last year that he would retire if he felt he couldn't do it anymore. I guess the question is, does he still feel he can do it.

I wouldn't have expected to see him play for another team, but his comments since being benched have still indicated that he feels he should be the starter. So maybe he still wants  to compete.
My wife is amazing!

Tee42

Glad to see they are starting negotiations for next year.  BLM is running out of Options.  Hamilton?

3rdand1.5

Many teams could be in on BLM for 2023 if he still wants to play

Possibly BC to mentor Rourke...and as a possible stop gap when the NFL comes calling for him
Possibly Edm. Compete with Cornelious
Cal... not unless he is satisfied with being back-up
Sask. Fajardo may be playing himself out of favor over there, never say never
Wpg...not unless Zach retires or demands to leave
T.O...they love "big" names in T.O that would be a "pinball esq" move
Hammy...Do they really confidence in the Dane, I could see Hammy making a strong push at him
Ott..Is Masoli the future, older guy coming off a serious injury, possibly a coaching change also
Mtrl..Got rid of VAJ are they truly happy at QB going into next year, I don't think so

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on September 27, 2022, 04:43:10 PM
BLM said last year that he would retire if he felt he couldn't do it anymore. I guess the question is, does he still feel he can do it.

I wouldn't have expected to see him play for another team, but his comments since being benched have still indicated that he feels he should be the starter. So maybe he still wants  to compete.

I see him going to Toronto, either with the Argos or TSN who desperately need new blood on their panel.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 27, 2022, 05:24:00 PM
I see him going to Toronto, either with the Argos or TSN who desperately need new blood on their panel.
I agree TSN needs new blood Milt is as smooth as ever but especially Sanchez struggles to speak smoothly a lot. Matt is Matt he brings a nice sense of humour and you really need a QB on the panel.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on September 28, 2022, 03:08:22 AM
$400K plus, per season. Good for Jake.

Yikes.  Not worth it IMHO.  I think Jake would be just like Arbuckle if he left CGY.  So many QBs (and DCs) look good just because it's CGY.  Then they leave and they're just meh.

Maybe Jakes is slightly > Arbuckle.  But not by much.  Remember how great Arrrbuckle looked when spelling BLM??

This might turn out to be CGY's Cody moment... overpaying for an apparent up & comer who just put in 1 good season.
Never go full Rider!

BLUEBOMBER

I believe Hamilton or Edmonton would be the best fit for BLM.  If I was BLM I would not want to play in Edmonton since it's not in the best shape.  Hamilton might be a better choice because at least you know respect will be given by Stenauer and company.

TecnoGenius

My money is on BLM retiring, especially if TSN is hiring.  I really can't see BLM in any other colors.  Regardless, CGY will need a backup for next year...
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

I can see BLM playing for Edmonton. Chris Jones will talk and convince his Texan heart and pride. It doesn't mean he will fit McAdoo's offense though. He prefer athletic QBs.

If MacBeth will lead Argos to the playoff I don't think Pinball will be interested. But if they falter in the playoffs, I expect BLM in Argo uniform next season.

theaardvark

All this talk of another CFL team... why no discussion about XFL / USFL?  He'd be a big get, and a solid core.  And there are more than a few exCFL coaches down there.  Where does BLM live in the offseason?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 28, 2022, 05:12:44 AM
Yikes.  Not worth it IMHO.  I think Jake would be just like Arbuckle if he left CGY.  So many QBs (and DCs) look good just because it's CGY.  Then they leave and they're just meh.

Maybe Jakes is slightly > Arbuckle.  But not by much.  Remember how great Arrrbuckle looked when spelling BLM??

This might turn out to be CGY's Cody moment... overpaying for an apparent up & comer who just put in 1 good season.

He has shown even last season to be more than a capable back up.   I think he will be a great QB and he has the right attitude.   Huff/Dickie  both know a  thing or two about QBs and BLM will be forced to either swallow his pride as the #2 guy in Calgary or move on.    He has done very well as one of the premier QBs in the CFL and his winning record speaks volumes....however injuries have really caught up to him and he is not the same BLM we saw in his prime.
Bomber fan for life