Stamps sign quarterback Jake Maier to two-year contract extension

Started by Throw Long Bannatyne, September 27, 2022, 04:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

The XFL and USFL would be an insult.
Surprisingly, name a team that has it all, except a QB.
BC Lions.

The Question is....How bad is Bo's injured shoulder.
When he started he looked apathetic, just heaving the ball u there with little accuracy

Also if he went to Ottawa, he might save both Lapo's and his career.

He WAS great on TSN last year during the CUP as a broadcaster.  Intelligent and funny

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: DM83 on September 28, 2022, 03:07:52 PM
The XFL and USFL would be an insult.
Surprisingly, name a team that has it all, except a QB.
BC Lions.

The Question is....How bad is Bo's injured shoulder.
When he started he looked apathetic, just heaving the ball u there with little accuracy

Also if he went to Ottawa, he might save both Lapo's and his career.

He WAS great on TSN last year during the CUP as a broadcaster.  Intelligent and funny

I got a feeling Lapo will not survived Ottawa in the off-season. Remember he was inherited by Burke from Desjardins.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 28, 2022, 05:12:44 AM
Yikes.  Not worth it IMHO.  I think Jake would be just like Arbuckle if he left CGY.  So many QBs (and DCs) look good just because it's CGY.  Then they leave and they're just meh.

Maybe Jakes is slightly > Arbuckle.  But not by much.  Remember how great Arrrbuckle looked when spelling BLM??

This might turn out to be CGY's Cody moment... overpaying for an apparent up & comer who just put in 1 good season.

The caveat is Maier is staying in Calgary and it looks like they will be a very good team for many years to come.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on September 28, 2022, 01:42:20 PM
All this talk of another CFL team... why no discussion about XFL / USFL?  He'd be a big get, and a solid core.  And there are more than a few exCFL coaches down there.  Where does BLM live in the offseason?

I believe he lives in Calgary fulltime, apparently he just built a new house in Chestermere, which is a community outside of Calgary built around a duck pond.

Pigskin

BO could be the next KG if he wants to stay in the CFL and has the desire to play again.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on September 28, 2022, 04:27:44 PM
BO could be the next KG if he wants to stay in the CFL and has the desire to play again.

I don't think he has the patience or personality to take on the "Kevin Glenn experience", I would expect there are only a few select locations he would agree to play.

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 28, 2022, 05:01:42 PM
I don't think he has the patience or personality to take on the "Kevin Glenn experience", I would expect there are only a few select locations he would agree to play.

He has a home in Calgary. I could see him playing backup in Calgary for a couple more years. He would get JM money which is around $125K and JM get BO money which is just north of $400K. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

BLUEBOMBER

Perhaps BLM can go through what Dickenson did to be HC one day.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 28, 2022, 04:23:20 PM
The caveat is Maier is staying in Calgary and it looks like they will be a very good team for many years to come.

Yes, that is the best of both worlds for both parties.  Maier gets to look better than he really is, and CGY gets steady wins.  However, he probably won't lead them to as many GCs and playoff wins as BLM did.  Maier right now is far less than BLM was in his prime.
Never go full Rider!

Cool Spot

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 28, 2022, 01:22:15 PM
If MacBeth will lead Argos to the playoff I don't think Pinball will be interested. But if they falter in the playoffs, I expect BLM in Argo uniform next season.

Toronto has a long history of attracting high-caliber QB's and winning Grey Cups with them at the helm (numbers in parentheses is the year they won):

* Dunigan (1991)
* Flutie (1996, 1997)
* Allen (2004)
* Ray (2012, 2017)

None of those guys started their career with Toronto; in fact, they all had many years experience and at least 1 previous Grey Cup. So, Toronto to me seems like a logical choice.

GOLDMEMBER

I would like to see him play for another team but I think he makes a B line to TSN money and does colour commentary from the west door eventually.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!