Rider at Blue Bombers pre game thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 25, 2022, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 28, 2022, 09:10:33 PM
Ya, I'm watching Dickenson The Lesser's pressers daily now (not sure why), and it's astounding how up front he is about injuries.  Basically spills all the beans about injuries as well as when guys are coming back or expected to play, etc.  Astounding for this fan who is used to seeing the MOS "we know nothing, we see nothing" routine.

Of course, MOS is 12-2 and Dickenson The Lesser 6-8... so besides fan groaning, maybe MOS is doing it the right way.  ;) :D

They brought in some young IMP to be RB also.  Not sure if they ride with just him or do a rotation with LaFrance.  I think LaFrance can do better than you guys think.  He has wheels, if not much power.

I would really hope we would not dress Keion Adams for the SSK game.  Who knows where his loyalties lie.  Wait until next game.

I don't think they'll dress him this Friday, but why would he have any loyalty to the team that just cut him?  Smart move by Walters, avoids all the expense and paperwork of bringing a new import into Canada and can be had for the price of a plane ticket from Regina.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 29, 2022, 02:07:28 AM
I don't think they'll dress him this Friday, but why would he have any loyalty to the team that just cut him?  Smart move by Walters, avoids all the expense and paperwork of bringing a new import into Canada and can be had for the price of a plane ticket from Regina.

Oh you don't want to know all the rabbit holes my brain capable of going down vis a vis Regina and their ex-players.  Maybe the Durant thing pushed me over the edge.

Back to the player himself: Riderfans has been saying he's ineffective for months now.  They are happy he's gone.  I won't vouch for the veracity of their claims, after all, they are wearing green.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Adams: 7 games, 17 DT's, 2 sacks.   Avg. 2.5 DT per game.

Jeffcoat:  11 games 18DT's, 3 sacks.  Avg. 1.6 DT per game.

I would say his numbers are pretty good. And knowing the Riders D inside and out is priceless.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

ModAdmin

Sort of surprised to hear Rider fans bad mouthing Bomber fans/stadium.  Winnipeg as well is getting a bad rep on their forum.  I guess losing does that to you.  Hope the Bombers come to this game hungry and motivated.  Pretty sure Mike O'Shea will have them ready regardless of who is next up for any injured players.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 29, 2022, 04:39:16 AM
Sort of surprised to hear Rider fans bad mouthing Bomber fans/stadium.  Winnipeg as well is getting a bad rep on their forum.  I guess losing does that to you.

Ya, I think it's sore losers.  Not even sure some of those guys are telling true stories.  I've never seen behaviour like they describe in any stadium.

In recent years I've been to CGY stadium twice and SSK stadium twice and I've always been treated great.  The worst you get is apathy, and that's ok.

When I see greenies (or any other non-WPG fan) at IGF I always go out of my way to welcome them and good-game them, etc, if I can.  For the Banjo Bowl I was talking to a really drunk group of ladies after the game and they started out a bit tetchy but lightened up a lot when I told them I was at the LDC and loved it in Regina at their new stadium.  Ended up having a bunch of laughs with them as we walked, and they were badmouthing / crying about Cody.   ;D :D ;D

We should always be nice to IGF-visiting green fans because at the very least they are adding big $$ to the WFC bottom line.  And that's a good thing.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 29, 2022, 02:21:58 AM

Back to the player himself: Riderfans has been saying he's ineffective for months now. 

Collaros was comparatively ineffective there too. He was not a fan of the offense they made him run. 

As far as LaFrance, he's a vet and coming in fresh and motivated. I expect he's got one or two very good games left.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Jesse

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 29, 2022, 04:39:16 AM
Sort of surprised to hear Rider fans bad mouthing Bomber fans/stadium.  Winnipeg as well is getting a bad rep on their forum.  I guess losing does that to you.  Hope the Bombers come to this game hungry and motivated.  Pretty sure Mike O'Shea will have them ready regardless of who is next up for any injured players.

We've had big crowds.

No offense to anyone here, but you throw that many people together and fill them full of beer and you're going to have quite a few jerks in the mix.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 29, 2022, 02:21:58 AM
Oh you don't want to know all the rabbit holes my brain capable of going down vis a vis Regina and their ex-players.  Maybe the Durant thing pushed me over the edge.

Back to the player himself: Riderfans has been saying he's ineffective for months now.  They are happy he's gone.  I won't vouch for the veracity of their claims, after all, they are wearing green.

maybe just maybe
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DM83

What's techy? Did you get  number?  :)  sounded like a bonus, besides an entertaining game.  I too, love going to Regina, never had a problem.  I find the Regina folks to be the same as Winnipeggers.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: DM83 on September 29, 2022, 02:22:32 PM
What's techy? Did you get  number?  :)  sounded like a bonus, besides an entertaining game.  I too, love going to Regina, never had a problem.  I find the Regina folks to be the same as Winnipeggers.

Other than getting viciously yelled by a chick rider fan for apparently taking her cab during the LDC I have had no problems there in years. A bouncer appointed us the cab but she was a rude little b%#?**?#

Some Riderfans can take off eh but 90% are fine.

M.O.A.B.

Hoping Willie's bulletin board material will not bite him in the *** and cause us this game.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 29, 2022, 02:55:13 PM
Everyone in except Jeffcoat: https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1575485549162504192/photo/1

They need D-line rotation, hopefully we'll get to see Cooper play tomorrow, rotating in a DT as a rush end did not work at all last game and Willy needs help gettin' after it.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 29, 2022, 02:42:16 PM
Hoping Willie's bulletin board material will not bite him in the *** and cause us this game.
oh oh what did Willie say?

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 29, 2022, 03:29:41 PM
oh oh what did Willie say?

This is what I got from the other fan forum. I haven't read the whole article though because of pay wall.

"Any chance they get to make a mistake, every week, they pretty much do it. There are some good guys on their team, it's just the lack of leadership. Like I said, there's some good guys on the team, but the guys that are out there making mistakes seem to not care," Bombers defensive end Willie Jefferson told the Free Press after Tuesday's practice.

"They're just out there to play for themselves, not trying to play for the team, not trying to play for the organization or the city. That is a city driven team, you know what I'm saying? For you to not have that on your mind going out there to play, it's hard to be disciplined. So, that's something that we preach over here. We want to play together, we want to be disciplined, and we want to play a clean game, but that's something that they don't do over there."