Rider at Blue Bombers pre game thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 25, 2022, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

The DL and the LB corp need to step up and help the boys in the back!

Alexander you would think should be able to make more of an impact.

On O we need to clean up turnovers Please!

ST it would be nice to see better kick coverage and maybe Grant will look for healthy in the return game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

buckzumhoff

We need better kick returns and punt returns.

dd

Riders are going to be hungry/looking for a playoff cross over win....Fajardo should have success vs our backend, could upset us.

pjrocksmb

Will be a similar game to the one in Regina

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on September 26, 2022, 12:44:19 AM
Riders are going to be hungry/looking for a playoff cross over win....Fajardo should have success vs our backend, could upset us.
If his stainer OL gives him any time at all?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Nah.  There's a risk we put up over 50 on them this time.  They just don't play hard outside of Mosaic because they figure they won't get beat up by the fans upon exit.

This game would be important for SSK, but I think they put their concentration and effort into beating HAM the following week.  That one basically gets them 4 points in terms of winning the crossover.  If SSK can manage to beat HAM that game, SSK most likely crosses over.

If IGF has a rockin' large-crowd game for a late Sept, it's going to be hard on SSK.

Just watch, every hole HAM exploited will be filled by Hall for this game.  You aren't going to beat us the same way twice.  If I was SSK, I'd pound the ground with Hickson 50% of the plays and do a lot of speed sweeps with others.  That's their best attack, and it's WPG's weakness.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 26, 2022, 01:54:09 AM
Nah.  There's a risk we put up over 50 on them this time.  They just don't play hard outside of Mosaic because they figure they won't get beat up by the fans upon exit.

This game would be important for SSK, but I think they put their concentration and effort into beating HAM the following week.  That one basically gets them 4 points in terms of winning the crossover.  If SSK can manage to beat HAM that game, SSK most likely crosses over.

If IGF has a rockin' large-crowd game for a late Sept, it's going to be hard on SSK.

Just watch, every hole HAM exploited will be filled by Hall for this game.  You aren't going to beat us the same way twice.  If I was SSK, I'd pound the ground with Hickson 50% of the plays and do a lot of speed sweeps with others.  That's their best attack, and it's WPG's weakness.

I think we will see Zach make amends for a down game in his eyes, he played flawlessly in the last game against the Riders, so he knows exactly what he needs to do to beat that team.

Tee42

Coming off a by, additional injuries, and new players trying to learn the playbook. This game will not be as close as you think.
Injuries? Potential people coming off the IR. Lots to learn.

TecnoGenius

NOTE: This game (7pm) overlaps the second double-header game in BC (9:30).  Adjust your PVRs accordingly.  The BC game might be mostly done by the time I make it home!

Boy, it would be nice (and funny) if OTT beats BC.  Wow, would that really help us clinch 1st.  Ah, a man can dream.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

As much as the Riders have fallen into the pit of despair.....don't count them out this week....even if their coach said they weren't very good.    Think the players like to hear those comments?   They are pros and despite their shooting themselves in the foot so many times this season....they will want to atone for the 50 burger we served them in the BB.    We are so banged up now and I don't see us picking up any new players that could make an immediate impact especially on defence.    Many posted on here about how lousy a season the TiCats had and then they whipped our butts.....despite the fact that they lost to Montreal the very next week!!  This is the CFL and as we know any team on any given day can win.   I'd be happy with a one point win at this point.....we need to continue finding ways to win games as we close down the regular season.   Backing into the playoffs isn't the way for us to get to Regina in November.
Bomber fan for life

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 26, 2022, 04:20:55 AM
NOTE: This game (7pm) overlaps the second double-header game in BC (9:30).  Adjust your PVRs accordingly.  The BC game might be mostly done by the time I make it home!

Boy, it would be nice (and funny) if OTT beats BC.  Wow, would that really help us clinch 1st.  Ah, a man can dream.

I can't see this happening unless VA has another stinker of a game.....apparently Burnham is out with a suspected broken wrist.    However, in the CFL anything is possible.   
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

For what it's worth, from the Riders forum comments.

Clements is expected back at WIL for this game and that Wilson might be back soon as well although not for this game. That's news to me but would be welcome if true.

Clements would be less of a surprise since he's missed 4 games IIRC. If Wilson is able to play and start going into the play offs that would be a giant boost on defence. He's a top player. Pushing Clements to a DI role with Wilson starting is an improvement in our depth situation too.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Both teams should be rested and ready to go. Our D has to play much better. Agree our return game needs to be better. We also need to shut down their return game. Alford can be dangerous. ZC8 cannot turn over the like he has been lately. I am hoping for about 30,000 in the stands. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 26, 2022, 01:18:52 PM
As much as the Riders have fallen into the pit of despair.....don't count them out this week....even if their coach said they weren't very good.    Think the players like to hear those comments?   They are pros and despite their shooting themselves in the foot so many times this season....they will want to atone for the 50 burger we served them in the BB.   

Here's to shoving another hundred burgers down their throats.

DM83

What are you talking about burgers?
**** you....its lunch time and now ya got me  thinking about that.:)