Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchean September 4, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 03, 2022, 05:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 04, 2022, 02:42:41 AM
when we had Stove...he created opportunities for WJ and JJ to do their thing....no offence to Thomas and Sayles but Stove was a beast in the middle and made us so difficult to run against.   He missed the first 6 games last season due to injury and we gave up huge chunks of rushing yards....then he came back and made an immediate impact.   Our LB corp is also pretty beat up so our DBs are having a tougher time of it as well.   Last year our D won games for us and this year not as much albeit our offence has done well.    We've still only lost one game so we must be doing something right....

No Darby, Alexander, Wilson, Jones, Alford, or Stove. Jefferson has also missed a few games this year. This years D, just not as good as last years D. Now we lose Houston who was having a good year.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on September 04, 2022, 03:44:38 AM
No Darby, Alexander, Wilson, Jones, Alford, or Stove. Jefferson has also missed a few games this year. This years D, just not as good as last years D. Now we lose Houston who was having a good year.

Do you mean Jeffcoat?  I don't recall Willy missing a game since he's been a Bomber.

Pigskin

Blue In BC

GO BOMBERS. Fast start and don't take the foot off the pedal. Important game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Rest assured their D will be fired up.....their LBs and front 4 are top notch....we need a good start today and try and take the crowd out of it early.....the Riders thrive off the momentum of their fans and there's a reason they're 14-2 in the LDC games.    For me....this is their biggest challenge this season, especially because they are so banged up.   Our 10-1 record means nothing at the moment despite the odds makers favouring the Bombers.   Buckle up sports fans.....this will be another war!  
Bomber fan for life

The Zipp

I want to win so bad cause it's the riders but a loss with no major injuries is still a win for today. 

gordo

Blue In BC

Quote from: gordo on September 04, 2022, 04:49:43 PM
Briggs starting and dressing two new dbs. Nervous.

Parker and Holms have been with the team since TC. It's not optimum but Parker looked good in the last game and Holm has been on the roster as a DI before.

Obviously having Houston and Clements would be preferable but every team has to deal with injuries.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Couldn't get a better day. Fishing in the morning, Canada/US women's gold medal game, Bomber/Riders.

Bluehawk

Is the LDC on US television today?  Anyone have info on that?
Thanks.

Go Bombers!
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

Bluehawk

I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

bomb squad

Let's go boys! Let's get a new LDC streak going. No. 2 today!

Lincoln Locomotive

Crowd is really in this especially with the start they're having.....not a good start for our D.   They pretty much marched unimpeded.   Can we respond on offence?   
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Who said Hickson isn't that good? Bombers D looked like swiss cheese on that drive.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Pigskin on September 04, 2022, 10:18:44 PM
Who said Hickson isn't that good? Bombers D looked like swiss cheese on that drive.
I think it was Blue in BC...
Bomber fan for life