Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchean September 4, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 03, 2022, 05:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Biggest back to back games of the year.  A win at the LDC cements a playoff spot.

Changes for the Blue Bombers includes...

In:  #17 Kramdi, #31 Holm, #36 Thompson, #84 O'Leary Orange, #93 Wilcots II

Out: #0 Clements, #32 Burtenshaw, #35 Houston, #39 Rene, #69 Machino

Jesse Briggs replaces Clements

Blue Bombers Depth Chart...

https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1566071015590965248/photo/1

Roughriders Depth Chart...

https://twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/1566098084496637953/photo/1

Blue Bomber Injury List...

https://twitter.com/Stats_Junkie/status/1566094123635179521/photo/2

Let's get it on and let's go Bombers!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Jesse

Man, thought we'd see less injuries once we got to our bye week.
My wife is amazing!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Is this a 5:00 CST start? The Bomber app isn?t working and every site I?ve seen with the start time doesn?t mention which time zone it?s in.

ModAdmin

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on September 03, 2022, 05:46:11 PM
Is this a 5:00 CST start? The Bomber app isn?t working and every site I?ve seen with the start time doesn?t mention which time zone it?s in.

5:00 pm start is correct.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Tiger

NIce to have Thompson back.  Missing Houston already.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Pigskin

Quote from: Tiger on September 03, 2022, 06:17:54 PM
Ice to have Thompson back.  Missing Houston already.

Looks like Thompson will be backing up Hallett. We will have to wait and see how long that last. Or will they rotate.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on September 03, 2022, 05:42:59 PM
Man, thought we'd see less injuries once we got to our bye week.

We are getting there. Couture, Grant, and Clements on the 1 game.

NH23, GE2, BA37, and DR60, are the only guys I think will come off the 6 game this year.

NH23, BA37, DR60, all practiced last week.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on September 03, 2022, 06:27:00 PM
Looks like Thompson will be backing up Hallett. We will have to wait and see how long that last. Or will they rotate.

I wonder what the long-term future of Thompson is, he's a bit undersized to play LB but if he put on another 10-15 lbs. he might be able to play or backup dime back until Alexander is done playing Safety.  Regardless, I hope they can hold onto him for a few years as he has a nose for the ball and seems pretty versatile, it would be a pity to relegate him to ST for the next couple of years.

Sir Blue and Gold

9 starting Canadians on that roster which will be the most I can remember in recent memory.

the paw

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 03, 2022, 09:11:18 PM
9 starting Canadians on that roster which will be the most I can remember in recent memory.

Interestingly, a similar situation for Saskatchewan. 
grab grass 'n growl

The Zipp

I have no data to back it up but it seems we haven't created a bunch of turnovers on defence this season. Would love to see some strip sacks and INT's tomorrow. 

NewBlue

Quote from: The Zipp on September 04, 2022, 12:49:25 AM
I have no data to back it up but it seems we haven't created a bunch of turnovers on defence this season. Would love to see some strip sacks and INT's tomorrow. 

Was thinking the same.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: The Zipp on September 04, 2022, 12:49:25 AM
when we had Stove...he created opportunities for WJ and JJ to do their thing....no offence to Thomas and Sayles but Stove was a beast in the middle and made us so difficult to run against.   He missed the first 6 games last season due to injury and we gave up huge chunks of rushing yards....then he came back and made an immediate impact.   Our LB corp is also pretty beat up so our DBs are having a tougher time of it as well.   Last year our D won games for us and this year not as much albeit our offence has done well.    We've still only lost one game so we must be doing something right....
Bomber fan for life