Als at Argos GDT (Harris debut)

Started by GOLDMEMBER, June 16, 2022, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Quote from: Horseman on June 17, 2022, 02:39:51 AM
That loss is not on Khari, that is all on Cote, snap good, hold good, kick not so good.
at the end of the day they are 0-2 ,,if they go 0-3 I doubt Khari stays

Pigskin

Great move by Montreal to pickup Trevor Harris.

I thought AH33 looked good in the 1st half. 17 yard rec, 68 yards rushing. The 2nd half he look like he had run out of gas. To bad he got injured.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

3rdand1.5

Quote from: Pete on June 17, 2022, 02:43:11 AM

Based of what I saw from Sask. It doesn't look good for him

3rdand1.5

Andrew Harris is so good, but unfortunately father time never loses. He has the right desire but it appears his body can't maintain his mental desire,  it's too bad

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 16, 2022, 06:09:02 PM
That's rather negative and could apply to any player in the league. Take note that we lost Prukop and Briggs to the 6 game IR after game 1. Clements is nicked along with several others.

Ottawa lost their starting safety to the 6 game IR and Montreal lost Stanback to the 6 game IR.

I would have said the same thing if Harris was a Bomber.  The age and position are facts you can't ignore.  Playing 10-11 great/ok games isn't overtly negative for a guy his age.  The best thing for any team that he is on is saving him for the last 1/3rd of the year.  Limit his touches. 

Horseman

Quote from: Pete on June 17, 2022, 02:43:11 AM

There is no way and I mean NO WAY (yelling it) that MTL ties the can to Khari even if they go 0-3.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on June 17, 2022, 02:46:56 AM
Andrew Harris is so good, but unfortunately father time never loses. He has the right desire but it appears his body can't maintain his mental desire,  it's too bad
yup this ^
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Horseman

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on June 17, 2022, 02:46:56 AM

There was a quote in an NFL film about running backs that stated: "A running back and his body is like an outlaw and his horse, he has too ride that nag until it drops". It appears at 35 years of age, his body can no longer take the punishment.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Horseman on June 17, 2022, 02:50:55 AM
There was a quote in an NFL film about running backs that stated: "A running back and his body is like an outlaw and his horse, he has too ride that nag until it drops". It appears at 35 years of age, his body can no longer take the punishment.
so true. AH has had an amazing career but yes he was completely ineffective in the second half after a real good first half. Some of that could attributed to lack of OL blocking and MBT not being effective enough to warrant extra D against the pass. But then he was out when Argos really need him in there. They should have lost but Cote is cocked eyed apparently.  :D

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 17, 2022, 02:30:25 AM
Wow Cote is a loser!
I take that comment earlier back!

You jinxed him.

Blue In BC

Harris had a pretty good game. He did pull a hamstring and that could be a problem for awhile or a precautionary situation. I wouldn't pre judge this to an age problem although it certainly could be that. We'll see how things progress with any recovery.

We lost two players to the 6 game IR after the 1st game that are younger. We also lost Clements to the 1 game but I haven't heard what his injury is yet.

Football is a game where any injury is one play away.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Horseman on June 17, 2022, 02:50:55 AM

Harris defied the odds but he was so clearly out of gas last year. He just couldn't make all the runs like he used to. He still can't. 35 is pretty wild for an every down running back. It's a bit different, but there are tons of articles you can read measuring running back effectiveness in the NFL and the trend is downward once you hit 27. There are outliers and Harris is one of them but yeah, you could see it last year clear as day.

GOLDMEMBER

Regarding AH it will be interesting just to see how the next few games go if he even plays?

Sir Blue and Gold

PJ -- Both kickers were fine? Lol. What game were you watching? Bede went 3 for 5 with a long of 38 and Cote missed a 20 yard chip shot to win the game.

That's fine?! What is not fine? Lol

Blue In BC

Note: Powell will miss his 2nd game to start the season. Stanback is on the 6 game IR. Both Stanback and Powell were in the top 5 rushers in 2021.

Hopefully Harris will be able to play next week.

2019 Grey Cup Champions