Main Menu

2020 NFL Season

Started by bigbuff33, August 07, 2020, 02:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Quote from: Blue In BC on December 01, 2020, 05:34:05 PM
I can't imagine an NFL bubble. Probably about 80 players per team. Coaching / training staff etc adds another 15?  So they'd be looking at 3000 people for a very extended time in 1 or 2 bubbles.

Financially is one issue but keeping people apart from families for that long is inconceivable IMO.

Who knows, maybe they can do a bubble that includes part of a city where their families can stay with them, with shopping and nightlife? Haha, I dunno, I'm just making stuff up but they NFL has massive amounts of money and this could pay for itself if you eliminate all travel costs throughout a season.
#Ride?

Pigskin

Bubble City. Where only NFL players and there families live for 6 months of the year and then move in MLB for the other 6 months.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 01, 2020, 06:43:15 PM
Who knows, maybe they can do a bubble that includes part of a city where their families can stay with them, with shopping and nightlife? Haha, I dunno, I'm just making stuff up but they NFL has massive amounts of money and this could pay for itself if you eliminate all travel costs throughout a season.

Lol. These are young kids with a giant pile of money they want to spend. Look at the issues they are having in the 2020 season. You can't control what that many players might do outside of football. They aren't going to sit in dorms for any length of time.

San Fran won't even allow 49er games to be played at home. Not sure if they previously allowed fans to attend. Wouldn't surprise me if other cities end up doing the same thing by December. Not all but some that won't allow gatherings of more than 10 people.

Another NFL game postponed ( 3rd time ) for this game now moved to tomorrow. Chaos.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

Quote from: Blue In BC on December 01, 2020, 08:35:20 PM
Lol. These are young kids with a giant pile of money they want to spend. Look at the issues they are having in the 2020 season. You can't control what that many players might do outside of football. They aren't going to sit in dorms for any length of time.

San Fran won't even allow 49er games to be played at home. Not sure if they previously allowed fans to attend. Wouldn't surprise me if other cities end up doing the same thing by December. Not all but some that won't allow gatherings of more than 10 people.

Another NFL game postponed ( 3rd time ) for this game now moved to tomorrow. Chaos.

I was suggesting something far more creative and elaborate than a "dorm" as a potential solution to having games moved to wednesday afternoons because covid has run amok.
#Ride?

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 02, 2020, 02:22:06 PM
I was suggesting something far more creative and elaborate than a "dorm" as a potential solution to having games moved to wednesday afternoons because covid has run amok.

I get that. I'm just saying I doubt you can control a significant number of very young players with money to burn. They will want to go out and do stuff. Like the general population some will be anti maskers and will feel the rules don't apply.

Money and attempted isolation are not the fix all for a complete long season for any sport.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

2:30 on TSN Finally Steelers/Ravens. Should be a blowout.

Blue In BC

Something like 6 starters between both teams gone on Covid list including L. Jackson and Pouncey.

Optimism with vaccines getting closer. Possibility of many people being vaccinated by end of February. Won't directly help NFL season.  Should make the view of 2021 for spring and summer leagues in all sports more likely.

Obviously the bigger picture is beyond sports but signs are the beginning of a recovery period in spring.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

The game is under way , RG3 playing QB for the Ravens.

Pigskin

Raven D played great, there O, not so much.

Pigskin

Alex Singleton had himself a pretty nice day with 8 tackles.

Pigskin

Tayson Hill had a good day. 27/37 for 232 yards, and 2TD's. also 83 yards rushing.

Pigskin

Very good game last night. Two young QB's put on a show.

blue_or_die

Not a bad game last night considering I don't care about either team. Went to OT.

Definitely some watch-worthy superstars on both teams though.

Not Badgley...
#Ride?

Blue In BC

Washington release QB Dwayne Haskins after he attended a strip joint and didn't wear a mask. He was benched on Sunday and fined $40K as well. Essentially he broke team protocol rules.

That's an inherent problem with young rich athletes in all sports. They have money and want to party so to speak.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DCM

Kyler Murray may miss the Rams game.. which would put Streveler watch on full duty.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here